Trouble in Gainsville

Listened to an interview with Heath Eslinger last week. Former wrestling coach, who is now working with the FCA, and he made the comment that talent gets you there, character keeps you there.

Eslinger is phenomenal. Gonna be tough to fill his shoes at UTC. He was at Bradley Central when I was in at Soddy Daisy. Great coach and even better man.

If everyone keeps claiming that we are going to lose then you’re giving the words life!!

There is power in words.. never see a self made successful person talk negative. I believe in the Bible and it’s spoken there a many times. Why does everyone keep claiming we are going to find a way to lose?

Reactions: malinoisvol
If everyone keeps claiming that we are going to lose then you’re giving the words life!!

There is power in words.. never see a self made successful person talk negative. I believe in the Bible and it’s spoken there a many times. Why does everyone keep claiming we are going to find a way to lose?

Because its Florida. Look at the series between us and them. We should have been 4-1 against them recently. Yet somehow, we managed 1-4. And that lone win was mainly due to Dobbs playing superhuman. There is no real rational argument to think we will beat UF.

C76482D0-8500-4C6F-9369-686F5A4E58AB.jpeg

More info on the situation maybe? If they took those discounts, does that mean they received impermissible benefits? 🤔

View attachment 161075

More info on the situation maybe? If they took those discounts, does that mean they received impermissible benefits? 🤔

I don't know what the rules are on that, but if it's true then if I were coach I'd kick every involved player off the team. They get a free sandwich here or there, whatever. But free stuff from a known illegal gambler betting on their games?

Has to be a zero tolerance policy.

Reactions: governmentmule
I don't know if the latest news about discounts is the real concern - I think the current culture in Gainesville is a problem and I agree with lawgator in that they have to go. Winning could make this go away, but the real ugly will come out of they start losing.

I don't know what the rules are on that, but if it's true then if I were coach I'd kick every involved player off the team. They get a free sandwich here or there, whatever. But free stuff from a known illegal gambler betting on their games?

Has to be a zero tolerance policy.

If that info is true then things just got real in Gville. I don't expect this to end like the AL suit thing either. I mean its different when you are winning NC's.

I understand some people don't come from the best background, but athletes in college have it made in a lot of ways. I was just a non-revenue wrestler...and we had it made for the most part. I can only imagine how good it is for a Power 5 football player.

View attachment 161075

tenor.gif

Because we usually do.

VN Store

Back