Total War: Warhammer

yeah a lot of others would have made more sense, but Vamps have always been their favorite. after this they will have 9 LLs.

Kislev/TEB/Dogs of War would have all made more sense.
additional wood elfs, Suddenland, would have been new outside the box factions. playable New World Colonies/Skeggi would have also brought the coasts of the new world to life.

Maybe they'll surprise us with more LL's for other factions. Damn, The Empire could use some, too. Haven't seen a new LL since the G&G DLC.

the new roster is out. doesn't seem like there is all that much in it. I am still wondering if they are going to supplement with normal VC units? Seems like half their roster is zombies. zombie two swords, zombie halberd, zombie pistol, zombie rifle, zombie grenade.

Vamps are getting blood line lords & abilities. Kemmler is getting his own faction, i will be interested to see his starting location. and the dark elves are getting their pirate lord Fellheart.

and still nothing for the Lizards. getting really super fricking salty at this point.

Vamps are getting blood line lords & abilities. Kemmler is getting his own faction, i will be interested to see his starting location. and the dark elves are getting their pirate lord Fellheart.

and still nothing for the Lizards. getting really super fricking salty at this point.

You know better than most it takes them time to spawn in from the pools!

You know better than most it takes them time to spawn in from the pools!
i just hate how CA works. half asses something for the good guys, says see look no one likes them and they dont sell. then they pull out all the stops for the bad guys and it does well and they say see the bad guys do sell better.

Vampire Coasts are pretty broke. All the recruitment. seriously all of it. You get global, local, ship/horde, and raise the dead. Some of their abilities/traits are broke as heck. and their tech is amazing. if you cut their tech in half it would still be good tech. 10% replenishment, 20% ward save banner, +10 army wide leadership (killer for zombies), just about everything you can think of gets a tech that is pretty darn nice. upkeep reductions, income increase, immunity to various attritions, troop replenishment rates, range distance, ammo, damage, AP damage, reload rate etc.

about the only thing that holds me back is there is so much to do its hard to focus on anything. they introduced a lot of Rogue Pirate fleets that you have to fight. they are always there floating around but will randomly attack your fleets. Randomly generated fleets to again attack you. Normal problems with expansion, now with all the factions out there you are crowded anywhere you try to expand. and because you are "pirates" most factions declare on you whenever they see you and will attack with one army then run away. then you have whatever quests come up and all the pieces of 8 and treasure map stuff to do.

oh yeah they also have a rite which gives them free money. at least 1500, but could be pretty much infinite. its 500 per a certain building type you can get at all your capitals.

The Necrofex is definitely my favorite unit since Wild Riders first dropped.
its decent. I hate the model for it. Its the only one I can think of in the game that just straight up couldn't work/doesn't make sense.

also I have found it really easy to kill with my DEs. 4 units of darkshards will pretty much kill it in one volley. of course that goes for most things......

rumblings of another patch coming for the holidays.

pathfinding in sieges seems like it has gotten worse. Vamps are broken as hell. there is a leadership bug where they don't face a penalty for the general/characters being dead. also one where they ignore army losses.

rumblings of another patch coming for the holidays.

pathfinding in sieges seems like it has gotten worse. Vamps are broken as hell. there is a leadership bug where they don't face a penalty for the general/characters being dead. also one where they ignore army losses.
I just don't understand, after the previous TW games, how sieges are SO bad in this one. Unless I'm using an artillery heavy faction (VCoast/Empire/Skaven/Dwarves) or defending a close one, I just autoresolve most sieges.

Some of my very favorite gaming moments were in Medieval:TW2, assaulting and defending Jerusalem against 10k armies of infidels. It's beyond me that the same company made sieges in this game.

Some of my very favorite gaming moments were in Medieval:TW2, assaulting and defending Jerusalem against 10k armies of infidels. It's beyond me that the same company made sieges in this game.
Yeah I agree. Pretty much nothing works like it should

so nothing new for 2 until after Three Kingdoms comes out. which isn't until March. there was supposed to be another patch or 2, and a FLC.

I am probably not getting Three Kingdoms. Spies can now cause armies to rebel, or you lose units. This is a huge step backwards to something we didn't need. May get it later once I know there are some good mods to remove agents. This is the first game mechanic, as in one single mechanic, that will keep me from getting a game.

New DLC comes out the 17th of this month I believe. The Prophet & the Warlock.

Lizards vs Skaven.

new lords, and new units.

Skaven get a lot more ranged units from Clan Skyre, and the Lizards look to get more dinosaurs.

From the trailer it looks like both will start in Lustria. Wouldn't mind if the skaven got Skavenblight in the old world.

Can't believe they are passing on Grey Seer Thanquol & Bonecrusher. He is the biggest (most famous) skaven character in the game.

Update and FLC look legit even if you don't get the DLC.

Excited about new regions and province reworks should be interesting. Including the addition of Mordheim!

Mordheim is a real exciting addition. It is located in the Empire and has a real interesting history, the Empire, Skaven, and Vamps should all have a landmark building there. They never exactly locate it but it should be north of Averheim on the river. right near Ostermark Province and Talabheim Province.

Its kinda a Sodom & Gomorrah reference. Insanely rich and decadent city that was wiped out some time in the past, I think 200ish years before the game takes place when Emperor Magnus was coming to power. It was destroyed by (part) of the Twin Tailed comet, which pretty much every faction has a different explanation for. The Twin Tailed comet is one that shows up though various times in history to mark great events. Birth of Sigmar, the God Emperor who founded the Empire, a couple important Lizardmen battles, both vs daemons and skaven, the elfs read signs in it, so on and so forth. If you have looked up any Warhammer lore/stories you have likely seen the picture of the twin tailed comet.

Anyway Mordheim was smashed by part of the comet and utterly destroyed, more so than the physical effects can account for. I can't remember if the lore makes a distinction on if the comet was Warpstone (skaven stuff that is literal Chaos in rock form), or if the comet just uncovered a warpstone deposit beneath the city. But now because of the warpstone and whatever god's wrath the city is cursed and haunted. not just by ghosts, and undead. but mutants, skaven, chaos, vamps, ogres. just about anyone. They even made a sub-game (table top and computer) called Mordheim based on treasure hunters coming to loot the city. For both the actual treasure, and the warpstone, and just to cleanse and reclaim it.

I really hope in WTW2 it starts off as a ruin with a couple rouge armies defending it, made up of a true mismash of units. it would be the one time those armies are really loreful. If no LL lord starts there in the adjustments I could see it becoming a Dog of War city in the future just with all the mercenaries involved.

b16q8zn5njg3.jpg

Skaven actually seem playable now. the UnderEmpire thing is legit, and helps a lot. also they have fixed food to not be as big of an issue

Total War: Three Kingdoms is now available on Steam.

Naturally, I am very intrigued by the era this game covers as I have loved the RotK series as well as the NA series. I'm curious to see what the reviews say as they continue to roll in. So far it has an 85% positive review out of ~1400 reviews on steam

VN Store

Back