'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

he didn't do much camping and i dont believe he entertained many schools. pretty low-key recruitment tends to allow the services to overlook. I remember him outplaying (dominating, really) Jacoby stevens in a HS game a few years back. Goes to show how important those rankings are

Someone asked about his route running. From RTI:

"Payton has excellent athleticism and is a solid route runner to go along with his blazing speed. He particularly excels at running slant routes, and he was a big red zone target for Northwest Mississippi in his first year there. He’ll get physical with corners when he’s running routes and blocking on the edge both. His strengths are his awareness and ability to run smart routes. He’ll pull down some tough passes as well. He’s a gritty receiver who doesn’t give up on plays easily."

JUCO WR & Top Vols' Target Decommits from Ole Miss After UT Visit | RTI

Wait.... what?! Are u screwing with me?
Rumors and speculation as to why hubbs & co. traveled to WV to interview him and his coach. People on here were saying that hubbs & co. don't travel to talk to recruits (committment video) unless they are committing. It's all in his thread. You have to do some digging though. I think it was back in Aug/Sept timeframe

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Rumors and speculation as to why hubbs & co. traveled to WV to interview him and his coach. People on here were saying that hubbs & co. don't travel to talk to recruits (committment video) unless they are committing. It's all in his thread. You have to do some digging though. I think it was back in Aug/Sept timeframe
Ya I just saw it. That will be amazing. We might even finish with a top 5 class with everything that’s happening recently with all of our prospects and the new faces that are emerging.

he didn't do much camping and i dont believe he entertained many schools. pretty low-key recruitment tends to allow the services to overlook. I remember him outplaying (dominating, really) Jacoby stevens in a HS game a few years back. Goes to show how important those rankings are

And the importance of a staff doing its own scouting, rather than just stargazing.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back