'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

Welp, didn’t see that one coming.

Edit: Lot of time for him to realize how far southern California is from Momma.
I hope he kills it out here in LA if he stays committed.

Tennessee is on a good number of RBs. Playmakers period. And now our defense is catching up.

Not worried.

He was on visit this weekend and was looking to make a spring decision. USC hired Anthony Jones Jr from TCU to coach RBs this offseason, who has the majority of his ties in the state of Tennessee. He was a guy I would've been perfectly fine with taking the MTSU job. Elite coach that was also in the mix for our RB job. Played at UTC (Daune is from Chattanooga). Coached at Cordova when Jeremy Banks was the RB there, then developed all those Memphis RBs, and then developed Kendre Miller and Emani Bailey at TCU. USC will find ways to use him. He has success with a smaller back in Darrell Henderson Jr and with a RB/slot type in Antonio Gibson. Really like the fit and makes sense.

Imho I think Tennessee needs a bigger back personally so I'm kinda hoping for Shekai Mills-Knight

He was on visit this weekend and was looking to make a spring decision. USC hired Anthony Jones Jr from TCU to coach RBs this offseason, who has the majority of his ties in the state of Tennessee. He was a guy I would've been perfectly fine with taking the MTSU job. Elite coach that was also in the mix for our RB job. Played at UTC (Daune is from Chattanooga). Coached at Cordova when Jeremy Banks was the RB there, then developed all those Memphis RBs, and then developed Kendre Miller and Emani Bailey at TCU. USC will find ways to use him. He has success with a smaller back in Darrell Henderson Jr and with a RB/slot type in Antonio Gibson. Really like the fit and makes sense.

Imho I think Tennessee needs a bigger back personally so I'm kinda hoping for Shekai Mills-Knight
USC also got a commitment from Harry Dalton out of VA (a guy I raved about over a year ago)
5’11 205 ATH with 4.3 speed.

Morris and Dalton are both dynamic. Only 3 star players but high output.

I think Knight is due for a big year with Sparks and Dodson opening up the field.
Watch out for Texas later this year with Knight.
Hopefully he’s All Vol before that happens

This is interesting. So our two leading RB coach candidates were Jones who has a connection with Duane and Sims who was already recruiting SMK at Cincinnati. Surely we wouldn't have hired a position coach based on the recruitment of two in-state 3-4 stars, but it's an interesting observation.

USC also got a commitment from Harry Dalton out of VA (a guy I raved about over a year ago)
5’11 205 ATH with 4.3 speed.

Morris and Dalton are both dynamic. Only 3 star players but high output.

I think Knight is due for a big year with Sparks and Dodson opening up the field.
Watch out for Texas later this year with Knight.
Hopefully he’s All Vol before that happens
Mills-Knight is also healthy. He missed the first four games with injury and it was his first year away from Canada so he was still getting acclimated. You could tell he clearly just kept getting better and better every week. He’s a breakout candidate this year imo. Has a very attractive skillset once he starts lowering that pad level but that’s fixable. They’ll count on him more now with a young but very talented QB and Amari and Max gone

VN Store

Back