Tyson Helton talks about Guarantano's play

That second part x1000. So true. He makes assumptions and then bases arguments on them as if they are proven fact. He also likes to make up your argument for you and debates that made-up argument. You can't have a rational discussion with someone like that.

And I'm sure his reply to that will be along the lines of, "No, you're the reason we can't have a rational discussion because you JG cult members can't admit that JG has any faults!"
Any time you want to have a "rational" argument rather than attack me personally... let's go. If you will not admit that JG has any flaws and are willing to throw the OL's under the bus rather than "rationally" discuss the SHARED responsibility for the O's problems... what do you want me to call that?

This, a million times this. Its bizarre
Never claimed to "know" UT's system... just that QB's are asked to make checks and calls at the LOS in most if not all college systems.

If they truly don't trust JG to make line checks then that's worse for the notion that he's a great QB weighted down by playing with bums than if he just has some weaknesses.

It is truly amazing that you guys are this defensive to the notion that JG isn't perfect.

Look for some scheme changes this week. They have to put in something that helps JG find open receivers quickly because the O-line didn't give him a pocket to throw from to keep his eyes downfield rather than running for his life or getting eaten alive by a noseguard or defensive tackle. I think we will see more underneath routes, quick outs, drags, and screens. Those passes get the ball out and gives our athletic receivers a chance to make playes in space.

I agree, but I think we’ve pretty much already seen that. JG has been getting the call out very quickly, hitting a lot of crossing, dig, “comeback” and even stick routes....a lot of quicker routes that move the chains. Nice to also see JG because accurate on the 2 51-yard completions last week as well.

Fun fact....last year, with QD and JG playing qb, pretty much splitting the year, we had 4 total pass completions 50 yards and beyond.....vs ETSU we had 3 in one game.

JG is far from a finished product but has certainly done well so far this season considering the circumstances. To anyone with a hint of good common sense, the o-line is clearly the major problem holding back the offense. That doesn't mean that JG shares no blame when it comes to reading the defense and not making sure the o-line identifies and picks up blitzes...but those problems are minor compared to watching o-linemen flat out whiff or get bowled over by what should be lesser talented players.

SJT and others believe JG is the major problem with this offense and think some of us are part of some JG cult because we are not as critical of JG as he is
. I haven't seen anyone say JG is without fault, but somehow that is what SJT reads. Just like him seeing Helton say JG is holding onto the ball too long when that is CLEARLY not what Helton said. It's the reality he wants, no matter the circumstances...so there's really no point in trying to have this discussion with him.

We will find out soon enough if JG is ready to lead the offense against the SEC. This bickering over his capabilities/ successes/struggles after playing ETSU seems like a big waste of time.
How is simply saying that he doesn't make good reads and that QB's impact OL play with their decisions and line calls equate to some gross "hatred" or even over the top criticism of JG.

You won't see anyone "say" that JG is without fault. What you will see is reactions to criticisms that often includes blaming other players for things that his play can and likely does impact. In the case of folks like john Lankford and unfortunately Darth... you'll also see exaggeration.

I've pointed out that QB's impact OL play. I've pointed out that while improved JG still isn't doing a great job with reads and particularly pre-snap reads. To that... I've been accused of "hating" him, never saying anything good about him, and then this latest feeding frenzy.

I guess we can go back to the start. Do you not believe that QB decisions and line calls can help or hurt the OL? Do you or do you not believe that JG struggles with pre-snap reads sometimes causing him to miss open plays or hold the ball too long?

How is simply saying that he doesn't make good reads and that QB's impact OL play with their decisions and line calls equate to some gross "hatred" or even over the top criticism of JG.

You won't see anyone "say" that JG is without fault. What you will see is reactions to criticisms that often includes blaming other players for things that his play can and likely does impact. In the case of folks like john Lankford and unfortunately Darth... you'll also see exaggeration.

I've pointed out that QB's impact OL play. I've pointed out that while improved JG still isn't doing a great job with reads and particularly pre-snap reads. To that... I've been accused of "hating" him, never saying anything good about him, and then this latest feeding frenzy.

I guess we can go back to the start. Do you not believe that QB decisions and line calls can help or hurt the OL? Do you or do you not believe that JG struggles with pre-snap reads sometimes causing him to miss open plays or hold the ball too long?

Let it go sjt these dudes are just trollin’ ya. Truth is between JG and KC we’ve got ONE serviceable SEC QB equipped for different situations. Helton and Pruitt better find a way for KC to play meaningful snaps or FL game could turn ugly.

I know it’s far from ideal but ATP I don’t see either as the answer alone unless one clearly elevates above the other.

Let it go sjt these dudes are just trollin’ ya. Truth is between JG and KC we’ve got ONE serviceable SEC QB equipped for different situations. Helton and Pruitt better find a way for KC to play meaningful snaps or FL game could turn ugly.

I know it’s far from ideal but ATP I don’t see either as the answer alone unless one clearly elevates above the other.
JG did clearly elevate above KC that’s why he was named the starter. If it was close then they’d be giving both meaningful snaps.

JG did clearly elevate about KC that’s why he was named the starter. If it was close then they’d be giving both meaningful snaps.
I don't agree that is true... and honestly think they chose the right guy... at least to start with. JG has great physical talent. He's behind where a 3rd year player should be in mental development. That's been the sum of my argument. That's not personal. It isn't "hate" for JG. Just an opinion based on his play compared to others.

:D You're right. But you've heard the one about wrestling with a pig in mud, right?

I really like the jousting...

This reminds me a lot of the accusations of heresy I got for suggesting that Jones had issues that needed to improve if he were going to survive. After he was fired... many of those same accusers repeated the same criticisms as if they were always obvious.

I don't hate JG. Criticism isn't "hatred" though apparently many today seem to think it is. I was critical of my sons. One recently landed a position with a company EVERYONE has heard of controlling distribution of a new product line for the western half of the country. He's 25 and now appreciates that harsh criticism. My younger son will graduate college in December and likely go on to be a pilot in the Air Force. His GPA is something north of 3.9 in Aviation Mgt. Criticism didn't seem to hurt him either.

I want JG to be successful. He needs to be successful in order for UT to be successful. KC looked good on those 3 passes but his ceiling honestly doesn't look all that high. The only way he should be inserted is if JG fails to continue improving and increase his pace. JG didn't lose the job to Dormady last year for lack of an elite arm. He has that. Unlike Dobbs... he can put the ball into a very small window with great velocity. The completion to Callaway down the middle of the field vs ETSU was as good as you can throw a pass. If the guy didn't interfere, JG hits him in stride 40 yards downfield for a walk in. But he isn't where a 3rd year player should be with reads and decision making. He needs to improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke
Ummm, proof would be impressive for that claim. I seldom call anyone a "liar"... but you qualify here. I would much rather think that we disagree or lack information.

But by all means... point out all those examples proving my "schtick" is calling people liars.
Seldom, huh? You've done it twice in this thread!

Anyway, I googled "volnation sjt liar" and found these posts in about 5 minutes. I'm sure if spent time going through 12 years of your verbal diarrhea posts I'd find more. Anybody who has been around here long enough has seen you accuse someone of lying or call some a liar when they call you out on your sophomoric BS or poke a little fun at you.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised you'd even try to deny the fact that you have a schtick about calling people you debate with dishonest. You do it a lot. Might as well take some of Butch's advice and own it lol

Yeah. Just keep lying. It is very becoming of you.:lolabove:

This is a lie... or else a self-indictment.

Once again, you are either self-deluded or a liar. I have complimentary of Jones and critical. Only someone like you would think honest criticism is equal to hatred.

Reactions: barrylee

Found sjt's alt account lol

That is a lie. I have said he's improved. I have raved over his arm talent. Why do you keep lying? You've quoted and responded to posts where I've done both of these things.
That's a lie also. I have said that the OL has issues and needs to improve. But unlike you apparently, I realize that the job of the QB in managing the O impacts OL play. I also recognize that the QB's reads and especially the pre-snap ones can either make the OL look "horrible" or result in burning a D for a playcall. I've given examples of what I'm talking about. Possibly the most impressive example is the difference between UT's OL with Simms as QB and Bray as QB. One guy was indecisive and weak at pre-snap reads. The other guy was as brash as they come and great at pre-snap reads. One guy got sacked and made the OL look like "hot garbage". The other guy almost never got sacked. IIRC in the following year UT's OL with Bray at QB had one of the lowest sacks allowed in all of college football.

Why deny stuff like this?
Bray played under the best pass protection line in the last decade at Tennessee, they never were good at run blocking! Bray was far from a smart QB, he was a gunslinger who forced throws into tight windows (28 career Interceptions) sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. He had an NFL type arm yet has never really gotten a chance to play in the NFL? Wonder why, probably because he is so good a pre-snap reads that they don't want him to make the starter look bad. Great observation, but Bray is a stretch for someone who was SMART, his off the field stuff showed how much he truly didn't get it as a QB!

Behind this years OL JG is throwing for 8.6 ypa, the best Bray ever had was 8.3 with an amazing OL! So I think he has some grasp as to where to go with the ball from his pre-snap reads as well as Bray did!

Your examples don't hold ground when it comes to your opinion, it would make much more sense if you just said that you don't like JG and wish Chryst was starting. At least then I could respect your opinion but you are clearly making up examples that don't show a legit point!

I don't agree that is true... and honestly think they chose the right guy... at least to start with. JG has great physical talent. He's behind where a 3rd year player should be in mental development. That's been the sum of my argument. That's not personal. It isn't "hate" for JG. Just an opinion based on his play compared to others.
I agree he is somewhat behind where a 3rd year QB should be mentally and we all know why that is but he’s improved quite a bit in a short time with the new coaching staff. There’s no reason to believe he won’t keep getting better with more game experience.

Seldom, huh? You've done it twice in this thread!
Do we really need to cover definitions? If someone doesn't know... that's a case of being uninformed. But when someone repeatedly states something that is false... that they have every reason to know is false... and after having been corrected multiple times... the proper term is "lie". When someone repeatedly lies... that makes them a liar.
Anyway, I googled "volnation sjt liar" and found these posts in about 5 minutes. I'm sure if spent time going through 12 years of your verbal diarrhea posts I'd find more. Anybody who has been around here long enough has seen you accuse someone of lying or call some a liar when they call you out on your sophomoric BS or poke a little fun at you.
LOL... you found 4 examples in 34K posts over more than 10 years and that makes it my "schtick". Do you really not see how ridiculous that is?

And context is important here. I DID say things complimentary of Jones and like this particular discussion... had people who repeatedly accused me (knowing differently) of only criticizing him.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised you'd even try to deny the fact that you have a schtick about calling people you debate with dishonest. You do it a lot. Might as well take some of Butch's advice and own it lol
If I accused you of always criticizing the OL and never saying anything complimentary... and that was untrue... and I knew it was untrue... what would you call that?

If you are talking about disagreeing with people when I think they have their information wrong and calling their assertions "untrue" then... guilty as charged. By and large I will say why I think they're wrong about their claim and often reference facts to back my opinion up. I don't mind if they come back with a counter point... in fact I enjoy it.

Last edited:
Bray played under the best pass protection line in the last decade at Tennessee, they never were good at run blocking! Bray was far from a smart QB, he was a gunslinger who forced throws into tight windows (28 career Interceptions) sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. He had an NFL type arm yet has never really gotten a chance to play in the NFL? Wonder why, probably because he is so good a pre-snap reads that they don't want him to make the starter look bad. Great observation, but Bray is a stretch for someone who was SMART, his off the field stuff showed how much he truly didn't get it as a QB!
The claim that he was really good at pre-snap reads isn't mine. It was said at the time and pretty often. His off the field issues not withstanding... he was an intelligent guy.

I never said the OL was a good run blocking OL though a lot of that probably had to do with a lack of talent at RB. What I did say was that they were giving up all kinds of sacks with Simms as QB then went to being the "best pass protection line" when Bray took over. Do you disagree that is true?

Behind this years OL JG is throwing for 8.6 ypa, the best Bray ever had was 8.3 with an amazing OL! So I think he has some grasp as to where to go with the ball from his pre-snap reads as well as Bray did!
An "amazing" OL that was "hot trash" while protecting Simms.... Point is obvious. QB's impact how the OL plays and looks. I don't even claim to know how much of the blame falls one way or the other. That's you all. You are the ones who say it is all on the OL and none of it is JG.

Your examples don't hold ground when it comes to your opinion, it would make much more sense if you just said that you don't like JG and wish Chryst was starting. At least then I could respect your opinion but you are clearly making up examples that don't show a legit point!
So... I can't say JG is the best guy to start for now... but also recognize and comment on opportunities for improvement? If a person supports someone as the starter then they can't mention any weakness or criticism? Do you really think this way?

I agree he is somewhat behind where a 3rd year QB should be mentally and we all know why that is but he’s improved quite a bit in a short time with the new coaching staff. There’s no reason to believe he won’t keep getting better with more game experience.
I hope so. Appreciate the tone btw. Thanks.

The claim that he was really good at pre-snap reads isn't mine. It was said at the time and pretty often. His off the field issues not withstanding... he was an intelligent guy.

I never said the OL was a good run blocking OL though a lot of that probably had to do with a lack of talent at RB. What I did say was that they were giving up all kinds of sacks with Simms as QB then went to being the "best pass protection line" when Bray took over. Do you disagree that is true?

An "amazing" OL that was "hot trash" while protecting Simms.... Point is obvious. QB's impact how the OL plays and looks. I don't even claim to know how much of the blame falls one way or the other. That's you all. You are the ones who say it is all on the OL and none of it is JG.

So... I can't say JG is the best guy to start for now... but also recognize and comment on opportunities for improvement? If a person supports someone as the starter then they can't mention any weakness or criticism? Do you really think this way?

Can I get a link to this because I don't believe this to be fact, Just another one of your made up facts to support your AGENDA!

The OL wasn't great his Freshman year they were mediocre just like when Simms started!

JG is playing rather well behind what most in the Sports writing world would call a Weak OL. Why does everything have to be about something that JG is doing wrong, you have serious issues claiming that your made up facts are examples of some fake knowledge you claim to have about the game of Football!

You truly have no idea if JG has the chance/authority to change the play at the line, The OL getting pushed back into the backfield 3 yds on running plays has nothign to do with JGs presnap reads, and the NT for WVU blowing past the center to make a TFL on the opening play of the game must have been Jgs fault too right? not that the Center got beat off the ball!

You sir are Ridiculous!

That is a lie. I have said he's improved. I have raved over his arm talent. Why do you keep lying? You've quoted and responded to posts where I've done both of these things.
That's a lie also. I have said that the OL has issues and needs to improve. But unlike you apparently, I realize that the job of the QB in managing the O impacts OL play. I also recognize that the QB's reads and especially the pre-snap ones can either make the OL look "horrible" or result in burning a D for a playcall. I've given examples of what I'm talking about. Possibly the most impressive example is the difference between UT's OL with Simms as QB and Bray as QB. One guy was indecisive and weak at pre-snap reads. The other guy was as brash as they come and great at pre-snap reads. One guy got sacked and made the OL look like "hot garbage". The other guy almost never got sacked. IIRC in the following year UT's OL with Bray at QB had one of the lowest sacks allowed in all of college football.

Why deny stuff like this?

JG does need to improve his pre snap reads. However, you're pinning most of the OL struggles on him when that isn't the case. Anyone who has watched the games thus far can see that most of the struggles have been related to the OL getting beat at the point of attack. The QB can't help that.

JG does need to improve his pre snap reads. However, you're pinning most of the OL struggles on him when that isn't the case.
Where did I do that? Where did I say that most of the OL struggles are on him? I said the QB impacts OL play. I have repeatedly said that none of us can be sure of how much of the blame lies where without knowing what they've been coached to do and without having access to the game film they use.

Anyone who has watched the games thus far can see that most of the struggles have been related to the OL getting beat at the point of attack. The QB can't help that.
There have been some whiffs. There have been some missed line calls. There have been some plays run into the teeth of the defensive play call. There have been a few plays that are even recognizable on TV where JG's decision making should have been better.

If you want me to give you the other side of this... UT's middle on the OL didn't play well until after the ETSU lightning delay. I'm not sure that most of that improvement wasn't a matter of the competition and a shift to gap plays rather than zone blocking. I saw Carvin and Johnson in particular just flat out get whipped by FCS DL's this past Saturday... it was ridiculous looking.

Not to play funny off what Pruitt said... but when the OL protects well and JG makes good reads... it looks really, really, really good. We may continue to disagree on how much further he needs to come mentally... but I LOVE watching him throw the ball. I honestly think he makes throws with a level of accuracy that few if any other SEC QB's can make. I think he could kill a fly at 30 yards.

LOL... you found 4 examples in 34K posts over more than 10 years and that makes it my "schtick". Do you really not see how ridiculous that is?
The new VN layout has a search feature apparently: here's a small taste of what it turned up when I searched for times you've resorted to calling others liars (there were about another 10 pages of results, but quoting it all would just be overkill):

I am pretty sure that fijivol is a faux fan or a liar. If he graduated when he said then he'd be mid-50's. He claims to run a business. Those things do not line up with the form or substance of his posts.
No. I didn't. To say any different is to be a liar...blind... or stupid.
Nope. But you've always been a liar... so there's that.
No. To make an argument in a debate... you have to use reason and an honest treatment of the facts then formulate ideas that can be defended without having to resort to dishonest debate tactics.
You failed magnificently.
Again, I am still trying to figure out if you are the most profound liar this board has seen in my 10 years here or are that self-absorbed and self-deluded.
Are you ignorant? By that suggestion I can only assume you are.... or a liar.
You can always tell when someone has no valid argument when they resort to lying like you just did.
I said you lied because you keep lying by attempting to use straw men or distort what I have posted into something I didn't post... but that is more convenient for you to argue against.

If you don't want to be called out for being dishonest or lying then be more careful not to be dishonest or lie.
You should be banned because you never post anything new... always the same old ignorant drivel. That's why people believe you are a liar and troll... that and because you don't take the time to inform yourself.
I am pretty sure that fijivol is a faux fan or a liar. If he graduated when he said then he'd be mid-50's. He claims to run a business. Those things do not line up with the form or substance of his posts.
You are engaging in dishonesty. The hyperbole above crosses the line into outright lies.
You should be ashamed of yourself for lying by exaggeration. Dobbs had and has weaknesses. It isn't an effort to "diminish" him when someone points those weaknesses out. Dobbs did what Dobbs does. He did NOT manage the pocket well but DID run well. It worked for him most of the time.
I am going to accuse YOU of lying here because I do NOT accuse people of lying "all the time". The times I can remember accusing people of "lying" are very similar to this instance when someone accuses me of something that is factually untrue... and they have every reason to know it.

FWIW, saying something is "false" is not the same as accusing someone of lying. It is only a lie if someone knows it to be untrue.
That, is a bald faced lie. But... par for you. UNLESS, you mean being honest about bad things when bad things have happened. That, I've done.

Then you are intentionally ignorant or intentionally lying... again.

If you cared about telling the truth you would have done better research... or been honest about what you did.

Tired of WHAT? You guys picking a fight and not having me lay down and let you lie? You should be far more concerned about the diarrhea gushing from your mouth... and STOP LYING.
Pretty much everything you wrote here is false. You lied... and lied about others lying. It seems to be your "thing".
No. You must be lying. You can't "just" differ with him. You can't even "just" be mistaken or "just" forget something you might have written or "just" miscommunicated something. You must be lying. You are lying about the definition of terrible. You are lying about Worley being terrible. You are lying about emotion and objectivity. Liar, liar pants on fire....:loco:
I was responding to someone who VERY stupidly posted what "they" thought I might say... and lied while doing it. They took a completely unnecessary and gratuitous shot at me.
You are making yourself a liar.
Once again I have to ask are you too stupid to understand written English, blinded by irrational bias, or a liar?

So, yeah. Seems like you've got a bit of a complex. If that's what gets you off each day, then more power to ya, I guess. But don't deny it lol

Where did I do that? Where did I say that most of the OL struggles are on him? I said the QB impacts OL play. I have repeatedly said that none of us can be sure of how much of the blame lies where without knowing what they've been coached to do and without having access to the game film they use.

There have been some whiffs. There have been some missed line calls. There have been some plays run into the teeth of the defensive play call. There have been a few plays that are even recognizable on TV where JG's decision making should have been better.

If you want me to give you the other side of this... UT's middle on the OL didn't play well until after the ETSU lightning delay. I'm not sure that most of that improvement wasn't a matter of the competition and a shift to gap plays rather than zone blocking. I saw Carvin and Johnson in particular just flat out get whipped by FCS DL's this past Saturday... it was ridiculous looking.

Not to play funny off what Pruitt said... but when the OL protects well and JG makes good reads... it looks really, really, really good. We may continue to disagree on how much further he needs to come mentally... but I LOVE watching him throw the ball. I honestly think he makes throws with a level of accuracy that few if any other SEC QB's can make. I think he could kill a fly at 30 yards.
That comment in bold is the basis of my issues with your arguments. You have said in this thread in a response to one of my posts that JG doesn't make good reads. How do you know? Like you said in the bold statement above, none of us know what the players have been coached to do and we don't have access to the game film the coaches use. If you want to use that comment as a response to someone, then you should apply it to yourself. You don't know for sure if he doesn't make good reads (implying that most of his reads are bad). We can all ASSUME that he's had some bad reads, but none of us really know if that's truly a big issue because we are not part of the offensive staff and we don't know how often it happens.

What we can see and determine is when a player is just beat physically...which is why it is easy to see a lot of faults in the o-line. If you had said that you THINK he makes bad reads and not acted like it was a fact, then I would never say anything. Just like last year when you stated as if it was a fact that Butch wanted JG to win the job but had to give it to QD because JG didn't know the offense that well. You also make a lot of references to him struggling mentally...which I think is another big assumption. Honestly, some of your posts could easily be read as "JG is kind of dumb, but he's got a great arm".

Can I get a link to this because I don't believe this to be fact, Just another one of your made up facts to support your AGENDA!
You can believe whatever you want John. It was said. It was 8 years ago. It isn't worth the time it would take to go back and find comments out of all those reports.
The OL wasn't great his Freshman year they were mediocre just like when Simms started!
Simms only year starting was when Bray was a Fr.

This one was worth looking up. UT was 116th in FBS with 41 sacks allowed that year. Bray was sacked 14 times in 238 pass plays- one sack in every 17 pass plays. Simms was sacked 27 times in 222 pass plays- one sack in every 8.2 pass plays..

Why does everything have to be about something that JG is doing wrong, you have serious issues claiming that your made up facts are examples of some fake knowledge you claim to have about the game of Football!
Why do you construct straw men like this then burn them down... and get offended that someone points it out? Everything isn't about JG doing something wrong. Why do you have such an extreme reaction to any suggestion he's done anything wrong or has any part in the O's problems? There's nothing fake about saying a QB's decisions and calls impact the performance and perception of an OL... any sports reporter can tell you that. Why does that simple statement of fact send you into such a tizzy?
You truly have no idea if JG has the chance/authority to change the play at the line,
Specifically? No. Just like I've said repeatedly. Neither do you. But you have a choice there. Either they trust him enough to make adjustments at the line and he needs improvement or... they don't which would be a much worse statement on him as a QB. The was either Jones or Bajakian described the process for their O was that the O sets then looks at the sideline for the playcall. Embedded in that play call were two to 4 options for the QB to choose from. He was then responsible for making the line calls and executing the play. That seems to be relatively typical of how it is done now. I haven't heard the exact procedure used by this staff but making a call then giving the QB no means of adjusting if the D shifts... would make them pretty easy to defend. The play call would never be anything better than a guess and a hope.

The OL getting pushed back into the backfield 3 yds on running plays has nothign to do with JGs presnap reads,
Yeah... it really can. If he has the responsibility to adjust at the LOS to the shifts he sees then it could have everything to do with it. If he's making the OL calls then that could have something to do with it too. If the OL is just getting whipped... then no. But there's often more going on than that.

and the NT for WVU blowing past the center to make a TFL on the opening play of the game must have been Jgs fault too right? not that the Center got beat off the ball!

You sir are Ridiculous!
I'm ridiculous because you got jacked up, exaggerated, and accused me of saying something I never said? That's interesting.

That comment in bold is the basis of my issues with your arguments. You have said in this thread in a response to one of my posts that JG doesn't make good reads. How do you know?
One because the coaches allude to it now and again. But mostly because you can see it sometimes. He's gotten better but you can still seem him look to an area then hesitate. That's probably because he's seeing something he didn't expect to see. He's seemed to choose the wrong receiver a few times this year as well... though it is possible that's what he was coached to do. I would guess that some routes are still just dummy routes to draw off defenders.

Have you noticed JG signaling to the RB and blocker behind him? He's sharing information. He is probably changing the hole based on the line call he just made. Those are the kinds of things that point to him having more to do with OL play than many here seem to think.

What we can see and determine is when a player is just beat physically...which is why it is easy to see a lot of faults in the o-line. If you had said that you THINK he makes bad reads and not acted like it was a fact, then I would never say anything.
It is pretty obvious that OL's are getting beat at times. Pruitt hammered Johnson for whiffing on a guy last week. A lot of that simply shouldn't happen. It is mostly mental breakdowns on their part. They're inexcusable. What is the distinction you're trying to make? Are you claiming that JG is a great manager of the O who makes no mistakes? Are you saying that QB's don't impact OL play with decisions and calls?

Just like last year when you stated as if it was a fact that Butch wanted JG to win the job but had to give it to QD because JG didn't know the offense that well.
Do you think QD beat him out by throwing the ball better or more accurately? Why do you think QD was sacked so infrequently while JG was sacked often? Much of decision making is having a confident grasp of the scheme- agree?
You also make a lot of references to him struggling mentally...which I think is another big assumption. Honestly, some of your posts could easily be read as "JG is kind of dumb, but he's got a great arm".
Not at all. I don't think it is an assumption at all. The last staff wouldn't have directly told game announcers that they had to reduce the play book with JG starting if that weren't the case.

But some of the smartest people you'll ever know have to "think about" things before they do them. They struggle with making quick decisions. There are lots of jobs where you want people like that... QB isn't one of them. It has to become a second nature. A "sense". I don't know if you seen it but there was a show a while back on Manning. Reading D's and defenders was so second nature to him that he knew before the snap not only who he was throwing to but where his passing window would be and where the ball had to be placed.

I'm sure you know real life examples. If you weld then you know guys who can do it instinctively. I'm not one of those guys. Most things are difficult for people when they first try them. Some people without regard to their intelligence or anything else... just can't do some things or at least as well as others. Reading a defense and making decisions can be like that.

The new VN layout has a search feature apparently: here's a small taste of what it turned up when I searched for times you've resorted to calling others liars (there were about another 10 pages of results, but quoting it all would just be overkill):

So, yeah. Seems like you've got a bit of a complex. If that's what gets you off each day, then more power to ya, I guess. But don't deny it lol
Complex? You mean like the obsession with my use of the word "lie" rather than actually discussing football?

Not every use of the word "lie" is an accusation of someone being a liar. Not every conditional statement is an accusation of someone being a liar. But you know that... right? You just think you have nits to pick and don't want to let go.

Again though... 34K posts. You aren't even close to doing anything other than trying to make this personal rather than deal with john continuing to claim I said things that I did not say... while knowing I did not say them and being corrected multiple times.

Last edited:
He appears to still struggle with pre and post snap reads. He also isn't distributing the ball well enough. Callaway has 11 receptions. Next highest is Palmer with 4 and Murphy with 3 from JG.

JG made some good throws that I was critical on but he just cant keep throwing to one primary wr all year..Those same throws to Callaway are going to be picks starting next week...Im upset at the fact that Brandon only have two catches all year..Last game no targets..Im going to try and stay positive

VN Store

Back