'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

"I was a fan of Florida State growing up and he and I joke about that. But with that said, whenever I saw Tennessee playing, I cheered for them."

Is PeayVol actually Tee Hodge? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Hodge, who rushed for 723 yards and 12 touchdowns on Maryville’s state title team last fall, has grown up in the shadows of Knoxville his whole life, yet the 2020 tailback was actually raised a Florida State fan. His dad showed him highlights of former Seminoles quarterback Chris Weinke, and the two had a funny first moment when Hodge realized Weinke was now a coach with the Vols.
“It was a really cool connection,” Hodge said.
"My dad told me all about him growing up. My favorite team was always FSU. That’s what me and coach Weinke always joke about. We always crack about that. I hear from coach Weinke a lot. He likes me. He’s a good coach.”
While Hodge readily admits Tennessee will always be a major factor in his recruitment, the rising junior is in no rush to expedite his college choice. He wants to see more schools and is currently focused on helping Maryville win another state championship this fall.
"Tennessee (coaches) really want their players to stay in Tennessee. They showed great hospitality. They’re very loyal,” he said.
“I’m still young. I’m not rushing into anything. Right now I’m just focused on high school.”

VQ

I knew a Larry Hodge who graduated from Maryville High School in '92. I assume this is his son. He does look a little bit like him.

Maryville's Tee Hodge is really ripping #1 Oakland tonight:cool: I hope Tennessee can get a commitment from Mr Hodge because he's going to be a damn good RB:cool:

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back