Top 10 vols of this century?

So Hubbs is better, but you like Dane more?

How was his individual contribution more than Hubbs? Hubbs was better in pretty much every stat. He was also the focal point his sr year.

Bradshaw was a glorified role player all four years. He lucked into a good system and great players around him.

Hubbs would have been even better with Lofton and Smith opening things up for him by stretching the defense.

He was so consistent he scored a whopping 5.5 ppg his sr year to 13.7.

He couldn't shoot either.

Hubbs was hurt a ton. He was the better player and contributed more.

Bradshaw was a crowd favorite so his contributions are greatly exaggerated. I still remember him on the billboard over all the better players he played with. The hype he got influences people's memory. He was very average.

He wasn't a top ten player regardless of Hubbs.

No one is saying he is. In fact, people wholly agree that he isn't. Neither is Hubbs.

Reactions: 1 person
So Hubbs is better, but you like Dane more?

How was his individual contribution more than Hubbs? Hubbs was better in pretty much every stat. He was also the focal point his sr year.

Bradshaw was a glorified role player all four years. He lucked into a good system and great players around him.

Hubbs would have been even better with Lofton and Smith opening things up for him by stretching the defense.

He was so consistent he scored a whopping 5.5 ppg his sr year to 13.7.

He couldn't shoot either.

Hubbs was hurt a ton. He was the better player and contributed more.

Bradshaw was a crowd favorite so his contributions are greatly exaggerated. I still remember him on the billboard over all the better players he played with. The hype he got influences people's memory. He was very average.

He wasn't a top ten player regardless of Hubbs.

I’m sure I’ll sound old as heck saying this but points aren’t near everything. You can have those pts per game difference and I’ll raise you a dude that loved to dive on the floor for a loose ball and put his aRs into somebody for a rebound EVERY GAME. And consider the level of competition Tennessee had during both of their time here. Do you see Hubbs earning enough minutes to average 13 a game his senior year with half the squad Bradshaw played with?

I’ll just defer to you from here. But wow k town

Last edited:
K town is implying we like Dane more because he was white.

Wait, wut? How? :blink:

Was he not a crowd favorite? Was he not on billboards around town over the better players. I said people liked him more so it clouds their view of his play.

Maybe YOU just think those things were due to him being white. I have no idea why he got so much love. I always said he was overrated. I didn't imply anything though.

Not a bigger contributor or better player than Hubbs. He was just on better teams.

There are several ways to rate them. How good they are, how much they directly contributed in games, their winning percentage, etc.

Tobias was one of the best players, but one-and-done hurts his rating as far as contributing. Tyler Smith was very talented, but how much of a cancer was he? Hubbs and Bradshaw played through injuries. Was JaJuan very successful if he wasn't playing next to Lofton and Watson?

IMO Weezy, Lofton, Richardson, and CJ are on the Mount Rushmore of 2000s players.

Edit: had to add Josh

Last edited:
There are several ways to rate them. How good they are, how much they directly contributed in games, their winning percentage, etc.

Tobias was one of the best players, but one-and-done hurts his rating as far as contributing. Tyler Smith was very talented, but how much of a cancer was he? Hubbs and Bradshaw played through injuries. Was JaJuan very successful if he wasn't playing next to Lofton and Watson?

IMO Weezy, Lofton, and CJ are on the Mount Rushmore of 2000s players. The 4th is more difficult.

I’m glad you mentioned C.J. What part of his career here gets him on your list?

Definitely wouldn’t have C.J. in my top 3. His pro career has people rewriting his history here.

4 years. Improved throughout his career. Lead TN through the Buzz to Bruce transition. A true PG, which by definition is a position of leadership.

Nearly 40% from 3. Nearly a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio. Just under 80% from the FT line. Solid steals and rebounding stats as well. Solid, consistent contributor and leader. Pearl could have easily stumbled out of the gate without having CJ to depend on.

Started every game as a sophomore, junior, and senior and all but one as a freshman. Averaged nearly 32 MPG every year.

Last edited:
Give me Hubbs over Dane any day. Dane couldn’t average 14 ppg on 47% for a whole year in the OVC let alone the SEC.

I would take JP over both however

Statistically Dane and JP were similar. JP had a better FG%, but neither took a lot of shots. JP's better FG percentage was likely due to breakaways and driving into the paint. Both were pretty much laying bricks from the perimeter.

4 years. Improved throughout his career. Lead TN through the Buzz to Bruce transition. A true PG, which by definition is a position of leadership.

Nearly 40% from 3. Nearly a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio. Just under 80% from the FT line. Solid steals and rebounding stats as well. Solid, consistent contributor and leader. Pearl could have easily stumbled out of the gate without having CJ to depend on.

Started every game as a sophomore, junior, and senior and all but one as a freshman. Averaged nearly 32 MPG every year.

That 2 to 1 with what he was playing with, most of his career, was definitely impressive.

Last edited:
Give me Hubbs over Dane any day. Dane couldn’t average 14 ppg on 47% for a whole year in the OVC let alone the SEC.

I would take JP over both however

I would take Hubbs over dane too. Can’t choose between hubbs and prince though, those are two of my all time favorites

He’s the reason we ever went to the sweet sixteen, so I don't think he's being overrated Here.

Wayne Chism, Bobby Maze, and Scotty Hopson had a hand in that as well, Dallas. JP didn't will us to the Elite 8. He's not "THE reason".

Only reason I can see is he was a 4 year starter and the best PG we've had since Tony Harris, probably...plus he is our longest-tenured NBA player in recent memory who qualifies for the list.

My top 10:

1. Lofton
2. Slay
3. Harris
4. Stokes
5. Chism
6. Richardson
7. Watson
8. Smith
9. McRae
10. Admiral

Dane belongs due to intangibles and contributions to team success. Richardson should be ranked higher.
The problems with a top any number list is there are always a bunch of players hovering around that upper limit. Argument can be made for many of them. I would have liked to have seen Maymon on it but injury limited what could have been an outstanding career.

VN Store

Back