Trey Smith talks about Third Saturday In October and what it means to him

TrentVol

For me, this is probably my favorite Tennessee rivalry," Jackson, Tenn., native Smith said before Tuesday' practice. "When I was growing up, I was a big Alabama fan. There's no hiding that. My room back home's crimson. I've watched them growing up my whole life. For me, I always told myself growing up, 'I'm going to be in this rivalry game. I'll either be wearing crimson or orange.' I made my decision, I'm wearing orange.

"This rivalry means a lot to me. Just seeing how it's turned these last couple years, you know, just talking, we want to turn it around. For me, this is my favorite rivalry game and it's a game I look forward to every year"

Trey Smith had a Choice between Commiting to Bama or UT and stuck with his home state.

"Just coming on visits here, I started falling in love with the campus, the rich tradition," Smith said. "Hearing the passionate stories of like Al Wilson, Trey Teague from my hometown, thinking about Pat Summitt — everything that makes Tennessee special, that orange, 'Rocky Top' — it started turning me, man. I fell in love with this place."

"
The Tennessee-Alabama rivalry, the coaches talked about it for a long time, it's a very special tradition, man," Smith said. "We owe it to the people who played in crimson and orange these past few years to come out and execute well and play well.

"They're a good, physical football team. It's a classic Alabama team. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of the people in that locker room. (It's) the same mindset as any other team. We've got to execute and just physically beat our opponents. Same thing, give us a chance."

Trey Smith explains why Vols-Bama is his 'favorite rivalry game'

#73 bleeds Orange , glad he realized being a VOLUNTEER was the right choice!

Trey Smith had a Choice between Commiting to Bama or UT and stuck with his home state.

"

Trey Smith explains why Vols-Bama is his 'favorite rivalry game'

#73 bleeds Orange , glad he realized being a VOLUNTEER was the right choice!
This points out a problem that our UT can't overcome. Location, Location, Location.... Jackson Tennessee and West Tn. for the most part have been for most of the last 118 years been closer (time wise) to T-town Ala. than T-town Tn. The two big helps UT has had over my 50+awareness years was Jackson Tn.'s radio station and the yearly games (both football and once in awhile basketball) that were played "over here". Don't remember Bama on radio or playing in west tn.

Reactions: TrentVol

VN Store

Back