'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

I hate math
660019.gif

My understanding was that to blueshirt, they couldn’t officially visit the campus or have received an in-home. But my understanding had been that they had ended blueshirting altogether sooo?
They have not gotten rid of blueshirt as far as i know. You cant backcount anymore though as well as cant go over 25 a year and also cant go over 85 total. That is as i understand it. It was said back when these rules were put in place that they could take 25 every year as long with the blueshirt rule still being available.

They have not gotten rid of blueshirt as far as i know. You cant backcount anymore though as well as cant go over 25 a year and also cant go over 85 total. That is as i understand it. It was said back when these rules were put in place that they could take 25 every year as long with the blueshirt rule still being available.
That’s why we only have 21 available for 19. Because 4 are taken already.

But what im saying is we can take 4 more from the 20 class for the 19 class and then 4 from the 21 class for the 20 class and so on.
But WHAT KIND of players are you getting? Going that route. You can’t hope for a Bryce Thompson to fall through the cracks every season or a Brandon Kennedy either for that matter. You’ll get players that weren’t recruited highly or at all by P5 schools (like Davis and George). Those are fine when you’re working from behind cobbling together a roster, but when the program’s driving up to the curb of what we want it to be, we’re going to need better prospects at the backend of our recruiting classes.

But WHAT KIND of players are you getting? Going that route. You can’t hope for a Bryce Thompson to fall through the cracks every season or a Brandon Kennedy either for that matter. You’ll get players that weren’t recruited highly or at all by P5 schools (like Davis and George). Those are fine when you’re working from behind cobbling together a roster, but when the program’s driving up to the curb of what we want it to be, we’re going to need better prospects at the backend of our recruiting classes.

This.

Reactions: butchna
Just a gut feeling...but I just don’t think so...my confidence in Pruitt will sky rocket if he pulls it off though
I don't think we get him either, and it stinks to feel that way. We need him worse than any other recruit we are still in on, at least more valuable to us than everybody except maybe Crouch as a LB, and I'm not really sold on that..I really think Wright and Wanya together would be 1a and 1b in terms of need this year.

I don't think we get him either, and it stinks to feel that way. We need him worse than any other recruit we are still in on, at least more valuable to us than everybody except maybe Crouch as a LB, and I'm not really sold on that..I really think Wright and Wanya together would be 1a and 1b in terms of need this year.

Hey your avi is back!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
SCUTTLE: The Vols still want to land another receiver in their 2019 class and Payton is among their most realistic targets. He's a prime flip candidate, despite his current commitment to Ole Miss. The 6-2, 192-pound Nashville native nearly committed to Tennessee under the previous staff and the new offer and allure to play close to home might be too much to pass up.
VQ

ESPN now lists this kid as the #1 JUCO WR this class...they haven’t applied the stars yet but if you look at Ole Miss commit list you see him sandwiched between two 82’s so he’ll be an 82 4* when they update...

I think this kid needs to be the other WR in this class...he has elite speed and can be a legit downfield threat next year... I think we’ll have a legit two deep at WR when you add him and Keyton...

Murphy-Payton
Jennings-Keyton
Palmer-Johnson

Now that’s a two deep that can do something...and no, I didn’t forget Callaway...I think he plays his way into an early NFL entry this year

Reactions: T Dog and LittleVol

VN Store

Back