Things you've liked so far...

I liked sitting in WVU section in CLT telling them we were going to win...then kickoff happened.

We’ve improved every week, even though it’s hard to tell I think we all see it this Saturday.
We have a hell of a coach!
We have a team that is buying into the system slowly but surely.
We have a no bs coach
I also Got a bold prediction: Juan Jennings goes off this week!
GBO! Beat them gators we all despise!!!!

Good poiny. They have been quietly and consistently good. Which is what you hope your kicking team will be. Fingers crossed they can keep it up.

Reactions: Weezer
We are finally able to run the ball right at people and up the field instead of side to side.

I like that our defense is getting better at stopping the run.

It is sadly comical the optimism I think we all feel from just watching hard nosed football being coached and played. I really have liked feeling like we are squarely headed back to the smash mouth style of UT football we can all be proud of. Results should follow.

Reactions: Weezer
coaching up the guys.....we have a winning staff....best ive seen in years...good recruiting and we will be back in the mix year after year.

The fact that CJP had the stones to go for it on 4th down said a ton. RB's talkin trash in a rotation, WR's starting to make some noise, kicking game fairly solid, we seem to know when to take time outs properly...I like it.

I like playing 3 freshmen in the secondary. Bold. But if you believe CBs allow you to dictate defense as CJP says then growing and playing them early, for the next 3-4 years is playing the long game. Didn't see that in the previous 3 coaches.

LBs playing well and seemingly getting better. A good thing for playing a 3-4. Kirkland standing out for having almost transferred.

RB are great so long as they follow the holes given. Outstanding. Banks is showing some old school TN toughness and talent at RB.

I actually believe they have a chance to convert 3rd and 6-10 yards. Passing game can work, its more vertical and the QB has delivered when given decent time to throw.

Speaking of QB play, it's been much better, much improved and is actually a dang threat. The long and prolonged drive against WVU is a thing to remember. If you can do more of that then you can win games you shouldn't based on the prognosticators. That proved to me they have it in them.

WR and TE have a lot to offer. They've been used here and there but have a lot of untapped potential.

Going for it on 4th and goal. Have not seen much in the way of good decision making in the past 5 years, but the past 3 games shows a lot of hope. And no damn "chart". Com-on if you're not gonna win the SECE, why not go for it in the right situations, and we have.

TBD but the offensive scheme seems viable so far so, long as the players execute. Yes we've had a question or two with the new staff but for the most part it's seems to be there.

CJP is no BS and all business. Seems to know where he is and where he wants to be. Roughly 60% of 2019 recruiting is on the LOS. Telling.....! As is playing freshmen in the secondary, and elsewhere.

I formation and running the ball downhill on the goal-line. Just need the RB to follow the blocking when it there and not extend the ball when it's not (I.e. You have 2-3 more tries).

Regardless of score, the two cupcake games were never in question. We did what we were supposed to do. In years past this wasn't necessarily the case. Arguably things went as they should have in the first 3 games with maybe the exception of the 1st half of the WVU game. We did well during that stretch.

VOLs have potential and room to grow right now, so it seems. They have not yet played a complete game. They might just do that yet under CJP. Not sure we saw that with CBJ. Just hope CJP will acknowledge that in the future, even if it's vague. Team might just have a beat down in them against a better team here in the near future. I'd like to see that.

$0.02

Last edited:
Nice to see an optimistic thread like this. I agree with a lot of the other points. Seeing incremental improvement across the board. I like the fact that we're going to beat Florida this year. Also, Pruitt's explanation of why he went for it on 4th down against WVU was better than him actually going for it. Something to the effect of "If we can't move the ball 1 yard then we don't deserve any points."

I like the trajectory we are on. The wins are going to be few and hard fought this year, but I believe I see positives everywhere, week by week regardless of the opponent.

We all know that we are weak and thin on both sides of the ball, but each and every issue is being addressed, neither as fast as we want nor as fast as coaches want, but they are being addressed. You can see improvement with this group of coaches and there is no sense they are cutting corners or risking players heath, actually quite the opposite.

The fact that we are healthier after 3 games than we have been going into any of the past 3 season is amazing. I am thankful for that, and hope it continues.

I like the way he/they recruit, much more confident of the ones we take versus previous years, now we have to take the ones we want.

This team will get better as the season progresses. But so does the competition, and the UF through USCe stretch will be a very, very tough one. Get through it with two wins, and we're in good shape. If this team can stay healthy, they can close on a run, and maybe go 6-6 or 7-5, which means 3-5 or 4-4 in the SEC. And that would be a huge step in the right direction.

I like the look of this staff, this program, and this team. In time, the wins will come. I've waited this long, I can hang on for another year or two.

Go Vols.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

I like that this has gone!!!!!

Lol.....Butch was like Jackie Moon (Will Ferrell) in Semi Pro....

KOCp.gif

Reactions: TrentVol
All I can like right now is WR play which has been great if only we had an OL these guys could dominate. JG play when he isn't on the ground. Kicking game until this week when it suddenly had a bad day. Win over Auburn we got one we were supposed to lose.
That is the good I need a couple pages to list the bad.

We don't look soft...I hated looking (and being) soft.
Except for the offensive line, idk what’s wrong but even trey smith has not looked good at all. Maybe it’s adjusting to the power run scheme who knows but they def need to get more strength in the trenches. The d-line has actually impressed me from a run stopping standpoint. What I do know is if JG is given time the passing game can be special.

VN Store

Back