Vols Tuesday Practice: Florida Week

Does anyone know of some good sports radio stations or apps that can be downloaded out in East TN or Knoxville that focuses MAINLY on the Vols?

I’m at a loss with this middle Tennessee radio station. Swear they should rename themselves to the Vandy and Titans station. They used to do okay at covering the Vols, but not this year.

Please help. Thanks in advance

Knoxville has three sports radio stations. WNML, WKGN, WJBE
All primarily cover the Vols but with very different hosts, styles, perspectives.
Just google them and sample which you like better.

Last edited:
Not to call out a player who is playing hard, but surely to goodness we have somebody as good or better than Drew Richmond at RT. I'm sure the coaches know more than me, but I would give Jahmir Johnson a go at RT just to see what he can give you. He likely isn't going to be able to hold his own at guard in SEC play anyways, not until he puts on some more muscle.

Not to call out a player who is playing hard, but surely to goodness we have somebody as good or better than Drew Richmond at RT. I'm sure the coaches know more than me, but I would give Jahmir Johnson a go at RT just to see what he can give you. He likely isn't going to be able to hold his own at guard in SEC play anyways, not until he puts on some more muscle.

Agree and been thinking this myself...

He seems athletic but a bit undersized. I’d give him a shot on the edge...where he can use his skill set better...

Richmond hasn’t the athleticism or demeanor to be on an SEC OL...jmo..

Agree and been thinking this myself...

He seems athletic but a bit undersized. I’d give him a shot on the edge...where he can use his skill set better...

Richmond hasn’t the athleticism or demeanor to be on an SEC OL...jmo..

Heard someone on radio say that Richmond and Kongbo are the biggest disappointments this staff has but they aren’t sure how or if they can be replaced with the current roster.

Heard someone on radio say that Richmond and Kongbo are the biggest disappointments this staff has but they aren’t sure how or if they can be replaced with the current roster.

Discouraging considering they were two of the higher ranked commits we’ve signed...

We shall see Saturday just who the staff believes in...

Knoxville has three sports radio stations. WNML, WKGN, WJBE
All primarily cover the Vols but with very different hosts, styles, perspectives.
Just google them and sample which you like better.
I personally like WKGN. It's sports but with some comedy involved

Does anyone know of some good sports radio stations or apps that can be downloaded out in East TN or Knoxville that focuses MAINLY on the Vols?

I’m at a loss with this middle Tennessee radio station. Swear they should rename themselves to the Vandy and Titans station. They used to do okay at covering the Vols, but not this year.

"Locked On: Vols" w/ Josh Ward
Fox Sports Knoxville
Volquest Podcast
Vols Wire
Swain Event

All of these are on Soundcloud and other podcast apps

I personally like WKGN. It's sports but with some comedy involved

My take:
WNML is Vol Network. Very conservative approach as far as notrustling feathers of the UT hands that feed them. But, Avery professional sound.
WKGN is the Fox Sports station. Mostly college aged hosts. Not afraid to be anti UT if they feel it’s merited. Older listeners might find them silly at times.
WJBE is older hosts and the most opinionated. Most caller driven. Can get on tangents.

The question has already been answered by other members of the board, but just wanted to say I agree. The Wake Up Zone is particularly bad when Mark Howard is on the show. It turns into Preds, Preds, Preds, Titans when he's on.

The Swain Event is Jayson Swain, former Vols WR. He has a radio show/podcast that broadcasts every morning for 3 hours. You can catch the replay via Podcast on the SwainEvent App. He pretty much focuses on the Vols with a little bit of SEC and other sports topics sprinkled in. I listen to that for most of my Vols homer type radio.

Dari Nowkhah was on ESPNU radio today and he was talking about the SEC and he said the Tn and Fla game was once a marquee game and said this game could be the ugliest game of the day in the SEC. He might be right. But he did say he thought Tn would win it. I guess that was a consolation prize.

Dari Nowkhah was on ESPNU radio today and he was talking about the SEC and he said the Tn and Fla game was once a marquee game and said this game could be the ugliest game of the day in the SEC. He might be right. But he did say he thought Tn would win it. I guess that was a consolation prize.

Consolation prize?! Heck I’d take a 2-0 victory over the Gators lol

The question has already been answered by other members of the board, but just wanted to say I agree. The Wake Up Zone is particularly bad when Mark Howard is on the show. It turns into Preds, Preds, Preds, Titans when he's on.
I quit listening to that crap a few years ago. Don't miss it one bit.

As far as radio shows I like
Swain Event- former VOL WR Jason Swain
Eric Ainge show- on the sports animal which has a lot of other podcast to listen to
And of course
Tony Basilio he’s been doing his show since the early 90’s

Agreed. 2 5* busts that shouldnt be playing. But the depth on both lines is bad. I mean Ithink most thought Harris was gonna be on the DL. Ow we hear him working on the OL. This is just more proof of what little Pruittis actually working with.

I'm in Morocco this week, but will be keeping track online as best I can! GBO!!!!

VN Store

Back