Vols land 4-star center D.J. Burns

Would agree we beat out more competition for Burns than Pons, but Burns was also in favor of a low key recruitment.

Yeah but Pons recruitment from start to finish was a few months and very limited access to him.

Burns has been recruited for a long time and had to battle for him.

Also I think we would have landed him had he not reclassified so that really wasn't a factor in us landing him.

Just overall I think it was a better recruiting feather in the cap for RB and staff.

Yeah but Pons recruitment from start to finish was a few months and very limited access to him.

Burns has been recruited for a long time and had to battle for him.

Also I think we would have landed him had he not reclassified so that really wasn't a factor in us landing him.

Just overall I think it was a better recruiting feather in the cap for RB and staff.
I would agree, now go get Mann and a Walker!

Reactions: 1 person
The staff is really excited about him. They really like his game and see similarities in him and Grant. He is roughly 25+ lbs overweight, but both Grant and Admiral changed their body in he S&C program and they feel it'll likely be the same for DJ too. With the log jame down low, he really is a closer candidate to RS'ing than playing unless he just dominates over the summer.

Yea he definitely needs to develop physically even though he has nice weight. With some college s&c he will be a force. Look at Omari Spellman. Hopefully we can get a similar outcome.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Burns gives UT half of what Spellman gave Villanova as a red shirt freshman or sophomore

VN Store

Back