Ticket Sales Down

If all they need is TV money, which I agree is a lot, then why raise ticket prices? Why pay a staff to reach out to potential season ticket buyers if they don't need ticket money?

Seriously asking . . .

UT athletics is a business and like any business they always want to make more money. Throw in things like paying multiple buyouts and stadium expansions and renovations and you’ll see why our expenses are so high. If we stopped handing out stupid contracts (can someone tell me again why a first year coach like Pruitt is being paid so much, why Butch was given a huge extension for almost winning) and adding in as much luxury as possible in the stadium for private boxes then we would be fine on just TV money.

The fans need to get realistic 7-8 wins is the best Tennessee will do this season

This isn’t a single year problem. If UT had made the right hire after Fulmer or Kiffin we wouldn’t be in a situation where we’re hoping to win 7 games. Fulmer was fired in 08. Look up all the successful head coaches that have been hired at P5 schools since 08 and imagine we had gotten any of them to come here instead of the garbage we keep hiring.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Last year I was able to move from BB to b, row 13, seats 11 and 12. This year staying in the same section, I moved over to seats 28 and 29 getting me close to mid field. If ticket sales are down, it has to be in the upper sections as most, except for a couple of random seats are gone. Next year, if possible, I may try to move over to the TN side.

Hi Sarah,
You have great seats! I have sat in section B and enjoyed it. I was a little apprehensive about moving from the TN side, mostly because of the sun. However, I sat in the sun every game when I was a student and didn't think twice about it, so I will probably be okay. Getting into some chair-backs on the TN side is my goal. I'll keep trying to improve my seats and hopefully I will eventually get there.

As for the product on the field, I have been as disappointed as anyone at times, but I don't care. I love going to games and being a season ticket holder was a life-goal for me. Now I'm in and I have a great time. I know the team will be winning again soon and I will be there to see it.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Tickets are getting higher than a cats ass now days. Face value is $130 for Floriduh or the Bamatards. I would love to have season tickets, but with a family of 5 that's hard to justify. I just bought a HD projector with a 155" screen fairly inexpensively. I will go to Floriduh this year, and maybe Bama. Otherwise I am sitting at home. For 3 of us to go to the Floriduh game two years ago, I spent $545 by the time I bought food and drinks. You do that 8 times in a year while adding 2 more people, and I could go lay on a beach at a 5 star resort for a week. It's getting harder and harder to justify going, and I love going. I think UT has missed the boat jacking the prices up to the highest in the SEC. I think a lot of people that used to go when it was affordable are missing from the stands when it comes to the atmosphere at the games. It is absolutely less rowdy in Neyland than it was in the 80's and 90's. The big games still get up there, but not every game like it once was.

Reactions: vol66
vol-fans-awesome.jpeg

How are you going to see this if you don't go to the games?

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
This is ridiculous. If 5 is the ceiling we need a new staff already.

I guarantee Pruitt does not see 5 as the ceiling.

Pruitt will not say what he truly believes the ceiling is with this roster... no coach does..

But when you have 5 star high school rated players that have not played above a 3 star level in college and most of the 4 star players have not >played above 3 star level, you have a talent deficiency. This coach is also smart enough to understand that...

Reactions: Jack Burton
Pruitt will not say what he truly believes the ceiling is with this roster... no coach does..

But when you have 5 star high school rated players that have not played above a 3 star level in college and most of the 4 star players have not >played above 3 star level, you have a talent deficiency. This coach is also smart enough to understand that...

Your equation regarding talent output is irrelevant since their is a regime change. That is one of the gigantic reasons why regimes do change.

You are saying the ceiling is 1 game better than a Butch team. That is absurd.

Your equation regarding talent output is irrelevant since their is a regime change. That is one of the gigantic reasons why regimes do change.

You are saying the ceiling is 1 game better than a Butch team. That is absurd.

we shall see....

Tickets are getting higher than a cats ass now days. Face value is $130 for Floriduh or the Bamatards. I would love to have season tickets, but with a family of 5 that's hard to justify. I just bought a HD projector with a 155" screen fairly inexpensively. I will go to Floriduh this year, and maybe Bama. Otherwise I am sitting at home. For 3 of us to go to the Floriduh game two years ago, I spent $545 by the time I bought food and drinks. You do that 8 times in a year while adding 2 more people, and I could go lay on a beach at a 5 star resort for a week. It's getting harder and harder to justify going, and I love going. I think UT has missed the boat jacking the prices up to the highest in the SEC. I think a lot of people that used to go when it was affordable are missing from the stands when it comes to the atmosphere at the games. It is absolutely less rowdy in Neyland than it was in the 80's and 90's. The big games still get up there, but not every game like it once was.

The money is nuts, I can't do it...even if I could, not sure I would...

Reactions: sona and VolDC
Lets face it Pruitt wasn't the sexy hire the fans wanted....In fact UT didn't go after any of the elite candidates this search...Pruitt is like the 10th choice and until he proves he can win the fans are going to stay away and use their hard earned money for other things.

Larry, I usually agree with you, but I doubt Pruitt would be dragging every recruit under the sun that he can in for the Florida game if 5 was the ceiling.

I think Pruitt might be the right hire. He is making all the right moves so far in recruiting, and didn't embarrass us at SEC Media days with the Georgia crap.

At the end of the day, if he doesn't overachieve and at least be bowl eligible at 6-6 we haven't hired the right coach. I personally don't think that's overachieving either. The team quit last year with 3 0r 4 games left. The National Media and big named recruits will think he overachieved, and that's the key to turning the program. Otherwise, names like Morriss, Bogle, Wright, and Couch will be playing for someone else next year.

Lets face it Pruitt wasn't the sexy hire the fans wanted....In fact UT didn't go after any of the elite candidates this search...Pruitt is like the 10th choice and until he proves he can win the fans are going to stay away and use their hard earned money for other things.

I agree with you about the sexy hire. I called Pruitt the Alabubba High School Coach we just hired for a month. But so far, he is nailing it in recruiting with the right type and size of players. He has Morris committed, and 3 other big time guys are waiting to see how we play this season. That's about all he can do now, except coach him em up and go play.

I agree with you about the sexy hire. I called Pruitt the Alabubba High School Coach we just hired for a month. But so far, he is nailing it in recruiting with the right type and size of players. He has Morris committed, and 3 other big time guys are waiting to see how we play this season. That's about all he can do now, except coach him em up and go play.
No top shelf picks would have taken the Tennessee job and that's the truth

Reactions: JacketVol and VolDC
After many years of concerted effort and constant tweaking of my man cave, it now has the feel and look of a 747 cockpit. Everything within my control and add to that the convenience and comfort of first-class seating and it's a wonder I go out of the house during college football season.

Reactions: VolDC
Last I checked, bama, Ohio state, Clemson, Georgie, and others also have all their games on TV while still selling out the stadium. If you think a 60" TV is the difference between UT and those programs, I would encourage you to reconsider.
None of the listed teams went 4-8 last year. . . actually, they were in the hunt for a NC. People are tired, but we will have a full stadium, hopefully not like 2008 when Bama took the stadium over.

VN Store

Back