Uconn is gone!!

This has to be rough for Rebecca Lobo to analyze after the game.

I loved seeing their fans walk out shocked and in tears. More enjoyable were the ex-players going from jubilation to long faces. I guess it wasn't the party they expected.

Reactions: 7 people
Especially sweet to see The Jerk of the North's dejected, stunned look after the game...particularly after his smirking performance during the little "hold me back" drama played out with Daly earlier in the game.

They shouldn't feel too bad, though. After all, they DO have that record-setting first-round win.

McGraw has done a masterful job with this group of wounded warriors. Either she recruits tough players or she and her staff are able to develop that toughness. Something other programs could benefit from emulating.

And McGraw can stay classy during games, manage games well, and give good post-game interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
From the BONEYARD:

Lots of off the rail fans in the chat. Clobbering "their" own players, coaches and team. Very strange.

Good thing for those people UCONN only loses one time/year. Any more than that and those folks would be homicidal.

This fanbase really needs to handle losses better. The blame game sickens me especially when it's targeted at young women who play their hearts out. Geno can handle the criticism, but what I've seen tonight is really disgraceful comments directed at young women who give their all. Basketball is a game and nothing more. Get over it. On to next season. Wow.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember the old days when we would celebrate the big Final Four LV wins. Sadly now we seem to take more enjoyment in UConn losses, probably because there are no more big LV wins. Oh well.

Reactions: 16 people
I remember the old days when we would celebrate the big Final Four LV wins. Sadly now we seem to take more enjoyment in UConn losses, probably because there are no more big LV wins. Oh well.
I thought exactly the same thing. This is how far we've fallen. Along with the rest of the middle of the pack teams, sitting home ragging on those still dancing. Not okay with that.

Hurts to be a bystander at one of the game's epic nights.

Reactions: 13 people
That was a heck of a game. I love the championship matchup too—two total underdog stories who have both dethroned goliath. Last year when SC won the title, people said the title had an asterisk because SC didn’t beat UCONN. No one will say that about the winner of Sunday’s game.

Reactions: 5 people
Very good game!! Young was fearless and calm all night! I love her game!! Our ladies will mature over the summer and get better as well I’m so excited to see who makes a leap in their sophomore year, something tells me it will be all of them...

Geno is a great coach but tbh 4 of those 11 championships came with Briana Stewart, Morgan Tuck, and Moriah Jefferson leading his teams with strong supporting casts. Not to take anything from him but those ‘ships were obvious and gimmes...as well as those with Maya. The group he has now are basically a team full of Morgan Tucks. Great players and all hard workers but none of them are take over the game each and every game type players like Breanna/Jefferson, Maya/Tina, Diana/Sue were.

McGraw is a great coach with great players who came up big in the biggest game of their lives thus far. Congratulations ladies!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Ah, those were the days; sitting around the fire; eating grilled mastodon meat; wearing our sabertooth loin furs; and drawing weird cave art to confound archeologists in the future; good times indeed.

Reactions: 10 people
Haha, I love that 'hold me back' move Geno likes to incorporate to try to intimidate the refs, with that stork-like assistant he has had for years. Maybe that schtick has grown old with the ref community.

Reactions: 1 person
Haha, I love that 'hold me back' move Geno likes to incorporate to try to intimidate the refs, with that stork-like assistant he has had for years. Maybe that schtick has grown old with the ref community.

You can talk about the physical appearance of the 32 year assistant but I don't think she looks so bad for her age. I will say they got a couple of young babe assistants on the bench, so does Notre Dame. A couple of them look stacked!

Ah, those were the days; sitting around the fire; eating grilled mastodon meat; wearing our sabertooth loin furs; and drawing weird cave art to confound archeologists in the future; good times indeed.

Madtown I just spit my damn drink out laughing SOOOOOOOO hard at this post!!!!

Reactions: 6 people
From the BONEYARD:

Lots of off the rail fans in the chat. Clobbering "their" own players, coaches and team. Very strange.

Good thing for those people UCONN only loses one time/year. Any more than that and those folks would be homicidal.

This fanbase really needs to handle losses better. The blame game sickens me especially when it's targeted at young women who play their hearts out. Geno can handle the criticism, but what I've seen tonight is really disgraceful comments directed at young women who give their all. Basketball is a game and nothing more. Get over it. On to next season. Wow.
you read the Boneyard... wow! :dance2:

Reactions: 2 people

Stork like is perfect for her.
And her nose is so far up Geno, she’s a human colonoscopy device.
Time to move on, my dear, spread those stork wings and fly away from your Storrs Papa bird.

VN Store

Back