Trade Deadline Thread

Bears getting Sweat from Washington surprised me and Dobbs should get the starting job in Minnesota.

Bears getting Sweat from Washington surprised me and Dobbs should get the starting job in Minnesota.
I think both Sweat and Young were nearing the end of their contracts. There had been speculation that Washington would likely deal one or both.
— Just saw that the 49ers acquired Chase Young.

Dobbs was a good pick up for the Vikings.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Why? To make their draft pick worse? If Sweat walks this is a disaster

You would think that the Bears had some inkling of an agreement to sign him long term. If not, dumb trade for sure. It's not like Chicago is in "win now" mode.

I've seen multiple talking heads make the same stupid point...49ers used a compensatory pick to get Chase Young. Who cares if it's compensatory? A late 3rd rd pick is a late 3rd rd pick. The fact that it's an extra pick makes no difference. The asset is the asset, regardless of how you acquired it. You're not making a special deal just because you used an irregular pick.

I've seen multiple talking heads make the same stupid point...49ers used a compensatory pick to get Chase Young. Who cares if it's compensatory? A late 3rd rd pick is a late 3rd rd pick. The fact that it's an extra pick makes no difference. The asset is the asset, regardless of how you acquired it. You're not making a special deal just because you used an irregular pick.
Comp picks aren't doled out until a few weeks before the draft. What comp pick is this?

Comp picks aren't doled out until a few weeks before the draft. What comp pick is this?
They got a third round pick because the Titans hired Ran Carthon to be their GM. He was the director of pro personnel for the 49ers.

Reactions: Sea Ray

VN Store

Back