'25 TN DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)

I think we’ve been good here for a while but I’ve been wrong before. I think a lot of the build up has been for recruiting site clicks.
From reading a couple of articles, I think Tx was legitimately a threat (possibly even the favorite) until their D-line coach left for LSU. Michigan was also a serious contender that was hurt in this recruitment by coaching turnover. I don’t know about other sites, but I don’t think the VQ guys played up the drama for clicks. We legitimately had to go out and win this recruiting battle and may still have to fight to keep him if he follows through with taking other visits.

From reading a couple of articles, I think Tx was legitimately a threat (possibly even the favorite) until their D-line coach left for LSU. Michigan was also a serious contender that was hurt in this recruitment by coaching turnover. I don’t know about other sites, but I don’t think the VQ guys played up the drama for clicks. We legitimately had to go out and win this recruiting battle and may still have to fight to keep him if he follows through with taking other visits.
The fact that we’re beating out 2 CFP teams is impressive. Assuming we do.

Reactions: highspeed
Sad....very sad. "Commitment" means nothing anymore.
I’m all for a recruit enjoying the process as it’s a once in a lifetime moment. Just strange to do an official commitment announcement before taking the visits. Even “silently” committing then taking your visits and publicly committing afterwards is not all that strange to me. This is an odd one for sure. Hope we can hang on through the rest of the cycle.

Last edited:
I’m all for a recruit enjoying the process as it’s a once in a lifetime moment. Just strange to do an official commitment announcement before taking the visits. Even “silently” committing then taking your visits and publicly committing afterwards is not all that strange to me. This is an odd one for sure. Hope we can hang on here.
I'm not so sure it's all that "odd". Suspect it happens far more often than we know. Like you said, I've got no problem with kids enjoying the process, but deal straight with the programs you're interested in. Do things the right way. The golden rule is always the right way.

I'm not so sure it's all that "odd". Suspect it happens far more often than we know. Like you said, I've got no problem with kids enjoying the process, but deal straight with the programs you're interested in. Do things the right way. The golden rule is always the right way.
I agree but I don’t like scheduling multiple visits to schools you were very interested in before you committed.

Reactions: MemphisVol3

VN Store

Back