Trump & Child Separation

This is all a bunch of BS. This crap was going on before Trump, some of the pictures used to show the children in "cages" were taken during the Obama Administration.

Aren't any of y'all just a little suspicious that all of the liberal media brought out and jumped on this "story" at the same time?

You should be.

Follow the law and there isn't a problem.

Spare me your moral outrage. Illegal immigrants use their children as a means to get into this country. If the parents bringing these children to this country had subjected them to the dangers that they did to try and get here and did the same endangerment in the US, they would be arrested for abuse and child endangerment.

Anyone who comes here illegally should immediately be returned to the country that they crossed in from. That way there is no separation. Come back again and face the consequences until immigration reform takes place. No more free passes.

Your post asking to be spared from moral outrage is slap full of moral outrage. Pretty funny.....

Reactions: 5 people
The example you have cited is not uncommon. If Trump is proud of what's happening at the border, why doesn't he take responsibility for it? His popularity in Texas has tanked to what should be an alarming degree for his party and this is why. I can't wait for him to have to explain this in a debate, like I said earlier. This is some quality ammunition.

His explanation will go something like this......democrats' fault, fake news, democrats' fault, fake news.......

36% will buy it

Reactions: 3 people
People are making choices to improve their families' lives. They can't wait around for us to figure it out.

I knew an illegal family in Nashville that was super poor in Mexico and then here. Lived 7 in a single wide. 15 years later, their oldest daughter married a minister, has 3 kids, and thry can afford to take her entire family to the Bahamas. This is the American dream and you have to seize it. If they waited for us to fix the law, they'd still be poor in Mexico.

I don’t blame them. But they must follow our laws. Nobody is entitled to come to America.

Reactions: 1 person
That whole freedom vs. safety and security trade off.
The right likes to act like they would not sacrifice any freedom for safety and security. (which is a self delusional load of crap anyway)

I’m sure they’re only complaint is Leavitt getting Obama phone and when I checked in

Whatever happened to DACA? Oh that’s right, the Dems haven’t moved forward on this.

This is typical of a Trumpet. The Republicans have control of the White House, the House of Representatives and the Senate and yet bear no responsibility for anything. That just doesn't hold water.

The illegals bring the kids HOPING that they will not be stopped BECAUSE they have kids........nothing immoral or cruel about giving these kids BETTER care than they are receiving from their own parents.......I have no problem with this policy and didn't when Obama also used/did it........

Reactions: 2 people
This is typical of a Trumpet. The Republicans have control of the White House, the House of Representatives and the Senate and yet bear no responsibility for anything. That just doesn't hold water.

The Dems promised to shut down the .gov and they caved.

Was that just a dream?

The illegals bring the kids HOPING that they will not be stopped BECAUSE they have kids........nothing immoral or cruel about giving these kids BETTER care than they are receiving from their own parents.......I have no problem with this policy and didn't when Obama also used/did it........

Damn, that sure is one bent all to s*** moral compass you've got there.

Reactions: 7 people
Please explain why.....

*If I'm reading you correctly* .... There is nothing immoral or cruel in taking these kids away from their parents because, in your estimation, their quality of life would improve? And if those kids just happen to love those parents and are at risk of being scarred by this separation, that doesn't factor anywhere in the equation? This is especially cruel.

Reactions: 4 people
I dont see how anyone supports this, but im not surprised at the amount of people here on VN. Trump is blatantly using these poor kids as hostages. Basically telling democrats he will keep separating familes until they agree to fund his idiotic wall.

That's how deals and compromises work. This is what will happen until you bend. Probably something you should have learned in school - like if you don't do the assignment, you get an F for not doing so - your choice to follow rules or not, but there are consequences if you don't.

*If I'm reading you correctly* .... There is nothing immoral or cruel in taking these kids away from their parents because, in your estimation, their quality of life would improve? And if those kids just happen to love those parents and are at risk of being scarred by this separation, that doesn't factor anywhere in the equation? This is especially cruel.

I tell ya what BB.........take the 6 months of classes and certification process to become a foster family........foster kids that come from these "families" that you defend as "loving".......have those kids tell you their stories of abuse and cruelty........actually adopt one of those kids and put him through 8 years of private schools and give him a real chance at a life.......THEN come back and we will talk about "MORALS".........

Trump is 100% the bad guy. There is no law requiring immediate arrest and separation.

Trump is refusing to address this as a way to force a comprehensive immigration bill that includes funding for the wall. He views this as playing to his political advantage. (which is an extremely sad commentary if you actually think about what that says)

There shouldn't be a new "comprehensive" immigration bill - just follow what we've got, and do a separate bill for the wall. Simple.

They drag their families here knowing full well our policies are a mess and that the odds of everyone getting into the US are in their favor... and they know now is the time to get it done... the Dems will continue to push back on any policy change and nothing gets done at the border. It is what it is right now... Trump is trying to right some wrongs and his odds are worse than ole Sisyphus.

They drag their families here knowing full well our policies are a mess and that the odds of everyone getting into the US are in their favor... and they know now is the time to get it done... the Dems will continue to push back on any policy change and nothing gets done at the border. It is what it is right now... Trump is trying to right some wrongs and his odds are worse than ole Sisyphus.

If people could see the way that these families game the system, no one would question that MOST of these kids are better off in foster care.........not all, but most, and I speak from 13 years of experience......

There shouldn't be a new "comprehensive" immigration bill - just follow what we've got, and do a separate bill for the wall. Simple.

Does following what we've got include a continuation of the current border policy of immediate arrest and separation?

If people could see the way that these families game the system, no one would question that MOST of these kids are better off in foster care.........not all, but most, and I speak from 13 years of experience......

I commend you for that. It's easy to reach incorrect judgements of people in an anonymous forum such as this. It's a great thing that you (and others) open your home to kids in need and you would be more qualified to talk about this subject than I am.

I commend you for that. It's easy to reach incorrect judgements of people in an anonymous forum such as this. It's a great thing that you (and others) open your home to kids in need and you would be more qualified to talk about this subject than I am.

Thanks You.........on the surface it looks bad to separate the kids, but the "rest of the story" is not being told by the media and those that just want to use this for political gain......

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks You.........on the surface it looks bad to separate the kids, but the "rest of the story" is not being told by the media and those that just want to use this for political gain......

So the unnecessary (and not legally required) separation of kids from their families is just a "superficial" aspect of the story?

Democrats wanting to protect children and the sanctity of the family is now pawn-usage?

Yes, you people hate the family. That's why you encourage abortion and praise single parent families. You communists only want unfettered immigration for votes. This is why you guys should be tried for treason.

Reactions: 6 people

The media is hiding the rest of the story. They don't want facts.

Reactions: 4 people
WaPo spinning a story to put the Right in a bad light? Hard to believe.

I'm surprised that they included this sound reasoning at all... even though it's at the bottom where it often doesn't get read:

Others have argued that the main benefit of the policy is deterrence. Miller has said internally that the child separations will bring the numbers down at the border, a goal that Trump wants to achieve. Miller and Marc Short, the White House director of legislative affairs, have argued that immigration legislation is unlikely to pass this summer, officials said.

“The side effect of zero tolerance is that fewer people will come up illegally, and fewer minors would be put in danger,” said a third senior administration official. “What is more dangerous to a minor, the 4,000-mile journey to America or the short-term detention of their parents?”

VN Store

Back