Tyler Smith

i guess im just used to a "shooter" as in not do anything but shoot like jujan smith or chris lofton.....but im from maryville and both years i have been here our high school team has had nothin but "shooters"

-Travelers33

I can't believe I haven't seen anything on his triple double last night. Per ESPN the first at Tennessee. EVER.

I saw that as well. I am a little surprised that Houston, if nobody else, never had one.

That had been one of my favorite UT trivia questions for years.

Q. Who was the last UT player to record a triple double?
A. Never been done.

I can't use it anymore. Congrats to Tyler.

Assists - just who would Houston have passed to, and expected to score?

I figured two baskets each was about right for the other four starters plus the sixth man.

It is actually a pretty difficult task for anybody but a big 2 or out-on-the floor 3 to achieve. The game just doesn't lend itself to people who can pull down 10 boards to also distribute 10 assists. We haven't had that many prolific shot-blockers to follow that path, either.

A big congrats to Tyler for blowing my mind. I never would've thought that UT had never had a guy post a triple-double.

That said, Kesling talked up how impressive it was that Ty did it in 26 minutes and had no turnovers. Bobbo forgot to mention that Smith missed a TON of easy putbacks and daylight layups. Being there and watching the game, I felt like Tyler didn't really have it on offense. Of course, 10 assists tends to off set your dozen or so missed shots.

A big congrats to Tyler for blowing my mind. I never would've thought that UT had never had a guy post a triple-double.

That said, Kesling talked up how impressive it was that Ty did it in 26 minutes and had no turnovers. Bobbo forgot to mention that Smith missed a TON of easy putbacks and daylight layups. Being there and watching the game, I felt like Tyler didn't really have it on offense. Of course, 10 assists tends to off set your dozen or so missed shots.

Which helped contribute to his Rebound total, thus helping his triple double

Yeah...exactly. I'm not trying to downplay Ty's accomplishments, but it wasn't a DOMINATING performance like Kesling made it out to be. We just looked sluggish last night. It was a bit dissappointing, but its just barely December.

TY Smith is the best player in the SEC. He hits clutch shots, finds the open man, and finishes strong. Also he can guard the athletic PF. The thing w/ Ty is i want to see more of a face up game w/ him b/c he has an excellent mid-range shot.

VN Store

Back