The "What If" Coaching Carousel Thread

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Lots of rumors of some big name coaches at major programs rumored to be on the chopping block. If so who goes where??

Possible Coaches On Chopping Block
Urban Meyer?
Bobby Pertino
Guz Malazan
Clay Helton
Mike Gundy
Justin Fuente

Potential Jobs:

Ohio State
Auburn
USC
Oklahoma State
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Illinois
Maryland
North Carolina

Of the coaches you list on the chopping block, I don't think Gus, Helton, Gundy, or Fuente are going anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if Urban leaves or they have some kind of "mutual parting of the ways" after the season, and obviously not surprised if Petrino is gone.

Of the others, I suppose Helton is the most likely, but he does have some equity built up given how the 2016 and 2017 seasons went, and he also lost Darnold. I'd say he definitely enters 2019 on the hot seat though, and it won't be the first time he's been on it.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Fuente will likely play in the ACCCG, he isn't going anywhere and the seat isn't even slightly warm

Urban finishes the season, has a "health problem", retires, then takes an NFL job. Probably Tampa.

Agreed on Fuente , I shouldn't have included him.....my bad :p

Totally agree here. VT isn’t quick to fire coaches (like Duke) and I think that is why Fuente chose VT. Job security is a big part of taking the job to many coaches.
We are the opposite and I think that is why we don’t always get who we want. JMO

Totally agree here. VT isn’t quick to fire coaches (like Duke) and I think that is why Fuente chose VT. Job security is a big part of taking the job to many coaches.
We are the opposite and I think that is why we don’t always get who we want. JMO

Like Duke? Who are you referring to?

Lots of rumors of some big name coaches at major programs rumored to be on the chopping block. If so who goes where??

Possible Coaches On Chopping Block
Urban Meyer?
Bobby Pertino
Guz Malazan
Clay Helton
Mike Gundy
Justin Fuente

Potential Jobs:

Ohio State
Auburn
USC
Oklahoma State
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Illinois
Maryland
North Carolina
Mike Grundy.... right after a big extension/raise!

Um, you do realize he lost to ODU right? Thats as bad or worse than Carr losing to App state.
I read the internet...so yeah. I also remember last season and the previous ones. Virginia Tech ain’t gonna fire Fuente.
1540435417015.gif

And you would have said the same thing about Loyd Carr as well. It could definitely happen.
That was Michigan...and he had been in a downward spiral ala Fulmer. Standards thing. VT ain’t Michigan and he’s going to have to string together some losing seasons before that notion even crosses their mind. One freak loss one season doesn’t register THAT season.

VN Store

Back