Vacation / Travel

Really? Isn't it still like a 6 hour flight and if you factor in security, travel to/from airport, etc. it would take more like 8 hours each way?

5 hour flight, direct. Very easy for a 4 day weekend. Usually would take an 8 day trip, but if we didn't have the time this worked.

Kauai is my favorite with the Big Island a close second. Living on the West Coast we would do long weekends to Kauai because is was so easy.
I saw Kauai 14 years ago. This time I wanted to try some different Islands but Kauai was beautiful also. As a geologist, I had to fly over the volcano this time.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Orangedogsrule, should you be interested and able to carve out a little time for the Sawtooth Mountains, this webpage (Upper Salmon River, Idaho: Autumn - Roc Doc Travel) gives you a really nice sample of images that illustrate what the area looks like during the time of year you will be visiting the Northern Rockies.

Hey Rex...do you live in that area? You seem to be very familiar with it.
I spent most all of last year living/working in Idaho Falls.
You are absolutely correct about Driggs, Victor, Tetons area. That is some of the most beautiful area I have seen as well as many others.

Reactions: Volosaurus rex
Hey Rex...do you live in that area? You seem to be very familiar with it.
I spent most all of last year living/working in Idaho Falls.
You are absolutely correct about Driggs, Victor, Tetons area. That is some of the most beautiful area I have seen as well as many others.

Nope, but I will be moving to Montana in October. I've only been to the Sawtooths a couple of times, but plan on visiting there more regularly. And, yes, the backside of the Tetons is absolutely gorgeous in the fall, actually more so, in terms of aspen display, than the park itself.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Saw my 1st ice Berg today. Arund 6:30 a.m. at East entrance to Prince Christian Sound in Greenland. Picture attached. We had 90 mph winds and had to turn around. Will try to enter from the West later today.
It was raining, foggy, windy at shortly after Dawn. The ice Berg is near the center of the picture at around 11 o'clock.
I forgot to take my camera so picture was taken with a tablet.

Attachments

• 20180905_034617.jpg
    20180905_034617.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 15
Saw my 1st ice Berg today. Arund 6:30 a.m. at East entrance to Prince Christian Sound in Greenland. Picture attached. We had 90 mph winds and had to turn around. Will try to enter from the West later today.
It was raining, foggy, windy at shortly after Dawn. The ice Berg is near the center of the picture at around 11 o'clock.
I forgot to take my camera so picture was taken with a tablet.

Is this vacation or a military operation???

Is this vacation or a military operation???
Vacation.
According to the folks in Iceland the US wants to reopen a base there. I'm too old for service.
Iceland is unique. Fire and ice.
Ended up seeing several ice bergs , but none as large as the first one.

Attachments

• 20180905_073834.jpg
    20180905_073834.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 6
Supposed to take the family to Myrtle Beach a week from Saturday.now I’m wondering should I just make reservations in flordia

We leave Wednesday for an epic 12 day road trip across Tennessee. 2 nights Chattanooga, 4 in a cabin in Sevierville, across the state for a night in Savannah and then 4 more nights in Nashville. Gators/Vols, Eagles/Titans, the Grand Ole Opry and too much good food.

Hit the Loveless Cafe for breakfast Tuesday.

IMG_1909.JPG

Tonight, after subpar food and talent at Ole Red (though drinks were on point), we headed to Tootsies.

IMG_1937.JPG

BTW, had a Lyft driver that was impaired tonight. First, he pulled off before my wife was fully in the car. It was dark so we just played it off. Once we hit interstate, he was driving 10-20 under the limit and was weaving all over the place. I asked if he was ok and got no reply. We got out asap and the only thing he said was, "I'm sorry". I reported it to Lyft and received a call back and sincere response. First time I've had an issue with Lyft or Uber.

With nothing other than my observations, I think it was a sleep deprivation issue rather than inebriation.

How long were you in London?
London Eye?, Plays, Museums?

Did you see Giants Causeway in Ireland?

2 days. And we saw enough. Too many people and too much to do.

We took the double decker bus tour and saw the main sites. Tower of London tour and has fish and chips at as many pubs as we could!

Ireland now..... I could live there. Laid back and not near and busy type of lifestyle. My kind of country.

My favorite country in the world besides USA of course, is Kenya. I love that place.

Wife and I just got back from a week in Aruba. We have been a few times and love the island, the beaches and the friendly people. 274A7F56-FF53-4928-BEAB-2D5B4C120A54.jpeg

VN Store

Back