Urban Meyer Is a Dirt Bag!

Paterno did. Sandusky was just a coordinator. The school did nothing because they were afraid of the PR nightmare if it went public, not because Sandusky was such a great assistant coach who was that important to the program.

The author of that post also used the word retired in quotes, as if Sandusky was forced out by PSU in 1999 and didn't really voluntarily retire. If that's the case, why wait that long to force him out if you suspected or knew he was doing something way before that?
I used the quotes because Paterno basically forced him out. The first local investigation of Sandusky occurred in 1998, When he had been accused of bear hugging two young boys while naked. A lot of people in the university and football program panicked because they thought this incident might hade the potential to shine a light on everything that had happened previously.

Paterno did. Sandusky was just a coordinator. The school did nothing because they were afraid of the PR nightmare if it went public, not because Sandusky was such a great assistant coach who was that important to the program.

The author of that post also used the word retired in quotes, as if Sandusky was forced out by PSU in 1999 and didn't really voluntarily retire. If that's the case, why wait that long to force him out if you suspected or knew he was doing something way before that?

Yep, Sandusky had absolutely nothing to do with Penn States success, it was all Paterno and Paterno alone.

I mean sure Sandusky was a linebacker coach who produced 10 first team all Americans including Lavar Arrington and Jack Ham. I mean Penn State got the reputation of Linebacker U because of their extremely talented linebackers and how many of them went on for amazing careers in the NFL and all
we’re from Sandusky's Team

Nope, he did nothing more than sit around. Paterno did all the coaching for every position. Yessiree.

Yep, Sandusky had absolutely nothing to do with Penn States success, it was all Paterno and Paterno alone.

I mean sure Sandusky was a linebacker coach who produced 10 first team all Americans including Lavar Arrington and Jack Ham. I mean Penn State got the reputation of Linebacker U because of their extremely talented linebackers and how many of them went on for amazing careers in the NFL and all
we’re from Sandusky's Team

Nope, he did nothing more than sit around. Paterno did all the coaching for every position. Yessiree.
Who hired Sandusky?

By that logic Jeremy Pruitt gets no credit whatsoever for the Alabama defense the last couple of years
Alabama's defense would have been elite with or without Pruitt. Penn St would have been good with or without Sandusky. Who is the straw that's stirring those drinks?

They covered for Sandusky because they were afraid of the PR nightmare if it went public, not because Sandusky was some incredible coach the program couldn't live without.

Alabama's defense would have been elite with or without Pruitt. Penn St would have been good with or without Sandusky. Who is the straw that's stirring those drinks?

They covered for Sandusky because they were afraid of the PR nightmare if it went public, not because Sandusky was some incredible coach the program couldn't live without.
I agree completely with the second paragraph. On the first part though, no coach is great on his own without surrounding himself with great people. That defense would have been great either way, but Saban picked Pruitt because he viewed him as one of the best.

As much as it pains me to say it, same with JS. Paterno wouldn't have kept him around if he didn't consistently churn out All American linebackers.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
I agree completely with the second paragraph. On the first part though, no coach is great on his own without surrounding himself with great people. That defense would have been great either way, but Saban picked Pruitt because he viewed him as one of the best.

As much as it pains me to say it, same with JS. Paterno wouldn't have kept him around if he didn't consistently churn out All American linebackers.
Exactly

The head coach cannot do everything and the coordinators should and do deserve credit for developing the players

It’s a team. No one deserves all of the glory

Reactions: butchna

Sandusky got huge credit for that championship game against Miami...where he basically copied Donahue’s defensive game plan against them in the Sugar Bowl. Point is, that was his baby and THE major reason for one of Paterno’s NC’s. Cutcliffe and Chief have lifetime laurels from our most recent triumph. When coordinators don’t deliver...championships don’t happen. It’s a real thing.

Reactions: BeecherVol
Meyer denying knowledge put an immediate stink on any actions taken in 2015. Had he just said no comment, or we'll be releasing more info about Zach Smith in the future then this probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal nationally. McMurphy was working on this story already. An Urban Meyer denial was the best gift McMurphy could have hoped for. Didn't help him when Urban's response included "I don't know who creates a story like that". Basically calling Smith's wife a liar and questioning McMurphy's integrity.

I can't imagine their pr department being so incompetent that they wouldn't have prepared him to answer questions about Zach Smith. Why no prep about 2015? Did Ohio St think they did enough where no questions would be asked? Did they think nobody really knew much about it?

Big gaffe by Urban. He'll probably end up with a game or two suspension for that alone when all is said and done.
This was a pretty prescient post right here.

VN Store

Back