Ultimate Birthday Gift

Nerwen Aldarion

Tennessee Girl
So my father’s birthday was this week and I finally managed to get him a Peyton Manning autograph that didn’t break the bank. Even came with a certificate of authenticity so I was quite happy to find it.

Not so happy with USPS, apparently it takes a full week to deliver it from a two hour drive away? I’d say they walked it from its origin but that still would have only been a day or two.

Alls well that ends well, my dad got his gift and he was ecstatic

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 136
Very Cool Gift.

USPS is the least dependable delivery service.
I recently bought a car online and had to overnight a check to the dealer. It was "guaranteed" to be delivered by 10a.m the next morning (paid extra for that) and it took almost 2 days. It was delayed because of rain. Not a storm, just regular rain. I was furious. Never again.

Anyway, congrats OP, cool gift.

Very Cool Gift.

I tried to send a check to my bank. Overnight and receipt requested. Guaranteed next day. 3 weeks later it came back to me with the note that they couldn’t find the address…USPS is only good for delivering junk mail.

FedEx or UPS for me from now on.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I tried to send a check to my bank. Overnight and receipt requested. Guaranteed next day. 3 weeks later it came back to me with the note that they couldn’t find the address…USPS is only good for delivering junk mail.

FedEx or UPS for me from now on.
We ship stuff everywhere all the time. We rotate between fedex and ups based on the current deal. I only use usps when i need cheap and there’s no deadline, which is never at work, only personal use.

I was shipped Icelandic hot dogs via USPS Priority Mail. OK to AL. In the system Tues at noon, as of gametime tonight still not here

Very Cool Gift.

UPS is better than FedX ever thought about being. FedX , in our neighborhood, often delivers packages to the wrong addresses. We have a neighborhood communication system and almost every day, someone is searching for the FedX package which has been dropped off to the wrong address. Good thing however, the lost packages are usually found through our system in less than 24 hours.

UPS is better than FedX ever thought about being. FedX , in our neighborhood, often delivers packages to the wrong addresses. We have a neighborhood communication system and almost every day, someone is searching for the FedX package which has been dropped off to the wrong address. Good thing however, the lost packages are usually found through our system in less than 24 hours.
That’s who we use most. And yes I prefer UPS. But once you have an account with either and spend a bunch of money they will hurl insane numbers at you to get your business. So that always makes the owners of the company listen. We have switched a few times but went back to UPS last year. I would prefer to renegotiate with them and pay a little extra before going back to fedex.

We ship stuff everywhere all the time. We rotate between fedex and ups based on the current deal. I only use usps when i need cheap and there’s no deadline, which is never at work, only personal use.

Honestly man, FedEx and UPS are usually cheaper these days than USPS.

Whenever they switched out of priority mail to "priority guaranteed" or whatever they are calling it now-things have gone downhill quickly.

FedEx is a TN company. I’ll always root for them even tho I know it’s to my detriment

True story...our address is 8450, neighbors is 8540, so I can see the occasional mix up in delivery. However, we went through an entire month or more where we got their mail and they got ours.

Went to the post office to complain and was told that our route driver was the ADA hire and was dyslexic !!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a thousand percent behind the hiring of people with disabilities and support the spirit of the ADA, but really...a dyslexic mail driver ????

So my father’s birthday was this week and I finally managed to get him a Peyton Manning autograph that didn’t break the bank. Even came with a certificate of authenticity so I was quite happy to find it.

Not so happy with USPS, apparently it takes a full week to deliver it from a two hour drive away? I’d say they walked it from its origin but that still would have only been a day or two.

Alls well that ends well, my dad got his gift and he was ecstatic
Had to change planes twice in Atlanta.

VN Store

Back