Trump Rolls Back Anti-Franchising Regs

Just as I thought. Can't get one intelligent well thought out response. You guys sure like to avoid accountability.

Just as I thought. Can't get one intelligent well thought out response. You guys sure like to avoid accountability.

No counselor, it's you that want's to assign accountability to the party with the deepest pockets not necessarily who's really at fault.

Reactions: McDad
Only an attorney would compose a 12 page response when the word "both" is the answer.

Is it just a deep pockets issue or is there shared liability in a situation such as this? You have hurled the insult. Are you ready to walk it back?

Is it just a deep pockets issue or is there shared liability in a situation such as this? You have hurled the insult. Are you ready to walk it back?

If you took it as an "insult" it must have struck a nerve. I stated a fact of our current society, nothing more.

But, the answer is again, "both".

Despite their claims otherwise the right wingers really try to avoid accepting responsibility for their actions.

Out of curiosity... Here is a hypothetical for you.

Let's say Franchisor has a Franchisee and as part of their agreement Franchisee must use all products sold by Franchisor and when updates are required at the restaurant, Franchisee must adhere to all specs set forth by Franchisor. Franchisor sells floor cleaner to Franchisee for many years without incident. Franchisor, as part of an update, requires Franchisee to replace floors with an updated modern material that is supposed to be more durable.

After the floors are updated, a customer comes and slips and breaks her hip and fractures her skull. After this accident it is discovered that the floor cleaner leaves an invisible residue on the floor which causes them to be extremely slick for people wearing shoes that do not have a rubber sole. The customer has hospital bills in excess of $650,000.00. Who is liable for her injuries?
The manufacturer of the cleaning product.

**** happens... oh wait. Lawyers always want to assign blame.

Law school 101 tells them there is no such thing as an accident.

**** happens... oh wait. Lawyers always want to assign blame.

Law school 101 tells them there is no such thing as an accident.

Just because it's an accident doesn't mean that someone should escape liability. Lack of intent doesn't change the result. In the hypothetical I used someone had 650k in bills plus a life of pain and problems and you believe that the injured person should just eat it because it was an accident?

Despite their claims otherwise the right wingers really try to avoid accepting responsibility for their actions.

Let's say Franchisor has a Franchisee and as part of their agreement Franchisee must use all products sold by Franchisor and when updates are required at the restaurant, Franchisee must adhere to all specs set forth by Franchisor. Franchisor sells floor cleaner to Franchisee for many years without incident. Franchisor, as part of an update, requires Franchisee to replace floors with an updated modern material that is supposed to be more durable.

After the floors are updated, a customer comes and slips and breaks her hip and fractures her skull. After this accident it is discovered that the floor cleaner leaves an invisible residue on the floor which causes them to be extremely slick for people wearing shoes that do not have a rubber sole. The customer has hospital bills in excess of $650,000.00. Who is liable for her injuries?
It’s Trump’s fault!! Duh.

So your solution is to have the big bad .gov oversee it all and protect us cradle to grave, right? Should be lots of lawyerin' to be done for generations. The .gov has a bottomless pit of money, and when clients bleed out you move on to the next poor sap that would be foolish enough to think he could win.
That's clearwater's wet dream.

Understood. Counter point, just because H&R got stung doesnt mean all franchise relationships should automatically bring liability to the franchiser.

The franchises I've looked into and the few my friend in Georgia owns have outlined very clearly the responsibilities and liability of both parties.

Does your friend own a few franchises of Chick-fil-A?

He needs to be my friend if so.

Reactions: McDad and Obsessed

The floor cleaner manufacturer - seems like a pretty clear case of product liability. Do you hold stores responsible for selling cigarettes?

Reactions: McDad
The floor cleaner manufacturer - seems like a pretty clear case of product liability. Do you hold stores responsible for selling cigarettes?
That's who I said as well. It didn't spark any conversation though.

VN Store

Back