Trump called Roseanne Barr to congratulate her on huge ratings success

While Fox's 'Last Man Standing' Outperforms ABC's, 'The Conners' Premiere Can't Live Up To 'Roseanne'

While the ABC-dropped "Last Man Standing" continues to rule the Friday night ratings battle over at Fox, the premiere of ABC's Roseanne-free spinoff of "Roseanne" aired Tuesday night and barely managed to attain half the record-setting opening of its precursor.

"Roseanne," starring the pro-Trump Roseanne Barr, shocked the television world back in March by earning a stunning 18.2 million viewers (5.1 rating in the key demo) in its debut. Before the show came to a screeching halt after Barr infamously tweeted that former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett was the love child of the Muslim Brotherhood and "Planet of the Apes," viewership had tapered off to a still solid 10.3 million (2.4 rating).

"The Conners" opened Tuesday at about where "Roseanne" left off. "The debut airing delivered 10.5 million viewers and a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49," Entertainment Weekly's James Hibberd reports. "That’s down 55 percent from the premiere of Roseanne last spring, but was on par with Roseanne‘s finale and even managed to edge out NBC’s This Is Us for the night."

The spin-off's numbers roughly meet the expectations of marketing analysts, who found that interest in the Roseanne-less show was tracking at roughly half the viewership of the original, Hibberd notes.

Meanwhile, the Fox reboot of the widely popular show that ABC inexplicably dropped last year, "Last Man Standing," starring conservative Tim Allen, has dominated the competition on Friday nights, averaging 8 million viewers and a 1.8 rating in its premiere. Variety reports:
While Fox's 'Last Man Standing' Outperforms ABC's, 'The Conners' Premiere Can't Live Up To 'Roseanne'

Roseanne has always been known for doing things just to make people mad. It’s like when she butchered the Star Spangled Banner. She’s not much different than the Ali G character or Eric Andre.

Roseanne has always been known for doing things just to make people mad. It’s like when she butchered the Star Spangled Banner. She’s not much different than the Ali G character or Eric Andre.

Ehh, Ali G is a character. Eric Andre did a prank show and people didn't know who he was.

I don't think Roseanne wanted to make people mad with the SSB. I think she thought it was funny. I gotta admit, the ending makes me laugh every time. She's not doing a bit here, man. Come on.

Reactions: Septic

yikes-shocked-face-prince-7uew8a2oklzp4p2z.gif

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Just a reminder that you can be a bigot against your own kind. We hear people say, "How can he be a white supremacist when he's brown?" or whatever. Then we hear, "I married an immigrant." Or "I'm friends with Jewish people." Or "I adopted a black kid." and they think it gives them license to take whatever stance they want, but some people hate their own kind, or can love people from a group and still have bigotry towards the group (parents of a gay kid is the most obvious example) and/or can still push a white supremacist/hateful agenda. Roseanne is not the first Jewish person to hate the Jews. Bobby Fisher, for example.

Just a reminder that you can be a bigot against your own kind. We hear people say, "How can he be a white supremacist when he's brown?" or whatever. Then we hear, "I married an immigrant." Or "I'm friends with Jewish people." Or "I adopted a black kid." and they think it gives them license to take whatever stance they want, but some people hate their own kind, or can love people from a group and still have bigotry towards the group (parents of a gay kid is the most obvious example) and/or can still push a white supremacist/hateful agenda. Roseanne is not the first Jewish person to hate the Jews. Bobby Fisher, for example.
George Soros.0

Ehh, Ali G is a character. Eric Andre did a prank show and people didn't know who he was.

I don't think Roseanne wanted to make people mad with the SSB. I think she thought it was funny. I gotta admit, the ending makes me laugh every time. She's not doing a bit here, man. Come on.

Rosanne vs. Carl Lewis for the SSB title!

Reactions: n_huffhines
Amazing the number of people in here who don’t understand jokes and sarcasm.

“Biden got 81 million votes, and no one died in the Holocaust”

Y’all should watch more than just selectively edited clips in the future

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

If you took “she hates Jews” from this clip, I feel bad for you

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

Lol. Poor victim

Reactions: OrangeBoro
If anyone actually cares, it starts at about 1:12:30

Immediately after she even defends the fact that there’s “so many Jews in Hollywood”. Paraphrasing but “of course there are, we started it. No one is ever shocked there’s a lot of black people in rap. Hello, we started it”.

You have to have a room temperature IQ to believe this was an antisemitic rant.

VN Store

Back