Vols Tuesday Practice: Florida Week

Fingers

For the defensive line, the work looked to be much more specific working on various gap responsibilities against Florida's run game. Some more extensive work the the second unit that included Paul Bain, Matthew Butler and Emmit Gooden as well.

Riley Locklear—who finished the game playing well last week at left guard—got work at both guard spots today. Chance Hall, who almost exclusively has worked at guard, got some reps at left tackle today. Hall did not play a snap last week. Trey Smith was working solely at left tackle

Interestingly at tight end, and this may have been going on for awhile but was just now noticed, Ja’Quain Blakely worked off to the side working on the blocking dummy for a couple of periods aside from the other tight ends, maybe suggesting that he’s going to be moving into more of a full time fullback role.

Tennessee's receivers continue to catch the ball well in the parts of practice we get to watch. Jauan Jennings seems to be not only getting his legs back but also getting his confidence back.
-Brent Hubbs

Freshman defensive lineman Kingston Harris appeared to be working with the offensive line on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3, 316-pounder, who wears No. 54, was working primarily at right guard during position drills with the offensive line.

Every player worked at their usual positions, though Riley Locklear appeared to get more work than usual at center and Chance Hall, who didn't play against UTEP, continued to work primarily at left tackle. Jerome Carvin and Drew Richmond worked alongside each other at right guard and right tackle, with Ryan Johnson at center and Jahmir Johnson and Trey Smith at left guard and left tackle.

Quart'e Sapp, who was held out of the UTEP game with a bone bruise, appeared to go through drills normally without any limitation.

Tuesday's open period included routes-on-air with the quarterbacks throwing to the wide receivers, and the Vols appeared to be pretty crisp during that period. There didn't appear to be too many footballs hitting the ground as Tennessee worked primarily on its short-to-intermediate passing game.
-Patrick Brown

Last edited:
giphy.gif

“JJ fixing to get his confidence back”

Watch out SEC!

Reactions: TAF
Thanks Fingers..............again. At least we'll find out what CJP and his kids have been working on the past two weeks. He was sandbagging against UTEP to be extra prepared for this one. 'Wish I could drive up Saturday. As some of you already know, every single game I've attended, versus floorduh, we've won...dating back to the 60',s and including in the swamp. Health won't allow it this time around, so cheer extra loud for this old Vol. OK?

I get that they are still looking for the best O-line lineup but I keep hearing that they need the starting 5 to play together so they can perfect communication and how to play with together. Yet again we have players moving around which seems counter productive to what we are told they need to build on.
I keep waiting for them to plug Hall in at right tackle. I think everyone has seen enough of Richmond to know he is just not able to be effective at either tackle position. Richmond only seems to be able to block us from scoring with his penalties happening at crucial times. Hall's nasty streak seems like it would come in handy on the outside.

Hope Kirkland is full speed. He was dinged up on a play where it appeared he just simply fell down in pursuit.

The Blakeley note has me hype. Their fixing to dial up some sort of “Bluetick” goal line package and call some designed FB runs on UF. Going to be so lit.

The continuous shuffling of the o-line is a little disconcerting for me too. Especially since they aren’t trying someone at Richmond’s spot. He’s either completely turned it around in practice this week or there isn’t another viable option.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Both reports show the same starting 5 OL getting work. The others are bouncing around getting reps because they’re the next best options across the board. Not sure how that’s any different than previous weeks.

Reactions: volmoon
Does anyone know of some good sports radio stations or apps that can be downloaded out in East TN or Knoxville that focuses MAINLY on the Vols?

I’m at a loss with this middle Tennessee radio station. Swear they should rename themselves to the Vandy and Titans station. They used to do okay at covering the Vols, but not this year.

Please help. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know of some good sports radio stations or apps that can be downloaded out in East TN or Knoxville that focuses MAINLY on the Vols?

I’m at a loss with this middle Tennessee radio station. Swear they should rename themselves to the Vandy and Titans station. They used to do okay at covering the Vols, but not this year.

Please help. Thanks in advance
I heart radio. WNML out of Knoxville

VN Store

Back