Vols are underdogs in every remaining SEC game, per ESPN FPI

didn't mean to put Vandy in there.

No worries. You're "stuck down in Georgia." That's a line from a song I wrote in the 70s, a big blues band number, horn section and everything - Laurel Avenue Blues. :cool:

Here's the problem ESPN is so stupid, they must not pay attention to Bama and how many points they score on everyone!! I really like our chances in the rest of our games to be honest

Reactions: stephp4ut
It's the Quest for Six. If we could win three of the remaining five, it would be way above expectations and a fantastic accomplishment.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Over or underdog doesn't matter as much as the margin. Margin vs Vandy is pretty meaningless, not so much for the other 3.

Still has us near 50% to make a bowl if you run the numbers. I'll take that.

Exactly! Tell Purdue about their FPI chance against Ohio State.

? Any chance to is still a chance to win. Don't get why people respond as such when a longshot happens. They still have to happen.

I posted this in another thread.......

For me I see the following rating the teams from best to worse;

1) Missouri (little chance to win this one)
2) Kentucky (can win with a really good game..but run defense must show up)
3) USCe ( can win depending on the breaks/turnovers in the game )
4) Vandy ( we can win if we play a solid game )
5) Charlotte ( will win unless we really play BAD )

Agree. We have to come out chucking it vs Mizzou. We simply have to outscore them.

? Any chance to is still a chance to win. Don't get why people respond as such when a longshot happens. They still have to happen.
My point is that it CAN happen. I used Purdue as the example to why, even though we are underdogs for the remaining SEC games per the FPI, we can win them.

I believe we will be competitive. Obviously its just an opinion, but I also believe we should.

I believe we need to win all 5 for me to feel really good about Pruitt and our future. Sure, just making it to a bowl will be good enough, but I need better than good enough to really feel good about it. I don't think its too much to ask either.
I am not expecting to win out, but we need to close with 6 wins to show progress.

Reactions: Weezer and VOL_Lyfe
UK strength is rushing defense and rushing offense. We make our money on passing game and we can stack the box and make Wilson beat us with his arm.

BTW, UK had 18 yards passing against Vandy yesterday on 3 of 8 passing.
KY isn’t a good passing team but part of the reason is because the wind was super strong in that game. Not good when you don’t have an accurate passer with a tight spiral and strong arm. KY is better in the trenches than we are so we will have to play well against them. I do like when we catch them though as they go to MO, then play UGA, and then play us.

I am not expecting to win out, but we need to close with 6 wins to show progress.
I don't really know what to expect. What my post meant is, its like a meter that goes from 0 to 20, 0 being I have no confidence that Pruitt is "The One" and 20 being I'm 100% confident he is. Obviously 10 is just not sure.

If we win 6 I'll be at like 11, obviously depending on how we play in all games, but just speaking W/L. And 11 is good.

But if we were to win out, I'm looking at 17 or 18, again, depending on how we perform. And that's where I would really like to be.

So, if you had your choice to win 4 of the remaining games and win the bowl, or win all 5 and lose the bowl. Which scenario do you think gives you more confidence in Pruitt and the direction he's got us going?

Back to reality for Vol fans, can they win another SEC game, doesn’t look promising, does it?

This team will be hard pressed to get to 6 wins on the year:
-- Still fielding the worst offensive line in UT history
-- Still have a QB who struggles to read defenses and properly call blocking assignments
-- Still getting subpar performances out of every linebacker except Bituli
-- Still has a talented safety who struggles to be where he is supposed to be
-- Still don't have a shutdow corner
-- Still unable to generate any push out of DTs and get any pressure on QBs from DE

The Vols have a chance against any team left on the schedule but should not be favored. SC is stronger, Mizzou has a passing attack that will put up a lot of points, UK is much stronger on both sides of the ball, and Vandy plays harder and is a smarter team (Vols should win that one, tho just on talent).

The coaching staff has improved this group but when a team is this weak on the LOS on both sides of the ball, it is difficult to mask those deficiencies every week. Vols will need big plays from WRs, no turnovers from offense, turnovers caused by defense and an advantage in special teams to win any of the remaining SEC games.

Just get to a bowl and recruit like heck!

-- Still have a QB who struggles to read defenses and properly call blocking assignments
-- Still unable to generate any push out of DTs and get any pressure on QBs from DE

The Vols have a chance against any team left on the schedule but should not be favored. SC is stronger, Mizzou has a passing attack that will put up a lot of points, UK is much stronger on both sides of the ball, and Vandy plays harder and is a smarter team (Vols should win that one, tho just on talent).

The coaching staff has improved this group but when a team is this weak on the LOS on both sides of the ball, it is difficult to mask those deficiencies every week. Vols will need big plays from WRs, no turnovers from offense, turnovers caused by defense and an advantage in special teams to win any of the remaining SEC games.

The line has gotten better.

Gaurantano has gotten better.

WR's are playing better.
RB's need to step up. TE is what it is.

It was Alabama.

Reactions: Probably_in_Class

At this point, Vanderbilt is a better football team, just like last year.
Can Tennessee beat Vandy this year, possibly, but I would not bet on it just yet

You all sure are awfully scared of a fairly unimpressive Mizzou. I wouldn't bet on any team with coaching by Dooley.
And also Vandy and UK. I get it, I suppose, but Vandy was a play or two away from losing to TSU and took UK to the wire. UK is probably the most one dimensional team in major CFB and is coming off a tough stretch.

VN Store

Back