Trump & Child Separation

So you would have preferred it if your broke ass ancestors, don’t know when that was in your family but for all of us it existed, that they have not procreated and you would not be here today? And before you go the government hand out rout, how the hell could you possibly know what hand outs they took. From the government or from whomever.
LOL.. My ancestors were dirt poor farmers in the Midwest. They needed kids to help with the farm (Like most people in those days) Pretty sure there were little if any 'handouts' available to them. You remember what the Depression was all about? People then would do anything to earn a few bucks. My grandfather drove from southern Missouri to St Louis to buy used tires to sell to earn money. Of course that kind of thing is so far beneath today's democrats it isn't even funny. (And he voted for Harry Truman)

And other than your snarky comment, you didn't address the issue I brought up. Why should you get tax credits/deductions for having children? You are adding a bigger burden on the infrastructure, yet paying less for that burden. How is that 'fair'?

LOL.. My ancestors were dirt poor farmers in the Midwest. They needed kids to help with the farm (Like most people in those days) Pretty sure there were little if any 'handouts' available to them. You remember what the Depression was all about? People then would do anything to earn a few bucks. My grandfather drove from southern Missouri to St Louis to buy used tires to sell to earn money. Of course that kind of thing is so far beneath today's democrats it isn't even funny. (And he voted for Harry Truman)

And other than your snarky comment, you didn't address the issue I brought up. Why should you get tax credits/deductions for having children? You are adding a bigger burden on the infrastructure, yet paying less for that burden. How is that 'fair'?
Never said in any post you should get tax credits. I am a fair tax guy

Well then we are not that different then. If you choose to have a bunch of kids and can't afford them, that's YOUR problem not mine.
Don’t disagree. Just not going to slam someone for living in third world country trying to come over. Not her fault our **** is broken.

Don’t disagree. Just not going to slam someone for living in third world country trying to come over. Not her fault our **** is broken.
I suppose not, but it is not our responsibility that her **** was broken either. I am not un-sympathetic, but we cannot save the whole world.

Would you prefer her to risk her child’s life on the dangerous journey over? Mom too old kid too young perhaps. Someone had to step up to make sure the kid didn’t die from starvation perhaps. Huff is right on this. I don’t blame the immigrants for coming. Everyone wants to make their life better, and if I had to crawl through a sewer of **** to feed my family and break a law in the process, I damn sure would. And yes as heart breaking as it would be to leave my kid with my mom it sure as hell beats her starving to death.

Wait was all of that in that article ? How was the mom not fit to take her kid with her by grandma was ? Come on , I think we are embellishing without facts .

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
As a law abiding citizen of course.

I guarantee you break the law, probably every day.

I'm saying if she tried to come legally and was denied for no good reason (she's not a known criminal), so then she snuck across the border, would it make a difference to you?

I guarantee you break the law, probably every day.

I'm saying if she tried to come legally and was denied for no good reason (she's not a known criminal), so then she snuck across the border, would it make a difference to you?

If I break the law and get caught I deal with the consequences. Same as her.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
ICE Nominee Refuses to Rule Out Future Family Separations

President Trump’s nominee to run U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said separating families at the border could be an option for the future to deter future migrants to cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

The White House is currently considering a policy that would give detained parents awaiting deportation hearings an option to either remain detained with their children for an indefinite amount of time or allow their children to be separated and taken to a government shelter for another relative or guardian to take custody of them.

ICE nominee refuses to rule out future family separations

Should my level of concern make any difference to the moral quality of the act?

Of course it should; liberals got on their little soapboxes over a year ago to cry foul regarding criminals being separated from other criminals, then went radio silent only to now resume beating the drum on behalf of the "downtrodden."

This will blow over in a matter of days because the left doesn't really care, and the left doesn't really care because it's not nearly as big a deal as you're pretending it to be at this very instant.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Of course it should; liberals got on their little soapboxes over a year ago to cry foul regarding criminals being separated from other criminals, then went radio silent only to now resume beating the drum on behalf of the "downtrodden."

This will blow over in a matter of days because the left doesn't really care, and the left doesn't really care because it's not nearly as big a deal as you're pretending it to be at this very instant.

That's a nice, defensible moral theory you got going there. I'm sure the big guy upstairs would approve of the enlightened moral being that you've become.

That's a nice, defensible moral theory you got going there. I'm sure the big guy upstairs would approve of the enlightened moral being that you've become.

I see you just conveniently overlooked where the "story" you quoted was debunked. But hey, any chance to rip Trump and Christians is a good day for you right "counselor?"

VN Store

Back