Tua Rumor

I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus playing basketball and said, "I just f'd up my knee" and walked off the court to my car and drove home, so being able to walk doesn't mean he didn't do something bad to his knee. That said, I think Tua plays.

A know a guy who is in the know on all things Bama. He said to me, “Tua will be good to go for the 2 quarters we need him.”

He walked off the field. I am guessing he will be good to go. I guarantee Pruitt is planning on him playing.

The second time I tore my meniscus. I walked up the ridge. Climbed 20ft in my Summit climber. Shot a deer. Dressed it out myself and drug it downhill to my truck Drag was probably 500 yards or so. 3 weeks later all of my cartiledge was removed. Don't base him walking off the field as being all is well.

Its not part of the Patella, knee cap. It’s the soft tissue padding between the femur ant the tibia. There are so many variables as it relates to him playing. If he got scoped I doubt he plays. If he did get scoped then the following determines when he comes back: If the meniscus was repaired vs just resected he will be out longer for the repair to heal. If there was any cartilage or other bone work done he will be out a while. If he just had a clean out then he won’t be out long. But a knee scope is still an invasive procedure and takes several days to overcome.
Actually the Meniscus is cartilage kind of like a ball bearing between the bones you mentioned.

If you didn't have to look up how to spell that.. I give you full creds
It's not that difficult to spell. It sounds identical to how it is spelled. However Volnation struggled(s) with Kiffin(Volnation says Kiffen), Dormady(who is Dormandy?), and I assume we see JG on here a lot because Guarantano(few on here even attempt it) is out of the question for some. Still cracks me up when a poster spells Peyton with an A. Haven't seen that one much lately.

I agree. If Hurts starts, I hope we do what Georgia did in the championship game and load the box, shut down the run, and force Hurts to win the game with his arm.

Are you saying that we are as good this year as GA was last year and therefore capable of doing what they did?

It's not that difficult to spell. It sounds identical to how it is spelled. However Volnation struggled(s) with Kiffin(Volnation says Kiffen), Dormady(who is Dormandy?), and I assume we see JG on here a lot because Guarantano(few on here even attempt it) is out of the question for some. Still cracks me up when a poster spells Peyton with an A. Haven't seen that one much lately.
Shockley called him Geronimo yesterday during the broadcast lol

Theres no way I’m playing Tua against TN if I’m Saban. His backup is last years SEC player of the year for God’s sake. Why would you even contemplate playing him if there’s even a remote chance he could reinjure himself? Bama has an open date next week and then goes to LSU. They want and need Tua at 100% for that game.

Actually the Meniscus is cartilage kind of like a ball bearing between the bones you mentioned.
No it’s not. The one cartilage is the smooth covering on the end of the femoral condyles, trochlea, Patella, and the tibia. The meniscus is the soft padding that cushions the knee.

True. Didnt Jamal Lewis run a few more plays after tearing his acl in 98? Memory may be wrong on that but thought he did. Bear Bryant played with a broken leg. Justin Hunter walked off the field by himself after tearing acl. Never know

Jamal Lewis tore his ACL, came out for a play or two, came back in (they said it was a sprained knee at the time), and ran the ball again for 21 yards - on a torn ACL - before coming out for good. And you're right, he was almost superhuman. Go Vols!

Reactions: GRN1926
No it’s not. The one cartilage is the smooth covering on the end of the femoral condyles, trochlea, Patella, and the tibia. The meniscus is the soft padding that cushions the knee.
You are wrong. It is the same type of tissue that makes up your ear which is cartilage. Might want to research before calling out a physician of over 40 years.

You are wrong. It is the same type of tissue that makes up your ear which is cartilage. Might want to research before calling out a physician of over 40 years.

Since you have been in practice for over 40 years then you know the difference between hyaline cartilage and fibrocartilage. Hyaline cartilage is avascular. Meniscus is the latter type, it’s flexible, a cushion. It’s vascular, which is why it can be repaired.

So if we are being super specific then meniscus is a fibrocartilage. But I have never heard it being described like a ball and bearing. The majority of the time when knee cartilage is discussed, we are talking about articular cartilage.

And hey I didn’t mean to “call you out”. Just having a friendly discussion.

I have said this before, but when you "call" wins for 3 years and every single week, you aren't really "calling" ****.

I didn't call for us to beat Georgia. I only said we would keep it close in the 4th quarter. Which we did. So please stop lying and start paying attention.

I've had us beating Alabama all off-season. I marked that game as the one where we officially arrive.

VN Store

Back