'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

So he is on the level of Morris and Wright?
Possibly down the line, but not right now. He's only played a year of football I think, so he's still pretty raw. But man, he has a lot of potential. He wouldn't be as game ready to start right away as Morris and Wright, but he could develop into a legit All-SEC type guy in his second or third year on campus. He also plays guard, not tackle like those two.

McBride is a very strong lineman, and he knows how to use his body for power. He does a good job getting his feet in the ground and his hands inside to drive opponents. His footwork in pass blocking is also impressive. He blocks through the whistle and absolutely finishes the block every time. He starts to run into trouble when it comes to the details of his technique, however. He doesn’t fire off the ball well, but instead often times catches the defender, then begins to drive him. He also has a tendency to poke his elbows out when he blocks, which can cause him to turn with guys rather than drive them straight back. This can also lead to more holding calls against him. His pad level is entirely too high, and sometimes he gets too top heavy instead of keeping an athletic base under himself, which can cause him to struggle with control blocking in space. However, for a guy with just one year of football experience, he is an excellent offensive lineman, and his shortcomings are things that can be fixed with time and coaching.

-C. Collier

Vols Among Favorites for Huge In-State Offensive Lineman | Rocky Top Insider

Space in this class...

We will drop or lose several from the current commitment list. Cox and who knows which other ones. curious to see what happens when/ if Crouch, Wright,Hill,Mcbride,possibly Bogle and Johnson. Plus possibly a WR and the LB from California want to be Vols. Could get interesting the next few months.

I really like this kid, but I just don't see us having room. Too many needs at other positions, IMO.

We will drop or lose several from the current commitment list. Cox and who knows which other ones. curious to see what happens when/ if Crouch, Wright,Hill,Mcbride,possibly Bogle and Johnson. Plus possibly a WR and the LB from California want to be Vols. Could get interesting the next few months.
We get to and win a bowl, I believe our class will look very different on signing day than it does now. Bowl game, and I believe we seal the deal for Wright, Crouch, and To'oto'o, and maybe flip Norton, and quite possibly Taulia.

Morris, Lampley, UF guy (dont want to butcher his name), Wright and McBride? That could be one of our best OL hauls in a long, long time.

Reactions: Bobo0101
If we know for sure that we are not getting Bogle then we might take him but with Bogle, Wright, Crouch, and Hill as possibilities plus possibly take another WR their won’t be room, even with Cox probably leaving room will be tight.

If we know for sure that we are not getting Bogle then we might take him but with Bogle, Wright, Crouch, and Hill as possibilities plus possibly take another WR their won’t be room, even with Cox probably leaving room will be tight.
This. Only way we can take all these guys is cutting current commits loose. Which I'm sure some of that will happen.

This. Only way we can take all these guys is cutting current commits loose. Which I'm sure some of that will happen.
McBride is the best blue shirt possibility out there.....he is from State of Tennessee......no official visit …...etc

yeah, a couple will be out if Curry, Hill, Wright and Crouch all want in. if bogle winds up wanting on board in addition, we're gonna have some decisiosn to make.

VN Store

Back