'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

just as a point of conversation not trying to argue it really. But is it really evaluation that is good if they are bringing in a majority 4/5 stars at the position?

coaching is definitely good, but "finding" guys everyone knows is good doesn't qualify as good evaluation imo.

That’s why I said those two. Greedy Williams was a 3 Star coming out. He’s one of the best CBs in the country now.

Keshawn Lawrence = Dre Kirkpatrick

This kid is gonna be a stud. Hopefully Pruitt and the staff can land him.

Future 1st round corner.

I wish you would be banned. You get all the fans on here who don’t know much in believing your BS and your predictions, and then those fans raise cane becaue the said player isn’t ed reed, and make our fan base look even dumber.

I wish you would be banned. You get all the fans on here who don’t know much in believing your BS and your predictions, and then those fans raise cane becaue the said player isn’t ed reed, and make our fan base look even dumber.

Come on now. If they are dumb enough to believe him then there isn't much help for them anyway. That's not on D4H.

Reactions: LittleVol
so the vast majority of their guys get drafted at a rate that other 4/5s aren't?

Didn't OSU have 3 DBs drafted last year and maybe 1 or 2 the year before. And lsu seems to have 1 or 2 every year. I have no stats on it but it seems like yeah they get drafted more. Coaching probably goes into it as well I was just saying not all 4/5 star guys are equal and they seem to be good at picking them and getting them drafted.

Coaches travel note...

Tennessee worked instate today but only hit up private schools because of weather with so many systems still closed.

Terry Fair went to Ensworth to see Keshawn Lawrence while Jeremy Pruitt went to Memphis to see Bill Norton, Marcus Henderson, Maurice Hampton, Omari Thomas, and Ray Curry.

- Price

Reactions: 3 people
The new Tennessee coaching staff is working hard as it starts to build the 2019 recruiting class, but that doesn’t mean Jeremy Pruitt and company don’t already have an eye toward the future. Class of 2020 Keshawn Lawrence is poised to be one of the Volunteer State’s top prospects and he said Pruitt has already led him know he will be a priority.

“Right after he got to Knoxville after the national championship we spoke on the phone,” Lawrence said. “He was just telling me about how I can be such a good player at Tennessee, and some things I need to work on to keep getting better.”

Lawrence is currently playing basketball and it has limited his opportunities to take visits, but he’s hoping to be in Knoxville again soon. But even without a trip to campus since Pruitt has been hired, it’s clear what the new head coach thinks about Lawrence’s importance to the the school.

“He told me he can build 2020 around me,” Lawrence said. “He said UT could be a good fit for me and they want me to stay home.”

Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
"the visit was good," lawrence said. "there was a different energy with the new staff. I enjoyed meeting them. Coach (jeremy) pruitt was serous the whole time, but he did crack a joke or two. The other coaches were cool as i got to know them."

the message from pruitt was rather simple. Lawrence is a difference maker who is needed in knoxville if the vols are going to turn it around. "he told me he liked my game," lawrence said. "i like the honesty and how he coaches and stuff like that. He will get on you and not baby you. That's what i need and that's what i want. At the end of the day he's cool, but he is going to coach you hard and push you to be better."

"i noticed how many quality coaches they have in the secondary," lawrence said. "you can learn from more than one guy and i think that's big. Coach fair is my man. I have a good relationship with him. He's similar to coach pruitt. The only difference is pruitt is the head coach. Coach fair played at tennessee and then in the nfl with the lions." "he relates well to players and you can tell that," lawrence said. "plus he played at the highest level at tennessee and the nfl. He can relate to everything we are going through and what he is teaching."

"i think coaches like my leadership," lawrence said. "i think i play with a different kind of swag that coaches like as well. I do whatever i need to do to get the job done. All the coaches say i know how to hit and they like that. I can get better with my footwork and get faster as well. I'm always working on my technique."

clemson, lsu, ohio state join tennessee in recruiting lawrence really hard this early in the process. "i'd say i'll do something my senior year because i don't see a need to commit early unless i'm going to enroll early," lawrence said. "i'm just giving myself all the time that i need and taking my time because it's a big decision and i want to make sure i've see everything i need to see."

- vq

“they really, really want me there,” said lawrence, who’s ranked by 247sports as the no. 136 overall prospect and no. 15 cornerback in the 2020 class. Lawrence said he’s not ready to name a group of favorites among the more than 15 schools that have extended offers to him. But he admitted “it’s safe to say” that tennessee and clemson, the only two schools he has visited this year, are among the programs currently standing out to him.

“

“i’d never really seen head coaches really get involved with players and stuff,” lawrence said. “i saw coach pruitt was really trying to coach the dbs and getting onto everybody. I mean, i went to the film room, saw how they did everything there, just saw everything — like, how the coaches really act, how they tried to coach and stuff like that. “plus, he knows what he’s talking about because of all the dbs he’s done sent to the league, like jalen ramsey, all those. He worked with all those guys. I like that a lot, actually. … he’s been through these pros. He’s done seen it all and dealt with it. He knows what he’s doing.”

Lawrence was at the cookout this weekend...

"I loved the environment," Lawrence said. "Today was fun because we were just hanging out and not talking about football all day. We were just hanging out and kicking it back like a family would. It was just chill." In town with his teammate 4-star DL/TE Tyler Baron after Ensworth scrimmaged Maryville in Cookeville at Tennessee Tech on Friday, Lawrence got the chance to spend plenty of time with the first-year Tennessee staff led by head coach Jeremy Pruitt. The event gave him a better feel and a different look at the top Vol.

"I had never seen coach Pruitt just being chill," Lawrence said. “I'd never have seen him around his family. I was able to see how he would be at home around his family. It was just chill. I already knew how coach Fair acts, but it was good to see how coach Pruitt was in this setting."

And the pitch from Pruitt is rather simple. He wants to keep Lawrence home because he sees a player that can immediately contribute on the field at Tennessee. "He tells me that I'm a good leader, that I hit well and how I can impact my team and the game with my abilities," Lawrence said. "I like how he shoots you straight and how he keeps it real with you."

Lawrence is also a pretty good basketball player in his own right, but he knows that when it comes right down to it, football is what will butter his bread for the longterm. "It's not that hard because football is my meal ticket," Lawrence said. "I don't have big offers in basketball, even though I like it and was my first love. I can't give it up like that, but I want to play it for as long as I can."

-VQ

Of all the in-state guys in '20....this is the one UT really needs to get. JMO.

Crystal Ball predictions: Tennessee 100%

Lawrence, a four-star prospect who's one of Tennessee's early top targets in the 2020 class, has visited the Vols multiple times this year, including a pair of trips to Knoxville in June and July. A top-100 prospect who's ranked the No. 3 player from Tennessee in the 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class, Tennessee picked up the first Crystal Ball prediction for Lawrence in late August.

RC

This 2020 in state class could go a long way into helping TN rebuild. Studs that werent overrated by Rivals because they are from the midstate.

Keshawn Lawrence = Dre Kirkpatrick

This kid is gonna be a stud. Hopefully Pruitt and the staff can land him.

Future 1st round corner.

Slow your roll man. If you watch his team play, he is one of the best athletes on the field. Has all the ability in the world.

If he progresses (and I’ve been told that he is a smart kid) he has amazing potential.

Let’s chill on the future first round corner talk.

VN Store

Back