'25 TN DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)

There are people all the time complaining and saying he can’t recruit anymore. Volnation gonna Volnation

I’ve said in the past that Garners recruiting reputation was aided significantly by the barn at Auburn and their shady back door dealings.

Top 2-3 DL coaches in the country, for sure. I wouldn’t trade him. I mean, by all accounts he turned Amari McNiel and sounds like Jayson Jenkins - two lower ranked kids - into contributors. Even if AM contributed somewhere else because he wasn’t patient enough to stay here.

That said - he’s also long in the tooth and I don’t think his tough love approach appeals to most kids these days.

I liken it to Bill Parcells. Players hated Parcells when they played for him but then once they were used to him or after their careers - they loved him because they wisened up/matured to understand BPs methods.

So I definitely think Eckeler/Chop are probably our most active/best recruiters at this point.

Just my perspective and wanting to give credit where it’s due. If people want to take this as me disrespecting RG, so be it.

I’ve said in the past that Garners recruiting reputation was aided significantly by the barn at Auburn and their shady back door dealings.

Top 2-3 DL coaches in the country, for sure. I wouldn’t trade him. I mean, by all accounts he turned Amari McNiel and sounds like Jayson Jenkins - two lower ranked kids - into contributors. Even if AM contributed somewhere else because he wasn’t patient enough to stay here.

That said - he’s also long in the tooth and I don’t think his tough love approach appeals to most kids these days.

I liken it to Bill Parcells. Players hated Parcells when they played for him but then once they were used to him or after their careers - they loved him because they wisened up/matured to understand BPs methods.

So I definitely think Eckeler/Chop are probably our most active/best recruiters at this point.

Just my perspective and wanting to give credit where it’s due. If people want to take this as me disrespecting RG, so be it.
That’s a fair take. I still think Garners approach resonates with some and not with others. Some kids want to have smoke blew up their butt during recruiting, garner isn’t that type of guy.

RG was the top recruiter when he was at his prior stop with us and no barn involved. Seems to me you’ve dug in to your opinion being fact and are ready to die on that hill. CRG has always been a fantastic recruiter and is still today and that’s not just my opinion, but the consensus opinion of the football world.

RG was the top recruiter when he was at his prior stop with us and no barn involved. Seems to me you’ve dug in to your opinion being fact and are ready to die on that hill. CRG has always been a fantastic recruiter and is still today and that’s not just my opinion, but the consensus opinion of the football world.

If you’re referencing how RG recruited 25 years ago to make your point then it lends to you being the one “dug into your opinion and ready to die on that hill.”

Nevertheless, I said what I said. Agree to disagree.

Just need to realize they are selling ORANGE and setting up GARNER for the close.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back