Tuesday Practice Thread Bama Week

Fingers

Jahmir Johnson, Micah Abernathy and Dominick Wood-Anderson pedaled stationary bikes on the side during open periods of practice today. Jordan Murphy was also working with the training staff on the side.
-David Cobb

Alexis Johnson was a full participant in drills during the media viewing period but was wearing a cast on his right hand/wrist/thumb.

C Brandon Kennedy was also out on the field for the first time during a media viewing period. No pads, obviously, but doing rehab work on his knee in his jersey.
-David Ubben

For the quarterbacks and receivers the individual periods were again about high pointing the ball and some back shoulder stuff building off that success on Saturday.

By the way, I'm not saying that JG would have gone 8-8 like he did on Saturday but he continued to show really good accuracy on the deep stuff again today.

On the offensive line, Jerome Carvin got work at left guard as Jamir Johnson during individual periods were working on the side. Interesting in that Riley Locklear, who had surgery the Monday after Georgia, was dressed and back out on the practice field.

Defensively, plenty of continued footwork and leverage drills for the defensive front. Tracy Rocker did compliment Blakely on a couple of occasions for his quickness saying, "I can work with that".

Pruitt was not with the offense on Tuesday as his attention was with the defensive backs who obviously have a huge challenge this week with the Alabama passing game.
-Brent Hubbs

The season-ending injury to Jonathan Kongbo in the Auburn win suggested Tennessee might make a move to bolster the depth at outside linebacker.

That move on Tuesday was touted freshman JJ Peterson sliding over from inside linebacker, joining Darrell Taylor, Deandre Johnson, Austin Smith, Jordan Allen and Kivon Bennett in going through drills with Chris Rumph.

Pruitt has suggested Peterson is very far behind after his late arrival, and while he's improved his conditioning, he still appears to be out of shape. He doesn't look close to being ready to play, especially on defense against the best team in college football, so his quickest avenue to the field most likely would be special teams.

Of the three players who exited the Auburn win with nagging injuries, only freshman offensive lineman Jerome Carvin was going through drills on Tuesday.

In case Johnson cannot go against the Crimson Tide, it looks likely Carvin would slide into the starting lineup.

Nathan Niehaus continues to work at right guard in between Drew Richmond at right tackle and Ryan Johnson at center.

Linebacker Daniel Bituli cannot play for the first half of Saturday's game after his targeting ejection late against the Tigers, but he is practicing. It looked like Quart'e Sapp got most of the work alongside starter Darrin Kirkland Jr.
-Patrick Brown

nice...Coach Pruitt finally got the O going so he can take a little rest...worried about that guy...also, with the SEC Offensive and Defensive Players of the week going into the Bama game should add a little excitement to the squabble...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OneVolNation
i think it could be considered a victory if we made Bama play Tua in the 4th qtr.

I don't expect to beat them, or really even be within 17-21 points of them in the 4th quarter. As I've said, no injuries and us play hard for 60 minutes would be good. But I'd love to somehow pull it off and laugh at all these condescending sum biscuit eaters saying there is zero chance.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I don't expect to beat them, or really even be within 17-21 points of them in the 4th quarter. As I've said, no injuries and us play hard for 60 minutes would be good. But I'd love to somehow pull it off and laugh at all these condescending sum biscuit eaters saying there is zero chance.
there's zero chance.

(awaits praise for witty response)
latest

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back