Vols Wednesday Practice: Florida week

Sometimes I don't understand this fan base. Peterson was at Gruden level hype until he got here and now he's an out of shape scrub without the attitude to play "big boy football" all because of 10 seconds of practice film.

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality.
I

If we had a grip on reality, we probably wouldn't be on this site night and day...lol. The hot shots that keep posting...for the past, say 1000 times...that they don't understand this fan base, as though they are somehow different or above this fan base, make me question their ability to understand anything. Fan base has been here a long time --no big changes here.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Peterson will not see much playing time if any this year so I am not sure what some of you expected to see. He isn't in game shape
probably in his best interest so he can tend his academics and be clear of any problems developing there. A lot on VN seemingly want to assume they know by suggesting the young man is at fault for being out of shape. He was injured late in his senior year in HS to his shoulder. He was rehabbing some while getting a class made up but the bottom line is simple ..... you can't do much upper-body conditioning with an injury.Ask J.Mayo,KMac, J-R Maybin, J Hurd, to name a few. These fellows missed almost an entire year at one point because of an upper body injury.

so, guess we'll be seeing nickel and dime packages...hard trying to guess how many int's we'll have...going for two...;)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably in his best interest so he can tend his academics and be clear of any problems developing there. A lot on VN seemingly want to assume they know by suggesting the young man is at fault for being out of shape. He was injured late in his senior year in HS to his shoulder. He was rehabbing some while getting a class made up but the bottom line is simple ..... you can't do much upper-body conditioning with an injury.Ask J.Mayo,KMac, J-R Maybin, J Hurd, to name a few. These fellows missed almost an entire year at one point because of an upper body injury.

He was injured at the Army AA Game if I recall correctly.

If anyone on here has ever had shoulder surgery, you are well are of the pain associated with it, but the physical therapy must be done, but at the facility and at home. 2008 I tore my rotator, popped the tendon out, had a cyst in my shoulder joint, and something that didn't show up on the MRI, also tore my bicep. Had my surgery at KOC, started pt two days after surgery, and went three times a week for four months, plus pt at home on days not at pt. About six weeks in, I went through a little battle of depression, because it didn't seem like I was making any progress. Long story short, it took about a year before my shoulder felt pretty well back to normal. I understand if JJ is having a little apprehension.

Sometimes I don't understand this fan base. Peterson was at Gruden level hype until he got here and now he's an out of shape scrub without the attitude to play "big boy football" all because of 10 seconds of practice film.

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality.

Sounds like the same group that expects a 6-6 season and then jumps ship once we lose the 1 st game and can’t go 12-0!

🍊🍊🍊☠️☠️☠️

Last edited:
I’m already nervous about dropped balls and over pursuit. Vol tic syndrome. Can’t fix it til Saturday. Requires dangerous levels of bourbon.

I’m already nervous about dropped balls and over pursuit. Vol tic syndrome. Can’t fix it til Saturday. Requires dangerous levels of bourbon.

We haven't dropped balls all year and we won't start this wekend. The guys are locked in, and know what this game means. They're got the Gators number and they knew it the last two years. They are even in a better position to get it done at home this year.

The OL is what is it.

If this is a for real coaching staff then no the OL will improve each game as they learn the scheme, coordination with each other, and improve their technique. If they are the same hot mess we have had for a decade then yes not only is the OL what it is but so is the entire team and let's get ready for 3-9 seasons for the duration.

I won’t be able to watch on tv, but I hope I have enough phone service to stream on my phone. Damn family events lol

My family and close friends know that I only ask for 12 days per year. There are 365 days in a year (I state that for any lurking bammers). So that leaves 353 days of the year to do any family events. But don’t schedule me for anything on my 12 Saturday’s in the fall, dammit.

My family and close friends know that I only ask for 12 days per year. There are 365 days in a year (I state that for any lurking bammers). So that leaves 353 days of the year to do any family events. But don’t schedule me for anything on my 12 Saturday’s in the fall, dammit.
I figured if my dad was missing his cardinals play (Louisville) the best I could do was do the same.... But I will be watching on my phone most of it lol

I figured if my dad was missing his cardinals play (Louisville) the best I could do was do the same.... But I will be watching on my phone most of it lol

Don’t compare the Louisville Cardinals to a Tennessee-Florida game. You are a Vol,fracking dammit, that still means something...so sack up and be in Neyland this Saturday and yell ur fracking lungs out for our beloved Vols!!!!

I'm intrigued that they're working Hall at LT. That's one spot where were solid. If anything we need to look at somebody at RT. Also intrigued with moving Harris to OG. I'm guessing that's a depth move in case we need bodies up front later in the year.

Reactions: Pacer92
If this is a for real coaching staff then no the OL will improve each game as they learn the scheme, coordination with each other, and improve their technique. If they are the same hot mess we have had for a decade then yes not only is the OL what it is but so is the entire team and let's get ready for 3-9 seasons for the duration.
That. And a discouragement of UTEP game was all the procedure penalties suddenly cropping up. Every one of those unforced errors is a potential drive killer.

Wish we could clone 5 Trey Smiths.....but in all honesty we should move Hall to RT and keep our left side how it is.

Reactions: butchna
Where are the crazy posts about how we're going to stomp the Gators into the ground?

We are going to stomp the gators into the ground. Franks will rescind his scholarship and change his major to English literature right after Paul Bain knocks him into next week on the first offensive play. They will have to be physically dragged out of the locker room for the second half. By the end of the game they will be calling their mama's crying for her to come and get them. Pruitt is a mad genius and all will be revealed. He will get a 5 year extension and a $1 million raise. Mullen will be fired on the tarmac and have to call an uber to get back to Gainesville. The uber driver will refuse the fare. Spurrier will turn down the job because he would have to play Pruitt next year.

There you go.

GO BIG ORANGE!

I'm intrigued that they're working Hall at LT. That's one spot where were solid. If anything we need to look at somebody at RT. Also intrigued with moving Harris to OG. I'm guessing that's a depth move in case we need bodies up front later in the year.
Pruitt said in Wednesday presser that Kingston was moved for depth. Losing Kennedy was big.

After all the years of which I no longer want to explain nor make excuse, go out there young men and give it your all. Remember what you represent. I trust you will. Forever a Volunteer.

We are going to stomp the gators into the ground. Franks will rescind his scholarship and change his major to English literature right after Paul Bain knocks him into next week on the first offensive play. They will have to be physically dragged out of the locker room for the second half. By the end of the game they will be calling their mama's crying for her to come and get them. Pruitt is a mad genius and all will be revealed. He will get a 5 year extension and a $1 million raise. Mullen will be fired on the tarmac and have to call an uber to get back to Gainesville. The uber driver will refuse the fare. Spurrier will turn down the job because he would have to play Pruitt next year.

There you go.

GO BIG ORANGE!

LOL. Bubba's bringing it!

I think they want to be able to move Trey inside. They want to be able to run the ball up the middle at will every play. The only way to do that is to put someone like Trey there.

You only need a serviceable left tackle to keep your quarterback clean, someone who can just get in front of and stay on a pass rusher.

Reactions: 44DivePlay
Might just be an optimist, but they do look improved to me compared to last year. At least this year they can make running lanes or a passing pocket half ish amount of the time. That is 40% better than last year.

Still not where they need to be, but trending up imo.

VN Store

Back