Venzell Boulware and Jauan Jennings

Put him back on the team and if he messes up again he's gone. Can't judge these kids on what happened with that little psycho rooster running around. I mean damn, he told the truth.

u know what im trying to say new coach come in now he wants to be on board. something got to be wrong with Jennings for him to flip out like that. why flip out when u know a new coach was coming anyway. why go crazy because u couldn't play the last game..

straight up mental issues. In need of therapy,rehab,etc... He goes thru that may be in shape to return.

This ain't a ****in democracy. That's Butch bull crap. It's Pruitt's call, period, end of story. Aint no damn voting anymore.

Exactly. Butch's biggest mistake was letting the lunatics run the asylum. You don't let players help you choose your staff. You don't fire a coach off a players vote. That is like letting your kids play with power tools. It won't end well.

My thoughts exactly. I'd venture to say Saben doesn't handle discipline issues by vote lol

He definitely doesn't but he also will give players 4th, 5th and 6th chances and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. Have seen too many fans on here think they should have some say in how these situations get handled and under the impression they should be included in every and all decisions. I'm sure JP will eventually start a weekly decision making club where those fans get to have final say and vote on every decision before it's made. I'm sure Pruitt has been briefed on that and made very clear to him nothing gets decided without a few Volnation posters having final say on how players are dealt with. I'm sure he has been made aware that those same ones will be making all final decisions and that his decisions must first be cleared by them first.

Exactly. Butch's biggest mistake was letting the lunatics run the asylum. You don't let players help you choose your staff. You don't fire a coach off a players vote. That is like letting your kids play with power tools. It won't end well.

I would bet anything that players were not running around like lunatics or deciding who would be hired or fired. Butch wasn't hiring or firing anyone unless it was strictly his decision. He's too much of a control freak to leave those decisions up to anyone but himself. Hell if there was going to be a firing based off players vote it would have been them running Butch out before Currie could fire him.Butch was the one who created the hostile environment and apparently it wasn't just limited to players or coaching staff.

Having standards of behavior for players is not a holier than thou stance.

From what's come out about Butch and his attitude and behavior it's no wonder there was so much animosity and no respect from the players towards him. That starts with the HC setting an example and with how he treated and talked to some of his players, some other employee's of TN and longtime VFL's. There's absolutely no wonder the players quit playing for him. I'm really surprised somebody didn't just lay his a$$ out at some point. If I had been Antoine Davis I would have had an off campus man to man conversation that wouldn't have gone in his favor. That would have been handled among 2 adults and without anyone else getting involved. He would have gotten the message and would have only had to have that off campus meeting one time.

What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

I hope Fulmer doesn't micromanage Pruit and get too involved or this whole thing will not end well. Fulmer made the hire, now it's time to let the man work.

If he was such a TEAM player he would have been standing on the sidelines on Sat encouraging his teammates. Maybe even been at practice helping some younger guys. I think the only part of team that he gets is the M an E

Reactions: 3 people
I am sure CPF knows exactly where JJ was and what he was doing during this season, I'm all for giving JJ another chance but I don't think he will get one.

No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

To compare JJ to Wagington is completely silly.

Jennings is a competitor and what came out on the ill advised social media rant is a peek behind the curtain for those who don't understand competitiveness and frustrations of a competitor.

If I was Pruitt a call to JJ would have been high in my priority list. The prick Hoke had zero business kicking him off the team. Suspending hi for the game would have been a suitable punishment.

with JJ it is probably stuff we will never hear about,wasn't there other problems beside his rant ?

We dont need players who think they are entitled.To bring Jennings back will send the wrong message to teammates and recruits. We are starting over so lets start out on the right foot.

VN Store

Back