This Is Us

I watched the 1st episode and was bored to tears. I'm sure it's gotten better but i don't think i want to get back into it.

Reactions: 1 person
If the first episode didn't draw you in, it's probably not the show for you. I love it. The writing is fantastic.

First episode drew me in. Devout fan!

The actors' comedic timing is on point.

And I agree about Mandy Moore. She's gorgeous, but I've never been super impressed with her acting abilities. I'd rather hear her sing.

The fact that a female started this thread should tell you all you need to know about this show. :p

Isn't this basically the show that replaces Parenthood and they're not really even trying to hide it?

In all seriousness, I haven't watched it myself so it could be a good show.

Given some of the performances I saw last year, that entire category made no sense. It wasn't the only one, either.

Sometimes the GGs make me scratch my head. For instance, I liked Goliath and BBT is good in it, but I wouldn't have put him above Odenkirk, Malek, or Rhys for Best Actor. And I can't comment on Schreiber because I've not seen Ray Donovan yet.

And The Crown is good, but I didn't think it was better than GoT, Westworld, or Stranger Things.

Plus I don't get how they have seperate Best Actor/Actress categories for both Series and Mini-series/TV Film, but then the Best Supporting Actor/Acctress category covers all 3.

Plus I don't get how they have seperate Best Actor/Actress categories for both Series and Mini-series/TV Film, but then the Best Supporting Actor/Acctress category covers all 3.

That supporting actress category was really weird this year. All 5 are arguably the lead actresses on their respective shows (other than Thandie Newton, who still has a big part, just not as big as Wood's).

Never disappoints.

It wasn't until I saw her walking out of his hospital room in the jersey that I realized why the episode came on after the super bowl. And showing the game??? What??? So cool.

It wasn't until I saw her walking out of his hospital room in the jersey that I realized why the episode came on after the super bowl. And showing the game??? What??? So cool.

Wife argued with me that it wasn’t from the game...because it was scoreless and both teams scored early on. I pointed out that there was +14:00 left in the first quarter.

That was the shortest run code in the history of hospitals.

Sorry to nitpick :)

I watched that episode after the Superbowl. Has the whole series been that serious and sad?

VN Store

Back