Very good learning experience for whole team

We lost by 9 to a top ten team who played a great game and shot the ball extremely well, on the first cold-shooting night of the season (and every team has those nights.) Not much to worry about. Did anyone here think we were going to run the table, Hoosiers style?

Well, if the loss does anything maybe it will wake them up about their pitiful and lazy defense. Surely, some of the players knew they were being too easy on D, but if they did not hopefully they learned tonight.

We played our sloppiest game of the season tonight IMO. We had what, 21 turnovers? I honestly think we shot ourselves in the foot more than anything. If you take two or three stupid mistakes away, i think it is a different ball game.

With that said, congrats to Gonzaga for the win. I think they are a top 5 team and will be a tough out come tourney time. Seem to have a ton of offensive weapons and can definitely shoot the ball. Can't wait to compare the teams against each other again come January 7th.

I think the loss will make us better. I predict nobody will ever score a easy layup on us after a maid foul shot. That was terrible. I am glad to see Scotty pick his offense up a little. The zags has a very good team.

Gonzaga shot lights out last night, especially from 3. We shot horribly from all over the floor. I can't count how many chip shots we missed.

How many more shots did we take? How many more rebounds did we have?

Agreed. The defensive effort and concentration are my concerns, not personnel.

I didn't like how many good looks we overlooked. The dribble penetration set up the kick out for a wide open three but our guys didn't see it or didn't look for it. Concentration under the basket was lacking as well.

Pearl better light a fire under their arses quickly and make team defense a priority.

Gonzaga shot lights out last night, especially from 3. We shot horribly from all over the floor. I can't count how many chip shots we missed.

How many more shots did we take? How many more rebounds did we have?

Too many of those shots were rushed and ill advised at best. I attribute many of those to young guys trying to force something when it wasn't needed. All that should good better as these players get to know and trust one another.

Example: Losing to Ole Miss changed Florida's season...
nobody's arguing that a wakeup call can't happen. 5 games into a 35 game season doesn't seem to be the place. UF had to have the wakeup call early because any other losses means end of all goals.

Too many of those shots were rushed and ill advised at best. I attribute many of those to young guys trying to force something when it wasn't needed. All that should good better as these players get to know and trust one another.

there were several ill-advised shots, yes, but I'm referring to lay-ups and power shots and put-backs from 2 feet out. it felt like there was a lid on the basket.

nobody's arguing that a wakeup call can't happen. 5 games into a 35 game season doesn't seem to be the place. UF had to have the wakeup call early because any other losses means end of all goals.

Sometimes a loss is just a loss, especially in basketball.

CBP will build huge on this. He will run the tape over and over in their minds and pound into them the easy missed baskets and transition defense.
I look for much better execution next time out and feel for the next team as I fully expect the guys to take out what he does to them in practice on someone.

Anyone that thinks they will not learn a ton from this loss knows nothing about basketball or motivation.

CBP is an awesome motivator and will use this game all year.

I think the loss will make us better. I predict nobody will ever score a easy layup on us after a maid foul shot. That was terrible. I am glad to see Scotty pick his offense up a little. The zags has a very good team.

Maids aren't allowed to play , just the butler and pool boys

J/J:)

VN Store

Back