'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

C is becoming the glamour position in the NFL because of how important that guy is in the zone blocking scheme. The reason we got the biggest name in ‘19 (Webb) and ‘20 is because they see a direct path to big time paychecks.

I want him so that Cade has to see his brother be loved in their home state and a UT NC ring on his finger at dinner every Thanksgiving for the rest of their lives.

This would be perfect. Cade will never be loved anywhere like Cooper would be if he is on a UT team that restores UT to prominence.

Webb is all Bama far as I knew. Cooper is a 3 way toss up; unless I'm misunderstanding you?

Right. But the reason we’re even getting a visit is because Webb and Mays and the like know that playing center at Bama or UGA or, now, Tennessee, is an apprenticeship to playing for the league.

Reactions: 1 person
Right. But the reason we’re even getting a visit is because Webb and Mays and the like know that playing center at Bama or UGA or, now, Tennessee, is an apprenticeship to playing for the league.

Better put. Agree 100

How can a junior in high school be undersized? What is he 260 or something? Still bigger than 98% of high school linemen probably more

98% of high school lineman don't go on to play SEC ball.

IIRC he was or is listed around 255. If he puts on 30lbs, he's still only 280ish. Brandon Kennedy was around 300lbs as a freshman.

Which isn't to say Cooper can't or won't put the weight on. He just has to do it.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
The kid is 6'3" at least. Plenty big enough and one season in the nutritional and weight program he'll be just the right weight/strength.

98% of high school lineman don't go on to play SEC ball.

IIRC he was or is listed around 255. If he puts on 30lbs, he's still only 280ish. Brandon Kennedy was around 300lbs as a freshman.

Which isn't to say Cooper can't or won't put the weight on. He just has to do it.
I'm just saying it's stupid to call a junior in high school undersized when he still have a year to grow. Also 285 is a good size for an incoming freshman. Especially if he's an EE

I'm just saying it's stupid to call a junior in high school undersized when he still have a year to grow. Also 285 is a good size for an incoming freshman. Especially if he's an EE
it's relative to what he's being projected to be, not relative to his current peer group.

he is undersized to be an SEC OL right now. he will have to get bigger.

that's not really debatable, and why he's described as undersized....right now.

it's relative to what he's being projected to be, not relative to his current peer group.

he is undersized to be an SEC OL right now. he will have to get bigger.

that's not really debatable, and why he's described as undersized....right now.
This

It's all about a kid's frame and build (length, shoulders, etc). You look at him and it's not hard to see why some question at this time if he has the frame of a big-time SEC OL prospect.

VN Store

Back