Watching teams like A&M and Kentucky tonight

Sumlin had decent teams. The turmoil the last two years was his undoing. Don't act like his teams were losing 8 games an year.
Yeah but he took over an Arizona team that had a winning season last year and they may lose 8 this year based on how they’ve started. Now we are seeing what kind of coach he is. They got drilled by Houston. I know Houston is respectable but the score was not. It is what it is. Sumlin is a great recruiter but bad coach. He screwed up the QB situation at A&M so badly that he lost 2 5-star QBs before either ever took a snap! That’s impressive.

The fact that Kentucky looked pretty good and beat Florida shouldnt be looked at as a good thing.

Kentucky WAS one of those 6 wins people were counting on and it dont matter how bad Florida looks until they play us because you know they'll be on their A game when we play.

6 wins is looking less and less likely IMO.

Im not sure we have an SEC game on our schedule that wont be a 4 quarter grind to pull out.

Is Kentucky that good, or is Florida actually that bad? I was more optimistic before the season started, but now I'm with the others who've been saying we'll struggle in most of our games. Perhaps us, Kentucky and Florida are pretty close, ability-wise. We need to improve if we're going to beat either team, but not by much.

Sumlin chews gum on the sideline when something goes wrong. He lets his talent wins him games.

Jimbo cusses out the ref when a bad call is made. And, you can tell his team is well-coached. He lets coaching AND talent win him games.

Sumlin has checked out. Glad Jimbo has checked in.

Yes, watching TAMU win a moral victory (and fumbling through the back of the endzone) made me long for the days of CBJ . . . /bluefont

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Watching other SEC teams block and tackle with regularity, begs Vol fans to question,
Why oh why can't we do that?

If you bad mouthing UT would have been watching Kentucky last week and were a fan of them you all would have been berating them left and right. Now some of you are acting like they are great. Tennessee played well yesterday starting in the second quarter. Many overeations of negativity on this board. We only mad 3 penalties, we haven't turned the ball over in 2 games and after a bad first quarter we ran the ball well. The defense controlled the line of scrimmage and our DT's are making tackles. Gooden actually led the team in tackles. Sure we have to keep improving and we have many things to improve on, but please it's game 2 and some of you are trashing the Vols to absurd levels. I think this team will take strides all year, I am excited. We have some running backs also and the recievers aren't dropping a lot of ball. Many positives, it's tough enough in this conference without your own fans trashing you in week 2 after a 59-3 dominating win. Thank goodness our fan base goes way beyond this board. GBO!!!!!

Watching other SEC teams block and tackle with regularity, begs Vol fans to question,
Why oh why can't we do that?

Could the Vols just be constipated, who knows, but if that's the case, Pruitt knows very well how to fix that problem.

1536504987653.gif

During a long period of mismanagement and poor decisions the Vol football program has become a minor, inconsequential program in college football.

It's an afterthought nationally and not all that important in the SEC.

One wonders why all the media attention is lavished on the program?

Just think about how difficult it has been to attract good, established coaches to the program. It hasn't happened.

Whatever cachet the program may have had in the past it is long gone.

During a long period of mismanagement and poor decisions the Vol football program has become a minor, inconsequential program in college football.

It's an afterthought nationally and not all that important in the SEC.

One wonders why all the media attention is lavished on the program?

Just think about how difficult it has been to attract good, established coaches to the program. It hasn't happened.

Whatever cachet the program may have had in the past it is long gone.
You sir are full of it, why don't you just leave then. This team is going to get better and better and Pruitt is the right man for the job. If you don't like what you see quit spending time watching it. GBO!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UTNoFear and tbwhhs
Making me depressed and envious. By comparison we look like a high school team with no passion or ability

Man some of our players are still green behind the years, be patient. We aren't running the spread we're not running a gimmick it takes time to build a team like that we got this man

And yes that was emphatically 110% I shot over the bow to Florida and Kentucky

A&M looked impressive against a very good opponent. Be interesting to see if he gets above the moral victory in the conference this year.

UKs win while impressive considering the streak is on par with UK beating UT in recent years. Their program is better than Stoops first 2 or 3 years but it's still not good enough to contend with UGA for the east or Bama and AU for the conference.

Envious of Kensucky football? Lol!!! Florida is hot garbage and A&M normally starts good then fizzles out near mid season.

You do realize we've had zero balls on the ground in two games, and not even close to throwing an int. How many has Kensucky had??

On to game three Texas El Paso is a little better than ETSU so we'll be able to gauge if any improvement has been made over the week of practice. Their defense seems to be terrible and their offense fair. I think we'll be a 21 to 25 point favorite hoping the defense can do as well as ETSU and the offense roll up 500 yards.

So A&M pays literally twice as much a year and what they got for it is the same record as UT with our first time first year head coach. They beat a cupcake and got beat by a ranked team . . . Sounds familiar.
Needless to say I'm behind CJP, he will get us there. But not tomorrow.

So A&M pays literally twice as much a year and what they got for it is the same record as UT with our first time first year head coach. They beat a cupcake and got beat by a ranked team . . . Sounds familiar.
Needless to say I'm behind CJP, he will get us there. But not tomorrow.

I’m sorry, but if you can’t see the difference, I don’t know what to tell you. B

Reactions: Doberman

VN Store

Back