Tim Tebow AA all star

Otis07

really thought his baseball attempt was a stunt.....Proving alot of folks wrong, I am pulling for him despite being a gator

AA must be lacking in talent.......or they need to sell tickets.....which is more viable???

AA must be lacking in talent.......or they need to sell tickets.....which is more viable???

Ding Ding Ding.

To be fair, he is hitting .270 in AA and that's way better than I thought he would. But he is still striking out a lot and he turns 31 in August, so it's not like he's a serious prospect.

He'll probably still get called up to the Mets in September because they suck and they'll need a gimmick to get people to come watch a dead team.

Reactions: 2 people
I suppose he is better than Jordan was at baseball. Tebow's one year younger than Jordan was and playing at the same level Jordan did. Jordan hit .202 with even less power and a lower OBP than Tebow.

If striking out a lot is a problem, there’s a lot of major leaguers that need demoted. It’s (sadly) a new norm.

You can’t bash Tebow for strikeouts if some of the biggest names today in the big leagues are going to finish with over 200 strikeouts

If striking out a lot is a problem, there’s a lot of major leaguers that need demoted. It’s (sadly) a new norm.

You can’t bash Tebow for strikeouts if some of the biggest names today in the big leagues are going to finish with over 200 strikeouts

Yep. Stanton and Judge both have 125 right now.

Last edited:

Strikeout totals that high are a problem if you aren't making up for it in some other regard (high OBP, hitting for a lot of power, etc.). Tebow isn't making up for it.

Aaron Judge puts up huge K totals, but he's also hitting .280/.399/.558. You live with the strikeouts because he's great in so many other areas of hitting; his approach leads to him being strikeout heavy (but doesn't sacrifice batting average) but also leads to those power numbers, the power numbers lead to pitchers being careful with him, which leads to more walks.

Reactions: 4 people

I can when Tebow is doing it against AA pitching, and not MLB pitching like the guys you're comparing him to.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the whole thing was a gimmick but he’s clearly worked his ass off to turn himself into a legitimate AA player. There’s not many people that could do that after 10+ years of layoff so I have to tip my cap to him. He’ll get to play a MLB game at some point too, mostly due to his name

If you guys don’t like Tebow that’s a you problem..The world would be much better off with more people like him.

Reactions: 8 people
If you guys don’t like Tebow that’s a you problem..The world would be much better off with more people like him.

Liking him has nothing to do with honest critique of his baseball career. You seem to be responding to something nobody said in this thread.

Reactions: 3 people
Aaron Judge had a whopping .255 batting average, 144 strikeouts and a .330 OBP his second season in the minors in 124 games.

Through 75 games, Tebow is batting .270, an OBP of .337, and 95 strikeouts. Let’s just keep ripping the guy though because haters gotta hate.

Aaron Judge had a whopping .255 batting average, 144 strikeouts and a .330 OBP his second season in the minors in 124 games.

Through 75 games, Tebow is batting .270, an OBP of .337, and 95 strikeouts. Let’s just keep ripping the guy though because haters gotta hate.

Judge was like 20 years old though

Tebow took forever off from playing baseball though

You missed his point.

I like the ones that are having the emotional response to all this are the ones accusing those pointing out facts of just "being haters".

Last edited:

VN Store

Back