Unofficial BaseVols v Kentucky...2nd game

More
UT provided an explanation. It's called a prolonged argument. The umps say Vitello continued to argue after being ejected. That is why he is getting a two-game suspension.

Wow.

I was at the game what was the big deal. A little yelling.🙀🙀

For a “prolonged argument” was the ruling, which is odd because they ejected him as he walked away. Was he just supposed to keep going? Because no coach in America would have at that point.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of that happened because the 3rd base umpire created extra problems by seeking Anderson out.

Well I was just going to go to bed and not watch the replay, but I guess I'm going to have to watch it now. Dang it. :)

Well I was just going to go to bed and not watch the replay, but I guess I'm going to have to watch it now. Dang it. :)

I thought the balk call was ok, but they didn’t call it in the 1st when he made the same move, so they asked for those problems too.

I thought the balk call was ok, but they didn’t call it in the 1st when he made the same move, so they asked for those problems too.

What was the score when they got tossed?

The 3rd base ump had rabbit ears and came after Coach Anderson and tossed him. That then set CTV off he gets thrown out on his way to the dugout and then asked 3 times what he said. Anderson came on the field and argued after he was tossed. I’ve never seen a coach get tossed and then just leave. What a joke!

The 3rd base ump had rabbit ears and came after Coach Anderson and tossed him. That then set CTV off he gets thrown out on his way to the dugout and then asked 3 times what he said. Anderson came on the field and argued after he was tossed. I’ve never seen a coach get tossed and then just leave. What a joke!

And suspended for two games? WTH? Wonder what was said, CTV was fairly coy in the PG presser.

Okay...that's some BS, 3B ump was over stepping...they changed the game, isn't suppose to happen that way.

Oh well, let's get the game tomorrow...er...today.

Because an assistant coach was involved I am sure that made it worse on TV. Head coaches supposed to be only ones allowed to argue.

Because an assistant coach was involved I am sure that made it worse on TV. Head coaches supposed to be only ones allowed to argue.

3B ump had no business coming across the diamond to toss the pitching coach. There was already multiple umps over there.

Pathetic ruling and 100% behind coaches here. Glad to have a coach who fights for his players. Arguing like this is part of the game of baseball. Umps need to get thicker skin.

I would appeal if I was UT

Pathetic ruling and 100% behind coaches here. Glad to have a coach who fights for his players. Arguing like this is part of the game of baseball. Umps need to get thicker skin.

I would appeal if I was UT

I can’t believe they haven’t appealed the decision or maybe they will. I have never seen a coach stop arguing when he has been ejected. The crew chief must have it out for him. You could hear clear as day what he was saying. He was asking what he said and never got an answer. He even reiterated that after the game.

VN Store

Back