Under the Radar?

Don't give a damn about what others think or say. Under the radar is fine with me. All I give two squirts about is beating Wright State. Beat them and I'll give a damn about who is next. The media can F off.

Given that Tennessee ended up with a 3 seed and given that a 3 has to go through a 2 seed (or somebody who knocks them off) to get to a regional final, I think the Vols are exactly where I would choose if I could set up a draw. Given the choice of UNC, Duke, Purdue and Cincinnati as the 2's, I choose the Bearcats. No offense to them. I just think UT will match up better with them than any of the other three choices, despite the win against Purdue (motivation for the Boilermakers) and the solid, but losing, performance against the Tar Heels.

Call me crazy but, if the Vols keep their focus and no one gets hurt or in foul trouble, I think UT plays UVa in the South Region final.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Plus Cincy probably thinks they have a stroll to the E8. Thing is, we play D every bit as hard as they do...they probably wouldn't like that.

Still, gotta mention the TCB-in-Dallas disclaimer thingy.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed with the foul on three pointer the other night but people literally bounce off of Grant and he gets a foul call. I guess we haven't watched the same games this season but Grant gets garbage foul calls strictly on his size. Hell he fell down trying to get a rebound the guy fell on top of him and Grant got called for a foul. I agree with bowden but that's completely incorrect imo.

They called a foul on Grant b/c a UK player ran into him while Grant was handing the ball off.. insanity

I love this team but we are susceptible to losing against Wright State just as we are capable of going to the Elite Eight (which I view as a near hard ceiling for us). Our team doesn’t have the talent to just roll the ball out and beat any team. At the same time, when our team is engaged and is hitting shots, we can beat any team in the country. I think we all need to remember the NCAA tournament is a new experience for our entire roster and the big stage can be intimidating for teams not used to it. And, even great teams and programs flameout early. So, I wonder how the team will be prepared. I think the SEC championship game was a big stage and it took our guys a little while to get their feet under them.

To me, I think we, more likely than not, get to the Sweet Sixteen but no further. I prefer Cinci to any of the other 2 seeds for UT but that team is a perennial power and plays a gritty, hard-nosed style (just like us) and its players won’t be taken out of their game by our intensity and style of play. That’s going to be a tough fought game and would be fun to watch. We could very well prevail and earn a likely matchup against UVA, UK, or Zona and that would be a really tough game and probably where our season ends in our best case.

Last time I remember us playing Virginia we beat the snot out of them. I think by 40 points?

VolPack, you're absolutely right that we beat them soundly since the game I was referencing. My weak effort at a fun defensive reference was to the game in Charlottesville in December of 2012 (a testament to my advancing age!) that we lost 46-38 just a week after losing to Georgetown 37-36. Now those were some defensive struggles! Those games were excruciatingly hard to watch! :mf_surrender:

VolPack, you're absolutely right that we beat them soundly since the game I was referencing. My weak effort at a fun defensive reference was to the game in Charlottesville in December of 2012 (a testament to my advancing age!) that we lost 46-38 just a week after losing to Georgetown 37-36. Now those were some defensive struggles! Those games were excruciatingly hard to watch! :mf_surrender:

That aint no lie

VN Store

Back