Time to Give Nike the Boot

It's amazing how many people in the politics forum don't like football.
College is significantly more fun to watch than the NFL. I watch both but I never go out of my way or plan around an NFL game except for the SB. My dad hasn’t watched the NFL in years but does watch college.

It happens. Get over yourself.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
College is significantly more fun to watch than the NFL. I watch both but I never go out of my way or plan around an NFL game except for the SB. My dad hasn’t watched the NFL in years but does watch college.

It happens. Get over yourself.

I agree that the college is more fun. I seriously take more joy in watching a MACTION Wednesday game than I did Jets vs Lions. To each their own. I watch the NFL for the greatness of people like Rodgers, Manning , Brady , and now Wentz or Gurley or Kamara. I watch the the NFL because I love seeing people who are amazing at their craft.

Manning is gone, Brady is approaching 40+, Rodgers is 34-35 ish. I think ratings have dropped some due to the kneeling, but I think there are not as many figures to go for. You either love or hate Brady. Rodgers is somewhat aloof, Gronk is Gronk , you can’t really dislike Russel Wilson, Cam is just weird AF, Big Ben is a liability with his past: There really isn’t many players right now that people rally with . It’s probably a poor analogy , but after Jordan left there was a lull. There’s no more Peyton vs. Brady. The league needs some villains and some heroes. It seems the villains are getting the air play and the heroes are not really doing their part to match them. The NFL needs rivalries and need people to choose which side they are on. Redskins/ Cowboys, Niners/!Giants, Indy/ Pats. That’s what’s wrong, that and some of the pussy calls of putting your weight on the QB calls.

Sorry for the rant . I’m stressed about this hurricane.

Reactions: davethevol
I agree that the college is more fun. I seriously take more joy in watching a MACTION Wednesday game than I did Jets vs Lions. To each their own. I watch the NFL for the greatness of people like Rodgers, Manning , Brady , and now Wentz or Gurley or Kamara. I watch the the NFL because I love seeing people who are amazing at their craft.

Manning is gone, Brady is approaching 40+, Rodgers is 34-35 ish. I think ratings have dropped some due to the kneeling, but I think there are not as many figures to go for. You either love or hate Brady. Rodgers is somewhat aloof, Gronk is Gronk , you can’t really dislike Russel Wilson, Cam is just weird AF, Big Ben is a liability with his past: There really isn’t many players right now that people rally with . It’s probably a poor analogy , but after Jordan left there was a lull. There’s no more Peyton vs. Brady. The league needs some villains and some heroes. It seems the villains are getting the air play and the heroes are not really doing their part to match them. The NFL needs rivalries and need people to choose which side they are on. Redskins/ Cowboys, Niners/!Giants, Indy/ Pats. That’s what’s wrong, that and some of the pussy calls of putting your weight on the QB calls.

Can’t disagree with any of this.

This hurricane is getting weird. I’m in Savannah and at first it was coming at us. Now it’s northward. But now it may stall and go south of all things. Let’s see at 11 it tomorrow 😬

Not sure where you are but we took it on the chin last year (this week) from Irma. Evacuated due to the storm surge and were without power for 11 days.

If you're in the path, good luck - Flo looks mean.

Be safe

A great college game is better than a great nfl game but college is filled with garbage matchups. Take our beloved Vols, for example. We lose by 26 one week and win by 56 the next week, and nobody is surprised by either outcome. Yeah, college football is ****ing great.

Can’t disagree with any of this.

This hurricane is getting weird. I’m in Savannah and at first it was coming at us. Now it’s northward. But now it may stall and go south of all things. Let’s see at 11 it tomorrow 😬
Yeah it is. I went to high school with a guy who is now part of the NWS in Charleston. He told me he has no idea what’s going to happen.
I’m in North Myrtle Beach, on the water. I want to stay because I’m a weather geek at heart, I want see this thing, but the wife and mom are shutting that down.

A great college game is better than a great nfl game but college is filled with garbage matchups. Take our beloved Vols, for example. We lose by 26 one week and win by 56 the next week, and nobody is surprised by either outcome. Yeah, college football is ****ing great.
Agreed. No doubt about it. I would argue allegiances are stronger in college. But the play is much better.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I don’t know why you always get a bee up your ass about this. It’s entertainment much the same way art is entertainment. There is no objective “best” for it. Someone can like Tyler Perry movies and I can think they’re dreck. We’re both right. You worship at the altar of the NFL, that’s great. It doesn't make everyone who doesn’t watch the NFL a rube.

I don’t know why you always get a bee up your ass about this. It’s entertainment much the same way art is entertainment. There is no objective “best” for it. Someone can like Tyler Perry movies and I can think they’re dreck. We’re both right. You worship at the altar of the NFL, that’s great. It doesn't make everyone who doesn’t watch the NFL a rube.

Who has the bee up their ass? ^^^

Reactions: MercyPercy
Who has the bee up their ass? ^^^
Because whenever it comes up you are the first to say the NFL is superior in all regards, anyone who doesn’t watch the NFL doesn’t really like football, etc. I don’t know how you decide someone else doesn’t like something because of what you watch.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Because whenever it comes up you are the first to say the NFL is superior in all regards, anyone who doesn’t watch the NFL doesn’t really like football, etc. I don’t know how you decide someone else doesn’t like something because of what you watch.

Don't take it so personally. It's just a sports opinion

There’s nothing sacred anymore in the NFL. No mystique, it’s all so commercialized. Nobody really has that much of a home field advantage anymore. I would say the Packers, the Seahawks, KC and that’s about it. There is no more Candlestick, Vet or Giant Stadium. Same with the NBA. No Boston Garden, no Forum, no Chicago Stadium, the Knicks suck. It’s like the same experience almost everywhere. LED lights, fireworks, blah blah. $12 beers . Plus the product is being diminished by the over the top rule enforcements.

This board b!tched and moaned about uniforms and Adidas for years. Shrieked for NIKE. We got Nike and now everyone is saying they have never owned anything nike and have always hated nike. You guys are off your meds.

As far as I can tell, I'm the only person who has claimed to have never owned anything nike. And I'll give you $10,000 if you can find a post where I call for Nike apparel for the football team.

Every time people get butthurt about the politics of a company we get these VN comments like "I haven't watched the NFL in 15 years" or "I've never owned anything from Nike". What is this comment even about? Are people looking for approval? Isn't this comment a type of virtue signal? How are you a Tennessee fan and haven't watched the Super Bowl n 15 years? Those are conflicting realities. How are you into sports and never had anything Nike? Nobody believes you.

So I'm virtue signaling because I think Nike sucked ass long before the Kaepernick campaign? Approve or don't approve, I don't give a sh*t. And then you claim you can't be into sports without owning Nike? Wtf are you even saying?

Reactions: T-TownVol
They tried in the 1990's. Jerry Stackhouse and Grant Hill had signature shoes.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

I would say sponsoring an entire D1 college might be a little different than a couple of good NBA players, but you'd probably argue lol

So I'm virtue signaling because I think Nike sucked ass long before the Kaepernick campaign? Approve or don't approve, I don't give a sh*t. And then you claim you can't be into sports without owning Nike? Wtf are you even saying?

Weird that the guy who called out virtue signaling doesn't know what it is. Thst explains the ironically hypocritical post.

Reactions: MercyPercy

VN Store

Back