Vols land 4-star center D.J. Burns

Gonna be a hell of a replacement for Grant when he leaves

Yea Burns is a true reclass up, was never in the 2018 class, just graduated a year early....most reclasses you see are guys going back into their original class, so yea Burns is a true 17 year old which makes the redshirt even more likely.

Will make a great redshirt / safety net with us losing Grant after this season

A lefty with finesse and power. Shows good touch around the rim and has decent range on his jumper for a big man. Seems to be one-dimensional in his dexterity, though. Would like to see what he becomes offensively when he develops his off-hand.

My man!! And get guys to bite off the mid range jump shot for a 1 or 2 dribble dunk.

But IÂ’ll need to see the effort in all aspects of his game to believe heÂ’s made from Grant Williams clothe.

You didnÂ’t say anything about that second part, I just read it earlier in the thread.

Wait! I thought Barnes couldnÂ’t recruit.

3 seasons and still has failed to land a top 100 player. No one has said he couldn't coach and develop players but his recruiting up to now has definitely been suspect. Very solid get here though! BOOM!!!!

Last edited:
3 seasons and still has failed to land a top 100 player. No one has said he couldn't coach and develop players but his recruiting up to now had definitely been suspect.

Glad to have this guy. But, yes, those #s are pretty suspect. Then again, are we dealing with ratings from a recruiting $ervice or ratings based on our staff's system. Our guys sure are playing pretty well.

Reactions: 1 person
3 seasons and still has failed to land a top 100 player. No one has said he couldn't coach and develop players but his recruiting up to now has definitely been suspect. Very solid get here though! BOOM!!!!

This is kind of dumb.

He has a preseason top 10 team, it appears his recruiting has been spot on.

Reactions: 9 people
This is kind of dumb.

He has a preseason top 10 team, it appears his recruiting has been spot on.

ItÂ’s really hysterical. We were a 3 seed in the dance last year and a top 10 pre season team this year but still have fans star gazing. ItÂ’s nit picking to back up previous nit picking.

Reactions: 4 people
ItÂ’s really hysterical. We were a 3 seed in the dance last year and a top 10 pre season team this year but still have fans star gazing. ItÂ’s nit picking to back up previous nit picking.

If they didn't nit pick, they wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Burns is the best recruiting job in the Rick Barnes era at UT. If he can land Trey Mann that will be the best recruiting job.

Now whether or not those guys pan out or whatever remains to be seen but as far as winning recruiting battles that's my opinion. Pons was a good get but we didn't have a lot of competition for him and he wanted a low key recruitment.

Burns is the best recruiting job in the Rick Barnes era at UT. If he can land Trey Mann that will be the best recruiting job.

Now whether or not those guys pan out or whatever remains to be seen but as far as winning recruiting battles that's my opinion. Pons was a good get but we didn't have a lot of competition for him and he wanted a low key recruitment.

Would agree we beat out more competition for Burns than Pons, but Burns was also in favor of a low key recruitment.

VN Store

Back