Trump says US will institute tariffs on steel and aluminum imports next week

Trump draws fresh battle lines with China by withdrawing from shipping treaty

President Trump's administration formally initiated withdrawal proceedings from an international shipping agreement that it feels gives China and others an unfair advantage.

Two senior administration officials told reporters Wednesday that the State Department initiated the withdrawal process from the Universal Postal Union, a sub-agency of the United Nations that organizes postal service policies across member countries. On the domestic front, the Trump administration is going to begin the process of self-declaring postal rates.

Manufacturers have long complained that the UPU's rules allow packages of up to 4.4 lbs to be shipped from certain countries at the same rate for flat mail and this has allowed foreign companies to undercut U.S. competitors. Among the countries that get this preferred rate is China, a policy set up in 1969 when its economy was still developing. White House officials estimated that this rate has amounted to a $300 million annual subsidy.

The administration is solely focused on packages under 4.4 lbs, which both administration officials noted can cost 40-70 percent more to ship domestically than abroad.

"It costs less to ship a package from New York City to Beijing than it does from San Francisco to New York," one administration official said, adding that the U.S. loses some $300 million annually because of higher domestic shipping rates.

Say what you want about him but he is finding things like this that we ( assuming here ) never knew that existed that have been working against our interests and benifiting other countries ... I like he’s taking the “death but a thousand cuts “way myself . He’s not sitting around doing nothing for sure .

Lol, not sure our boats are jaws proof. But interesting enough, one of our boats is in New Bern NC. New Bern took a huge hit from that latest hurricane. I heard from the owner and he said there were 10 boats within a 100 feet of him on all.sides. They all currently reside at the bottom of the river. He sent me a picture and his was literally the last boat standing. Already working on the marketing campaign. 😁
You have any pics of your finished products?

President Trump's administration formally initiated withdrawal proceedings from an international shipping agreement that it feels gives China and others an unfair advantage.

Two senior administration officials told reporters Wednesday that the State Department initiated the withdrawal process from the Universal Postal Union, a sub-agency of the United Nations that organizes postal service policies across member countries. On the domestic front, the Trump administration is going to begin the process of self-declaring postal rates.

Manufacturers have long complained that the UPU's rules allow packages of up to 4.4 lbs to be shipped from certain countries at the same rate for flat mail and this has allowed foreign companies to undercut U.S. competitors. Among the countries that get this preferred rate is China, a policy set up in 1969 when its economy was still developing. White House officials estimated that this rate has amounted to a $300 million annual subsidy.

The administration is solely focused on packages under 4.4 lbs, which both administration officials noted can cost 40-70 percent more to ship domestically than abroad.

"It costs less to ship a package from New York City to Beijing than it does from San Francisco to New York," one administration official said, adding that the U.S. loses some $300 million annually because of higher domestic shipping rates.

I prefer this approach over tariffs.

You have any pics of your finished products?
IMG_4981.JPGIMG_4989.JPG
img_0915-1-jpg.172602
IMG_3775.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0915[1].JPG
    IMG_0915[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 302
Reactions: n_huffhines
I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t that .. those are sweet!
You bring a whole new meaning to the phrase house boat , I would look at another one same again. Lol
A lot if people think of floating home when someone says houseboat. Ours are real boats that you can drive. We've had customers travel thousands of miles on them on the river system.

A lot if people think of floating home when someone says houseboat. Ours are real boats that you can drive. We've had customers travel thousands of miles on them on the river system.

I meant no disrespect that’s all I’ve ever known them by but you bring a whole new meaning to comfort just from the looks of it .

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Those folks have a ton of money because it takes that much to fuel them up....

Impressive .... how long does it typically take to build one?
I had a customer that was next door to Gibson boats and I always wanted to go inside and check out how they're built and etc
It depends on the complexity and size. Usually 4-6 months. If you are ever in Ktown, I'll gladly give you the dime tour.

VN Store

Back