Vol fan in Central Arkansas

I’ve spent many a happy afternoon throwing discs at Burns park in North Little Rock. Best disc golf course I’ve ever played. And the lakes around Hot Springs are awesome. That being said the drive from Memphis to LR is torture. How many decades does it take to fix the interstate outside of West Memphis?!?!?

The disc park there is pretty cool and I am with you...I cant remember a time they weren’t repairing that stretch of 40...I could have built it brick by brick by now...not to bring back a painful quote but seriously...

Cabot checking in. Father-in-law is a former running back for the hogs back in 91 92 so I keep up with both teams but never claimed to be an Arkansas fan.

Reactions: terrimahan
I’ve spent many a happy afternoon throwing discs at Burns park in North Little Rock. Best disc golf course I’ve ever played. And the lakes around Hot Springs are awesome. That being said the drive from Memphis to LR is torture. How many decades does it take to fix the interstate outside of West Memphis?!?!?
I road with a friend from Murfreesboro to Tulsa back around 2009-2010. That stretch is pretty bad...

Cabot checking in. Father-in-law is a former running back for the hogs back in 91 92 so I keep up with both teams but never claimed to be an Arkansas fan.

Cabot is a nice area. My son plays 11 year old travel baseball here in Little Rock and the youth baseball talent in Cabot is really good for a town that size

I went to school in Little Rock, and the best thing that came out of a horrible first marriage is still there. My 15yo is a freshman at Catholic. We don’t see each other as much as we’d like, but we make a point to get to one game a year (Florida two years show was a highlight). If you get something going, I’ll definitly make the trek from Nashville to LR to watch a game with fellow Vols fans and my favorite Rocket. My boy gets a lot of flack from his friends for his blood running Orange in a sea of Hogs, but he knows what’s up. I can’t wait for his dedication to the Vols to be paid back by Pruitt and the boys over the next few years!!
hell ill go we can do caravan. Road Trip

I was born in Tennessee, moved to Texas when I was four and have lived in Arkansas since oct of 2011. I live in North Little Rock now. Play tournament softball with a few VAWLs fans as well. Have quite a few friends in Conway. I used to play in the flag football league up there off skyline.

I was born in Tennessee, moved to Texas when I was four and have lived in Arkansas since oct of 2011. I live in North Little Rock now. Play tournament softball with a few VAWLs fans as well. Have quite a few friends in Conway. I used to play in the flag football league up there off skyline.

Hey @txVOL4 , you mentioned playing softball in Central Arkansas, does the last name Ussery sound familiar?

Considering there might be a little interest I think I will start a facebook group unless someone has a better idea and when I find some place then will post there. Maybe others will find it and then others here that have friends can check it out. We will be in Texas this weekend then maybe try to pull something together for the next game. Not sure what game we are going to this year. My son and his wife are having their first little one so he didnt renew his season tickets and will miss the games this year but will be watching them for sure.

Thanks for the input.

Hey @txVOL4 , you mentioned playing softball in Central Arkansas, does the last name Ussery sound familiar?

Very small world! played softball a million years ago. Entire family lives in Conway and the kids have their entire lives (34 and 30) so we love Conway and softball.

@vol_in_ar you are noticeably missing in this thread. I know you're in NWArky, but thought you may enjoy this thread.

VN Store

Back