TV Teddy not reffing

He should be able to handle a year off from NCAA officiating.

Is Gene Steratore working the tournament?

Refs are independant contractors, unless the NCAA does it differently than everywhere else.

Personally I think the NCAA should be even harsher on clearly bad refs. Guys like Teddy, Pat Adams, etc. should've been punished multiple times by this point in their careers if they were judged based on merit. Just so happens we are now at a point where social media makes it impossible to ignore the complaints.

Reactions: 6 people
:dance2:

Attachments

• so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.png
    so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 1
There are consequences for your actions. Glad that the NCAA had the guts to not include the clown.

Reactions: 2 people
sounds good...wished it could've been before we played the Hogs, but...what goes around...

GBO!

I personally do not like watching games where he is officiating, but if he apologized and made things right, I don't see where he shouldn't be allowed to officiate in the tournament. At the very least give him some low profile games such as the play-in games to tie him over. The one memory I remember about him is the when he threw Bobby Knight out of a game at Indiana, and Knight walked right past him on the way out with a look I will never forget. He wanted to tear Valentine a new one.

I personally do not like watching games where he is officiating, but if he apologized and made things right, I don't see where he shouldn't be allowed to officiate in the tournament. At the very least give him some low profile games such as the play-in games to tie him over. The one memory I remember about him is the when he threw Bobby Knight out of a game at Indiana, and Knight walked right past him on the way out with a look I will never forget. He wanted to tear Valentine a new one.

I have no problem with their decision. That's great he apologized but doesn't change he acted very unprofessionally and the fact that he whined that he apologized tells me it may not have been 100% sincere.

I have no problem with their decision. That's great he apologized but doesn't change he acted very unprofessionally and the fact that he whined that he apologized tells me it may not have been 100% sincere.

Ted valentine is a joke and has been for years. Another ref that thinks he matters and continously ruins college basketball with his antics

Reactions: 3 people
He was butt hurt over things he read on social media criticizing him. I can’t believe he never knew college basketball fans everywhere have hated him for years! Good riddance TV Teddy. You should have been fired years ago along with Pat Adams and Doug Shows! FINALLY NCAA doing something about the heinous reffing!
Now get rid of Dee Kantor, Brian Enterline and Lisa Mattingly in the women’s game and all is good!!

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know who the bald headed white guy who worked our games in the recent tourney but he is just as bad as TV. GW could not even fart without that dude calling a foul. Must be the foul odor i guess.

I understand that Valentine is actually rated as a technically competent college ref; however, there is probably not a single fan base in college basketball that appreciates his dog and pony show. He tries to be personally prominent in nearly every televised game he officiates. In my view, truly good officials are technically competent, consistent, fair and, for the most part, unseen.

I won't miss TV Teddy one bit and I hope he and the other refs who adopt his approach all retire or are sent to the pines. It is refreshing to see a well played, well officiated game where I never once hear the name of a ref.

No offense to the refs, but I didn't attend or tune in to watch referees put on a show.

I guess that we can all be thankful that his most recent ass showing was against a North Carolina player. If it had happened in a SEC game, he'd probably still be calling tournament games.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back