The Tiger Woods saga

Crazy how good he looked on the first 3 holes and how lost he looks now..... Yet he's still sitting there just 2 back.

That'll pretty much do it. Koepka was just too far ahead to catch without some help. If Koepka keeps it on the golf course on 17 and 18, he's got it. .

Last edited:
That'll pretty much do it. Koepka was just too far ahead to catch without some help. If Koepka keeps it on the golf course on 17 and 18, he's got it. .
...and deservedly so. Koepka just became my new favorite golfer. Special thanks to Tiger for reeling me in this weekend, so I could get to really watch Koepka and appreciate him

...and deservedly so. Koepka just became my new favorite golfer. Special thanks to Tiger for reeling me in this weekend, so I could get to really watch Koepka and appreciate him
Koepka deserves major props. Winning 3 majors in 2 years is just doesn't happen very often.

What's weird is that he's only won 4 PGA tour events and 3 of them are majors.
Apparently, those 3 wins have been in the last 7 majors. That was also just his 100th PGA tournament at the age of 28. Koepka has a chance to be the headlining star of the PGA that they tried to make McElroy and Spieth, imo.

Apparently, those 3 wins have been in the last 7 majors. That was also just his 100th PGA tournament at the age of 28. Koepka has a chance to be the headlining star of the PGA that they tried to make McElroy and Spieth, imo.

Won’t happen. The magic of the PGA is how deep it is right now. I wish people would quit trying to anoint anyone anything.

Won’t happen. The magic of the PGA is how deep it is right now. I wish people would quit trying to anoint anyone anything.
U are right, the PGA is mad deep. I've been really impressed with Justin Thomas over the last 2 weeks, too. But, imo, every sports league needs a headliner. I wasn't annointing anybody, btw. Just saying, a talented, composed, huge driving, young, nice looking guy like Koepka has star qualities that couldn't hurt in bringing in the more casual golf fans

Tiger knew that he needed a 63 or 64 to have a chance, and he said that. Times have changed. He knew that he would have to put up a crazy number because these guys aren't afraid of him , like the older guys who were his peers, and the established guys that came before him. I give Tiger credit for a great last round. Has he ever shot a 64 in the last round of a major?

It wasn't so much the fear factor as it was the number of guys that he had to catch. He had to go low because the course was giving up birdies and he knew he couldn't count on that many guys to back up. He needed to catch 5 and he caught 4.

...and no, I don't think he's ever gone that low. In fact, I doubt there have been very many rounds of -8 or better in major final round history.

Last edited:
It wasn't so much the fear factor as it was the number of guys that he had to catch. He needed to catch 5 guys and he caught 4 of them.

...and no, I don't think he's ever give that low in a final round at a major.
My point is that he caught them by going low, not by them shooting over par.

I still can't believe his chances survived the front 9. I don't think I've ever seen a guy hit irons like that while being so lost with the Driver.

I still can't believe his chances survived the front 9. I don't think I've ever seen a guy hit irons like that while being so lost with the Driver.
Right. Some of the best iron play you will see. Of course, Koepka's 4 iron to the last par 3 wasn't too shabby either. Tiger's transition is much smoother on irons, and not as rushed as with the driver.

Reactions: The Dog
If those two putts had fallen... who knows? The pressure might have caught up with Koepka. Still, a heck of a Sunday for Tiger. He might just surprise me and get one more before his body breaks down again.

If those two putts had fallen... who knows? The pressure might have caught up with Koepka. Still, a heck of a Sunday for Tiger. He might just surprise me and get one more before his body breaks down again.
In these 3 majors that Koepka has won, he has looked pretty unflappable down the stretch so far.

In these 3 majors that Koepka has won, he has looked pretty unflappable down the stretch so far.
Yeah, at this point you have to give the man his due. Once you get to 3 majors, it's ratified air. His putter got slightly suspect for 3 or 4 holes, but then he drained a couple and slammed the door.

Right. Some of the best iron play you will see. Of course, Koepka's 4 iron to the last par 3 wasn't too shabby either. Tiger's transition is much smoother on irons, and not as rushed as with the driver.
The shot of the tournament IMO.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back