Time to Give Nike the Boot

Weird that the guy who called out virtue signaling doesn't know what it is. Thst explains the ironically hypocritical post.

I absolutely know what virtue signaling is. Nike is doing it. I am not. Nike had been irrelevant in my life for many reasons and it isn't virtue signaling to point that out in a thread about Nike.

So, Huff. Do you or do you not think a company (Fila for example) signing on a couple of pro athletes for endorsements is far different than a company sponsoring a major D1 school and all it's athletics?

So, Huff. Do you or do you not think a company (Fila for example) signing on a couple of pro athletes for endorsements is far different than a company sponsoring a major D1 school and all it's athletics?

Idk why it matters, tbh. Different in some respects. Same in others.

I love my Nike Combat Boots, I love Nike running apparel and I have the deepest man crush possible for my military discount to the Nike Store. Some of us know the country isn't being disrespected.

I love my Nike Combat Boots, I love Nike running apparel and I have the deepest man crush possible for my military discount to the Nike Store. Some of us know the country isn't being disrespected.

Didn't know Nike made combat boots.

Didn't know Nike made combat boots.
They're one of, if not the, most popular boot. Their original version was the most comfortable boot ever made. Turned out it didn't meet Army specs though. The Army spec version is still super comfy and durable, but not in the same ballpark as the original.

Last edited:
They're one of, if not the, most popular boot. Their original version was the most comfortable boot I've ever made. Turned out it didn't meet Army specs though. The Army spec version is still super comfy and durable, but not in the same ballpark as the original.

We couldn't even wear Hi-Techs back in the day.

heck, rather have Fila than Nike...it is weird to me though, I had to doublecheck my shoes and clothing...I don't even have any Nike anyway...I'm a NB guy...:D

GO VOLS!
NB and Brooks for me. Never cared for Nike quality. That said, I buy products I like because I like them, not to make political statements.

They're one of, if not the, most popular boot. Their original version was the most comfortable boot ever made. Turned out it didn't meet Army specs though. The Army spec version is still super comfy and durable, but not in the same ballpark as the original.

Nothing will ever surpass the Bates M8 boots for comfort.

For all time.

the really funny thing is most all current Soldiers I know have no issues with the kneeling, they don't even care. But by lord, civilians want to tell us about how upset and disrespected this is to us. I'll still buy Nike running apparel, Nike golf polos and my boots.

Yeah it is. I went to high school with a guy who is now part of the NWS in Charleston. He told me he has no idea what’s going to happen.
I’m in North Myrtle Beach, on the water. I want to stay because I’m a weather geek at heart, I want see this thing, but the wife and mom are shutting that down.

I stayed through Irma. There were a few hours where I thought I might have erred. Ended up without power for 5 days but just rented a hotel room on the beach. Those final few hours before she hit were nerve wracking because it was shifting towards a worst case scenario for me.

Nothing will ever surpass the Bates M8 boots for comfort.

For all time.

I have bought my son three pair of the Danner Reckoning. He does not want any other boot.

53231_P

Reactions: Obsessed
I stayed through Irma. There were a few hours where I thought I might have erred. Ended up without power for 5 days but just rented a hotel room on the beach. Those final few hours before she hit were nerve wracking because it was shifting towards a worst case scenario for me.

5 days.... Pshh.

I vowed never to go through another hurricane without back-up electricity, no A/C and momma wasn't happy. Bought a 15k gen with whole house hook-up.

So long as I have fuel....

5 days.... Pshh.

I vowed never to go through another hurricane without back-up electricity, no A/C and momma wasn't happy. Bought a 15k gen with whole house hook-up.

Would not own a house here in FL without one. We have a 22k whole house. Buried a 500 gallon tank to fuel it. Lasts 6/7 days at full capacity. The neighbors come over after the storm passes.

5 days.... Pshh.

My grandfather had one that was fed by natural gas lines which tend to stay going.

Would not own a house here in FL without one. We have a 22k whole house. Buried a 500 gallon tank to fuel it. Lasts 6/7 days at full capacity. The neighbors come over after the storm passes.

I had an 8500k that ran my refers during Irma and an 11k at my office that ran computers and A/C.

Is it a propane tank you have? I have a buddy that had like a $25k Generac system installed that's always on standby with a buried tank.

VN Store

Back