Venzell Boulware and Jauan Jennings

No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

Really? Jennings did no Hung but speak the truth. Someone’s shouldn’t be punished for that. Fulmer should reinstate him ASAP.

I say it has to be a conditional return. Something like this.

We will let you play and get you to the NFL early round draft pick if....

You publicly apologize to the team and University for putting yourself in position to get dismissed

You stop smoking weed until you get to the NFL

You don’t cause any drama in the locker room

You come to every practice and game, regardless of injury (unless unable)

Failure to meet any of these results in immediate suspension or dismissal

BUT he has too big a head to do any of the above.

SO most likely gone for good.

Reactions: 1 person
No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

butch jones/Fulmer...you do the math..none of these kids act the same under Fulmerno way?...just stoooopid on your part.

Jennings needs to come back. So what, he called out the coaching. We have called out the whole damn University and threatened to turn our backs. Like with Herd, no one really knows what was going on. People are always quick to call vocal players, toxic. Jennings is worth 2-3 wins and is the only player on the whole squad who plays like he has a pair

No way in hell Jennings was cut loose for ONLY calling out the coaches. I’m sure many others called out the coaching this season and weren’t booted. Jennings obviously had other issues. He can get on down the road. Some people are acting like he has put out heisman numbers. We will be just fine without him.

A young player expressed his emotions with some four letter words?

Oh lord, say it ain't so.

Half of this board were feeling the same way as him and expressed themselves a bit less colorfully. Get off your moral high horses and let's hope one of our better players and more importantly one of our leaders can get back on the team.

I'm sure some of you will question his leadership after his "thug-like rant," but that's just ridiculous. Only one showing heart in this ridiculously lackluster season.

As for him sitting in the stands? I doubt many of us would have wanted to sit around Butch on the sidelines, either.

A young player expressed his emotions with some four letter words?

Oh lord, say it ain't so.

Half of this board were feeling the same way as him and expressed themselves a bit less colorfully. Get off your moral high horses and let's hope one of our better players and more importantly one of our leaders can get back on the team.

I'm sure some of you will question his leadership after his "thug-like rant," but that's just ridiculous. Only one showing heart in this ridiculously lackluster season.

As for him sitting in the stands? I doubt many of us would have wanted to sit around Butch on the sidelines, either.

ITs not about butch. It’s about your teammates. I’d be willing to bet his team isn’t crying to get him back like some here are. He obviously had other issues off of the field.

Anyone have an update on Venzell Boulware? Getting him back in the fold would be huge imo. Has he applied to transfer anywhere? Is he still enrolled at the university?

No way in hell Jennings was cut loose for ONLY calling out the coaches. I’m sure many others called out the coaching this season and weren’t booted. Jennings obviously had other issues. He can get on down the road. Some people are acting like he has put out heisman numbers. We will be just fine without him.

Yeah, our receivers were great this year. Couldn't catch a cold. Everyone said the same about Herd, then we find out Butch was abusive, liar, played guys with concussions and all kinds of other crap. Herd was not the only one to leave this hell jolt. Maybe Jennings wouldn't stand for it. Maybe that's why Butch allowed his so called cancer to live on. Y'all act like your perfect and never made mistakes. You have to remember these are young men who need molding still, regardless of what's going on

Reactions: 2 people
hell naw to Jennings.. why would anyone want him on the team when he didn't support his teammates when everything was bad and they was losing and being the laughing stock. now hot coach come into town now he want to all of a sudden show up and play yea right. develop these other wr's . Brandon and Callaway will be fine

Reactions: 2 people
hell naw to Jennings.. why would anyone want him on the team when he didn't support his teammates when everything was bad and they was losing and being the laughing stock. now hot coach come into town now he want to all of a sudden show up and play yea right. develop these other wr's . Brandon and Callaway will be fine

'hot coach'?

'hot coach'?

u know what im trying to say new coach come in now he wants to be on board. something got to be wrong with Jennings for him to flip out like that. why flip out when u know a new coach was coming anyway. why go crazy because u couldn't play the last game..

What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

It all depends on if the players meet PrUTit s. Standards. If he is looking for his O linemen to be a certain height and weight then he may reinstate him. Just noticed that a couple of recruits did not meet his standards to be at db on his defense so he cut them loose

u know what im trying to say new coach come in now he wants to be on board. something got to be wrong with Jennings for him to flip out like that. why flip out when u know a new coach was coming anyway. why go crazy because u couldn't play the last game..

Jennings wanted to go NFL but due to injury this season was a waste to him. He was likely trying to get on the field during last game of season to prove to NFL scouts that he recovered from injury. Staff promised him that he would play then they told him NO. To him, he believes it will affect his draft status
Should get academics straight then apply for medical red shirt year and work hard to make this season a good one
Do not want to leave too early and end up like North did

JJ deserves another chance. Sure he did some things we all agree were immature. Imagine that coming from a frustrated 19 year old who is very passionate, ultra competitive and loves Tennessee Football as much as anyone on here.

Some people are quick to judge and call this kid a "cancer" to this team. I would argue that with some competent coaching and leadership he is and will continue to be the best player and leader we have on offense. None of us know the whole story. What we do know is that as a true freshman converted quarterback, he was a major contributor and leader of our offense. A offense that obviously desperately needs a leader and.big time playmaker!! The new staff should have the authority to judge the situation based on facts not speculation and make a decision based on those facts. If he's eligible, willing to work hard and be a good teammate, and willing to earn his way back then I say let the kid play but like everyone else, I don't know all the facts.

Boulware is a different case where once again no one knows the facts. What we do know is that the kids wanted the chance to contribute but for some odd reason never saw the field. Given our situation at o-line I would think the new staff would apply the full court press to reinstate him asap. Once again we don't know all the facts but we do know that we need capable bodies at guard so I for one hope we are able to get him back.

Jennings needs to come back. So what, he called out the coaching. We have called out the whole damn University and threatened to turn our backs. Like with Herd, no one really knows what was going on. People are always quick to call vocal players, toxic. Jennings is worth 2-3 wins and is the only player on the whole squad who plays like he has a pair

Do you believe this was the first and only time Jennings caused problems?

Dude has been a problem since before he set foot on campus. He deserves to be off the team, but I'm not against a last chance if he will grow up and humble himself real fast.

Anyone have an update on Venzell Boulware? Getting him back in the fold would be huge imo. Has he applied to transfer anywhere? Is he still enrolled at the university?

I'd like to know too
He had already redshirted, so transferring would be a horrible idea.

I think the team needs to vote on JJ. If they feel comfortable letting him back on the team then I see no reason not to let him.

I think the team needs to vote on JJ. If they feel comfortable letting him back on the team then I see no reason not to let him.

Agreed. And from what I am hearing I hate to say it but I don't believe that this would go in JJ's favor.

VN Store

Back