Vollyball Ladies upset TA&M in five sets at A&M

StrangeVol

For the first time in the last nine matches the Lady Vols defeated the Lady Aggies 3 - 2 at College Station. A VERY hard fought battle which was great fun to watch! Tessa Grubs returned to action in style , for the first time in over 3 weeks, racking up 19 kills and defending effectively at the net. Lots of good play from Erica Trieber who had her share of kills and blocks. Everybody contributed for the win that moved the Lady Vols into 4th place by themselves.

A VERY good win on the road!

Next up is LSU in Baton Rouge Sunday at 2:00 on SEC Network+

Last edited:
Thrilling!

When we gave up that 4th set, I feared the momentum would be too difficult to regain and survive the last set. Great poise. Texas native Callie Williams was pumped down the stretch. Rowe had a productive game in addition to the players mentioned already.

And how about those timely aces at the end of the 3rd set by Treiber. Three of the final four points were her aces.

Now, hopefully we can take down LSU and Bannister on Sunday.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Thrilling!

When we gave up that 4th set, I feared the momentum would be too difficult to regain and survive the last set. Great poise. Texas native Callie Williams was pumped down the stretch. Rowe had a productive game in addition to the players mentioned already.

And how about those timely aces at the end of the 3rd set by Treiber. Three of the final four points were her aces.

Now, hopefully we can take down LSU and Bannister on Sunday.

Thanks for pointing out several of my omissions, not the least of which was what a solid match Addisyn Rowe had. Really solid in the middle with 12 kills and 5 blocks, a pretty decent night's work. Also, I want to point out one of our unsung heroes that just shows up and does her job night in and night out. I'm talking about Sedona Hansen who racked up 27 assists to go along with 12 digs and an ace. Treiber's serving probably won us the match. Really great to see her hard work on service pay off like that, We'll miss her next year for multiple reasons.

I also want to point out what a great job Coach Rackham has done so far this season. She really has got the girls playing a winning brand of volleyball with no drama. She is a very steady hand and I think her calm nature and calm demeanor is what enabled our team to remained poised after losing the 4th set and push through for the win. Impressive. I'm also impressed with her doing what she's done while very pregnant.

The one thing I'm going to gripe about is this: Please, please, please, fall out of love with the cut or drop shot. Other teams are aware we like to use it and are looking for it. When we tried it last night the A&M girls fed it back to us via a spike down our throats. We need to do a lot less of that.

Oh did you think the challenges were just a bit one sided? I sure did, particularly the last two. I was glad to see CER get a yellow for protesting strongly. Good for her.

I think we got LSU. Although, in Red Stick, anything can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Putbacks
Thanks for pointing out several of my omissions, not the least of which was what a solid match Addisyn Rowe had. Really solid in the middle with 12 kills and 5 blocks, a pretty decent night's work. Also, I want to point out one of our unsung heroes that just shows up and does her job night in and night out. I'm talking about Sedona Hansen who racked up 27 assists to go along with 12 digs and an ace. Treiber's serving probably won us the match. Really great to see her hard work on service pay off like that, We'll miss her next year for multiple reasons.

I also want to point out what a great job Coach Rackham has done so far this season. She really has got the girls playing a winning brand of volleyball with no drama. She is a very steady hand and I think her calm nature and calm demeanor is what enabled our team to remained poised after losing the 4th set and push through for the win. Impressive. I'm also impressed with her doing what she's done while very pregnant.

The one thing I'm going to gripe about is this: Please, please, please, fall out of love with the cut or drop shot. Other teams are aware we like to use it and are looking for it. When we tried it last night the A&M girls fed it back to us via a spike down our throats. We need to do a lot less of that.

Oh did you think the challenges were just a bit one sided? I sure did, particularly the last two. I was glad to see CER get a yellow for protesting strongly. Good for her.

I think we got LSU. Although, in Red Stick, anything can happen.
I have thought the same about the drop shots. We always pay for them afterwards. We got jammed up on everyone of the challenges both theirs and ours. CER is sometimes too calm for me but she has done an amazing job with these ladies. We should have closed out TAM in three but we kind of let off the gas a little bit but all five sets were competitive. Getting Grubbs back was a blessing and Rowe is most always a kill waiting to happen. Great freshmen play has proved to be a welcome addition to the team. Callie could not wait to get back to Texas and it showed, As always JMHO!

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back